Dan Crenshaw

chrisc

Ninja
Debt is bad. Great take, Mr. Crenshaw.
Apparently it wasn’t so obvious to all the Democrats and Republicans who votes for the bipartisan spending bill. Perhaps you should run for office and the two of you can help spread the word! And it wasn’t just “debt is bad.” He was specifically talking about use or lose that needs to go. Which he is 100% correct about it. You just hate it when a republican says something you agree with don’t you

Never mind the fact that it always seems to blow up while the party of so-called fiscal conservatives and champions of eliminating reckless spending are in the White House, but that’s probably just a coincidence, right?
Trump a fiscal conservative? What?

Good for him. That will keep him office for 50+ years. Meanwhile, he sticks his head in the sand over his boss scoffing at brain trauma.
Since you know what he does and doesn’t do and talk about in private, what’s he doing right now?

Are you paying attention? Why would a good person vote for Trump?
I would assume because of their differences with the Democratic Party. But to say anyone who votes for him is a bad person, come on

Nebraska

Poindexter For President
Site Donor
NFL S.P. Champion
But to say anyone who votes for him is a bad person, come on
UPDATE: Trump is currently handing everyone who exploited his corruption in open testimony their walking papers, and his attorney general just issued a memo stating that no investigations into the president, vice president, or their campaign staffers can be conducted without his written approval first.

So again, only two types are on his side: bad people and idiots.

Ct_L33T

I hope that everyone respects the power of their vote. At this point, you are either a Trump supporter, or you want him gone. We live in a 2 party system, there is no legit third party option; the only way Trump loses is if the Democratic candidate wins. Choosing not to vote is a vote for Trump; choosing to vote third party is a vote for Trump. It really is that black and white.

Kevo

SMOKE BOMB!
I hope that everyone respects the power of their vote. At this point, you are either a Trump supporter, or you want him gone. We live in a 2 party system, there is no legit third party option; the only way Trump loses is if the Democratic candidate wins. Choosing not to vote is a vote for Trump; choosing to vote third party is a vote for Trump. It really is that black and white.
I live in Illinois. My vote won't change the outcome. This state is going to vote "not Trump" in 2020.

Miz

mortality, ka, and the Tower
I might agree with your philosophy but it really isn’t black and white. Lot of grey in there. Let’s say there is a third party guy/gal I really respect. I might feel morally obligated to vote for them. Let’s say The Boss runs after receiving my weekly letter I write him. How could I not vote for him? I understand what you’re saying I just don’t know if it’s that black and white. I’m almost 100 percent sure I’ll vote democratic and I’m a absolutely 100 percent sure I’d never vote for Trump.

Kevo

SMOKE BOMB!
Move to Michigan, they need you. Unless you're a Trump supporter, in which case you should move to Cleveland Clinic.
I've actually got a fully functioning brain, capable of my own thought and lacking sheep mentality. So I'm neither a Democrat nor Republican.

Ct_L33T

I've actually got a fully functioning brain, capable of my own thought and lacking sheep mentality. So I'm neither a Democrat nor Republican.
It was a joke.
Identify as whatever or nothing at all. All that matters is our voice here, nobody cares about party affiliation.

Last edited:

Mr. Cornute

Prince of Saiyan...stuff.

Been a bit since posting but I completely agree and would like to expand on this.

Said this in 2016 and will repeat it till liberals get it through their heads. Voting isnt a popularity contest, the person who wins the executive has far reach in foreign policy and with a legislature at his back many domestic policies in their favor as well. You do not vote for the president you "like", you vote for the most viable of the two options that align with your foreign & domestic policies.

In the United States, until more of our eligible populace willingly votes (not accounting for voter suppression), we have two viable parties and in turn when it comes time to pick a president, governor, mayor or any executive you will have to stomach the reality that it will be a Democrat or Republican. Are there exemptions to that rule? No, and quit feeding into the bullshit that there is, not viable enough to sway an election in your favor if you choose to vote third party in a national election. Voting third party in local elections can be viable due to the of amount people that choose to participate in local elections and the coalitions are easier to build in them.
Those qualities turn into liabilities when factoring a national election for the executive branch and most statewide elections for governors & some city elections for mayors.

Voting third party in a national election is the equivalent of giving a vote for the person you definitely do not want to win because the other candidate didnt "inspire" you enough.
One candidate will sign legislation that will get you 30% or more of what you ***want, the other candidate will sign 70% legislation that will either add to things you do not want or to take away those you do.
***Want as in policies, taxes education law enforcement reform prison reform firearms control medication costs and healthcare infrastructure foreign policy abortion etc.***

You elect a president that compliments the legislature you're willing to put in place with them. If a populace elects an executive and has a legislative branch willing to push their policies through , you as a citizen win. You elect a president and give them a split or opposition legislature you get compromises (if the legislature is functional).

Now, no matter whether the legislature is split or not we as a populace should still want for them to complete their oversight duties into the executive branch and government agencies and if wrongdoing has occured hand out the requisite punishments as designed by the law.

Further, it's the legislature's job to fix laws that are inadequate if it is shown current laws are too vague when it comes to ethical guidelines for government officials, including those working with in and head of executive branch.

And then of course complaints about judges and penalties could also be remedied if people paid attention and voted more because the executive nominates those judges and the legislature vets them before placement.

As he said, you have two options Trump or a Democrat because any vote other than for the Dem that gets the nomination is a vote that gets Trump re-elected.

