Coronavirus

Nebraska

Poindexter For President
Site Donor
NFL S.P. Champion
Tie it to a stimulus package maybe? Get a QR code as proof of vaccination and you get a $2000 cheque or something.
I feel like I’m talking to a being from another planet. So curious and optimistic. Bless your heart. We would do irreparable damage to your faith in humanity in less than a week.

The only idea these free thinkers hate as much as a government mandate is one that involves a government handout.

strife

I
Some do, but there are exemptions and constant challenges to those policies. Likewise, I dont know of any employer with such a policy as nobody requires their employees to get the flu shot.
Hospitals. Termination if you don't get one (worked in one 9 yrs). US is majority right to work
Post automatically merged:

I was thinking about the same.
When there is a vaccine, if there is supply and one is available to you and yours, be responsible and fucking take the vaccine. Nurses, Dr's, everyone important to caring for the ones most effected by it will be there and with confidence taking it. To not do so is just blowhard alt think drab. The processes these things go through ensure it's safety, the fucking thing is already majority researched before the pandemic anyways, it just needed minor alterations for what we're dealing with.

Anchorpunch

Site Donor
I feel like I’m talking to a being from another planet. So curious and optimistic. Bless your heart. We would do irreparable damage to your faith in humanity in less than a week.

The only idea these free thinkers hate as much as a government mandate is one that involves a government handout.
This is why Trump's example on corona is so dangerous. There's a peculiarly large group of people who would distrust the advocation from Government and/or large corporate players (e.g. Banks, NBA) but who trust his lead. If the asshole had just put on a mask, his track record on corona would immediately improve.

Nebraska

Poindexter For President
Site Donor
NFL S.P. Champion
This is why Trump's example on corona is so dangerous. There's a peculiarly large group of people who would distrust the advocation from Government and/or large corporate players (e.g. Banks, NBA) but who trust his lead. If the asshole had just put on a mask, his track record on corona would immediately improve.
Had he put on a damn mask and consistently implored everyone to do the same he would have been re-elected easily. But had he done those things he would not be who he is in the first place, so in some ways this was inevitable.

Kano

My New Challenge
Site Donor
Hospitals. Termination if you don't get one (worked in one 9 yrs). US is majority right to work

When there is a vaccine, if there is supply and one is available to you and yours, be responsible and fucking take the vaccine. Nurses, Dr's, everyone important to caring for the ones most effected by it will be there and with confidence taking it. To not do so is just blowhard alt think drab. The processes these things go through ensure it's safety, the fucking thing is already majority researched before the pandemic anyways, it just needed minor alterations for what we're dealing with.
It's not alt thinking. It's more lack of knowledge. You have provided me with some insight to consider.

Thank you

Ct_L33T

Is it researched? Sure, but until I have read the journals from the phase 3 clinical trials I can't make that claim of approval and it still would neglect long term effects. Its not as simple as "tweaking" a previous vaccine as previous vaccines have had widely varying levels of success and consequences (invivo).

Last edited:

ATJ-Lucko

Champ-Champ
MMA Pick 'Ems World Champion
Survival Pool Champion
We’re too far gone at this point. People will violate stay-at-home orders and spit on mask mandates and social distancing guidelines for the sake of a social life. The vaccines are the next battle, which of course will be interesting because it will likely be paired with a government mandate to be vaccinated, and we all know how these “freedom advocates” feel about being told what to do.
that is the next battle people will refuse to get vaccinated, even here in Canada there is a sizable anti-vaxer movement. An article by the CBC posed the question who should get the vaccine first, that to me is not gonna be the issue, the issue with be the people who straight up refuse to get it. I am on facebook discussion groups in my local area and 90% of the people say they will not get the vaccine and their children will not get it. Now that might change over tie once people see the vaccine is not harmful but it is still alarming.

My idea is a vaccine card that allows you to go the movies, concerts and all the things we did before covid. You don't have the card you under restrictions.

Ct_L33T

that is the next battle people will refuse to get vaccinated, even here in Canada there is a sizable anti-vaxer movement. An article by the CBC posed the question who should get the vaccine first, that to me is not gonna be the issue, the issue with be the people who straight up refuse to get it. I am on facebook discussion groups in my local area and 90% of the people say they will not get the vaccine and their children will not get it. Now that might change over tie once people see the vaccine is not harmful but it is still alarming.

My idea is a vaccine card that allows you to go the movies, concerts and all the things we did before covid. You don't have the card you under restrictions.
That would never work in America. Anti discrimination laws would determine that policy under to be an unreasonable intrusion upon personal health information. Same reason why stores can't enforce mask mandates one people say that they have health issues or how people need to have their "licensed" emotional support animals in stores.

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
Boy. Listen to the fascism.

All this unnecessary suffering because this nation has so many dumb fucking cunts that just think in day-to-day terms. Cutting your nose to spite all our faces.