All it took was 1% of the vote, those third party write in voters (not worrying about those who stayed home though that needs too change) in MI / PA / and WI is what handed Trump those respective states and in turn the electionion in 2016. Less than 80,000 votes or so among those states is what gave Trump the election. Those third party I dont want to vote for that Dem.

Let's hope in 2020 those that arent voting for Trump learned a lesson and vote Dem. Then after! a Dem is in office keep pushing the party where the Dem populace wants Dems to be.

(At this point if you're still identifying as Republican politically, I assume you're voting for Trump.)
[DOUBLEPOST=1581621368,1581619505][/DOUBLEPOST]

Hey Kev been a while (Hope you and the fam are well),

I'd like to respond to this.

When someone identifies as a sports team fan it can be all encapsulating, but when most people say they're a fan they mean for the moment in that realm.
That fan may or may not wear regalia of the team may or may not go to games but in season this is the team they root for, their may even be a team they root against, and that's their team. It doesnt inherently mean that the fan likes every player, they may even want for a player to be traded or wish certain players weren't on the team at all may hate the head coach etc but during the season they are willing to say they are for team x.

But the person doesnt lose their autonomy because they identify as a fan of said team, neither would they or do they if their stance is I'm a casual sports fan but this is the closest I can come to saying I will "root" for a team.

If a person identifies as a Democrat or Republican (today's climate makes it tad different as noted in my response above), it doesnt inherently mean that they support everything one party or another supports it just means come election season this particular team is the closest one can come to "rooting" for and will get their vote.

Doesnt mean they like the head coach (executive) the qb (leading legislative head) the star receiver (famous congress folk) or even like how they run all of their plays (legislative agenda) but it's the closest team to get them to the big game, and in this instance there are only two teams. Drafts / elections happen and you make the best of the selections you can, you dont always get a five star recruit but sometimes that two stat can turn into something, but their on the team.

That said, saying you tend vote Dem or Rep doesnt make one lose their autonomy it's how they expand their views in light of saying so is what I would quantify as making them sheep (if all you do is rubber stamp and my side is the only way).

Go Buckeyes (Fuck, if guilty hope those two are thrown under the jail)!!!
Go LeLakers (if LeBron is on the team I am a fan)!!!
Meh Cowboys (I really hope they get their shit together, the Browns may be a good team before that happens)

Ct_L33T

@Mr. Cornute I stated this very similar take back in 2016 when it was Trump vs Hillary.

I've made it clear that I think Trump is an absolutely terrible person to have as president; from the racist dogwhistling, publicly labeling dissenting politicians/people as "scum/enemies of the people," etc etc.

In my opinion, anyone who isn't voting
for the most strongly positioned opponent to Trump simply does not believe he is as bad as I say he is.

To use food choice as an analogy; my favorite candy since childhood is Skittles, but I fucking hate black licorice and it gives me mouth ulcers. My school is voting to decide which candy will be exclusively sold in the schools vending machines for the next 4 years: starbursts, Skittles, and black licorice. Preliminary voting polls state that Black licorice and Starbursts are both trending at 43%, with Skittles at 14%. I really want Skittles to win; starbursts are ok I guess, but Ill be damned if Im stuck with only black licorice, so I'm voting for starbursts.

Last edited:

Mr. Cornute

Prince of Saiyan...stuff.
@Mr. Cornute I stated this very similar take back in 2016 when it was Trump vs Hillary.

I've made it clear that I think Trump is an absolutely terrible person to have as president; from the racist dogwhistling, publicly labeling dissenting politicians/people as "scum/enemies of the people," etc etc.

In my opinion, anyone who isn't voting
for the most strongly positioned opponent to Trump simply does not believe he is as bad as I say he is.
Firmly agree,

I spent election night with a friend watching as it all came in, he was one of those write in voters, & I explained then that Trump isnt just another Republican.
During 2008, let it not be for McCain picking Palin I may have entertained voting for him, he was a Republican whom I disagreed with domestically (taxes/abortion) and somewhat foreign policy wise but overall I didnt believe he'd be a threat to the average citizens rights and well being. Mitt Romney, voted against him in 2012, I also disagreed with but believed he could still be a decent President and with elections vote him out if I felt different in 2016.

2016 Trump was different because he said he was different. He believes the president is king. He said as much as a candidate and kept saying as much while campaigning.
Vilifying Latinos and Mexicans, the blatant lies on the campaign trail calling for political opponents to be locked up and even more the coordination with a foreign government to assist his campaign (which Roger Stone wa convicted of lying to conceal) all should have been a fucking clue but yeah I was too alarmists.

Trump was and is an aspiring tyrant whom is just a few steps away from solidifying his grip, the past few days with Barr and the justice department prove as much. Someone said, wish I could remember the lawyers name, that if the president can persuade the attorney general to lighten the sentence of someone he likes he can push the attorney general to punish someone he doesnt.

Trump was different, he wasnt a regular Republican he wasnt a Republican at all he was an aspiring tyrant in 2016 and for that reason I voted for Hillary and would do so again without question. In 2020 I'm voting for the Dem candidate for the very same reason, except this time I have a better grasp on how dire the threat is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Rammstein's "Deutschland" is the best music video ever.
Ya'll are so lucky today, you don't know how good you have it. I was born in 1932, we were so dumb, we listened to tap dancers on the radio.
Bandcamp is bad for my wallet.
The trick to flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cmcgregor
Top Bottom