Miz

mortality, ka, and the Tower
I should be immune for a bit, right? I go back to work on Monday. I’ve been a stay at home dad for the last two and a half years. I’m excited. Covid really made me want to go back to work. The two year old and me used to do all kinds of shit and then that stopped and the wife was working from home. It’s time for me to go back to my career and for the little guy to go be around kids.
My city has a mask mandate. Has for a while now. The county just implemented one. I actually don’t mind wearing a mask. Like i said earlier it allows me to talk to myself without looking like a weirdo.

Anchorpunch

Site Donor
I should be immune for a bit, right? I go back to work on Monday. I’ve been a stay at home dad for the last two and a half years. I’m excited. Covid really made me want to go back to work. The two year old and me used to do all kinds of shit and then that stopped and the wife was working from home. It’s time for me to go back to my career and for the little guy to go be around kids.
My city has a mask mandate. Has for a while now. The county just implemented one. I actually don’t mind wearing a mask. Like i said earlier it allows me to talk to myself without looking like a weirdo.
You're not necessarily immune. So keep being careful!!

Reactions: Miz

Dimson

Your tears don't fall...

You should definitely donate blood and plasma.

Clark Kent

I’m all for vaccines but I’m Not jumping on the bandwagon of the COVID vaccine yet. Like I said I’ll get it, just not right away.

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
I’m all for vaccines but I’m Not jumping on the bandwagon of the COVID vaccine yet. Like I said I’ll get it, just not right away.
I'm likely in the same boat because I do have the ability to work from home, so does my wife, and there's no real reason for either of us to enter back into public gatherings. I'd rather the vaccines go to front line workers and the most vulnerable first. I'll continue to keep my ass home.

Ct_L33T

I'm likely in the same boat because I do have the ability to work from home, so does my wife, and there's no real reason for either of us to enter back into public gatherings. I'd rather the vaccines go to front line workers and the most vulnerable first. I'll continue to keep my ass home.
Three counterintuitive thing about vaccines is that they are most efficacious when the least vulnerable in a population have the highest participation rate. That's how herd immunity works.

Miz

I’m not one to go out much. I mean I’m a nondrinking 40 year old man. That said I like going to local music concerts and look forward to that again someday.

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
Three counterintuitive thing about vaccines is that they are most efficacious when the least vulnerable in a population have the highest participation rate. That's how herd immunity works.
I don't know I qualify as "least vulnerable" unfortunately. I'm not skeptical about the efficacy so much as the supply and distribution. The flu vaccine put me on my ass for a week, maybe the newer medicine I'm on will help usher a softer landing for a Covid vaccine but again, I'm fine in quarantine.

Ct_L33T

Noise

Ruido
Sorry if you've already shared or touched on this, but what are your thoughts on the question of the vaccine being made available to those in that 20-40 year old range ahead of the older folks?

Someone was making a case for that a while back (not here, forgot where – the internet) – can't say I agreed with it, even after hearing it out, but. The strategic approach from a scientific efficacy standpoint was fascinating/interesting food for thought. I guess the general idea being that the virus is eradicated quicker by introducing it to the more spread-prone populace vs. most vulnerable? I'm missing a big chunk of the actual basis and everything – I wish I could remember, but it was a pretty interesting dialogue.

Ct_L33T

Sorry if you've already shared or touched on this, but what are your thoughts on the question of the vaccine being made available to those in that 20-40 year old range ahead of the older folks?

Someone was making a case for that a while back (not here, forgot where – the internet) – can't say I agreed with it, even after hearing it out, but. The strategic approach from a scientific efficacy standpoint was fascinating/interesting food for thought. I guess the general idea being that the virus is eradicated quicker by introducing it to the more spread-prone populace vs. most vulnerable? I'm missing a big chunk of the actual basis and everything – I wish I could remember, but it was a pretty interesting dialogue.
In general, older people (and very young) are more likely to have compromised immune systems.
Conversely, people in the 18-40 age range are the most socially active/engaging and are therefore most likely to contract from & communicate an infectious disease to somebody else. By removing as many infection drivers from the population as possible, that therefore decreases the potential for an immunocompromised person to interact with the disease.

Nebraska

Poindexter For President
Site Donor
NFL S.P. Champion
Are you just spamming the forum now?

Not only is this from almost two months ago, but you already posted it on Monday. In two separate threads. One of which was this one.

Miz

The best part of this is not having to get ready for church (I like the actually being there, just not the prep). I don’t have to feel guilty for not going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

My heart is made out of gold
I'm feeling unstoppable
Nothing can stand in my waaaaAAAaaaayyy
Miz
Two weeks down of my new job. Glad it’s Friday. Hope all you guys are well.
Life a fucking bitch but this bitch ain't divorcin' me
This 240hz monitor is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billy21717
Top Bottom