Coronavirus (2 Viewers)

Dimson

Your tears don't fall...
He’s been very transparent in his affinity for Trump. He just wants the ability to praise the good so he can stick it to his Democrat friends without fear of backlash because he has a plausible deniability card in his back pocket (re: “hey, don’t blame me, I didn’t vote for the guy”).
Post automatically merged:

He literally just said Trump did a good job. Here can't make up his mind.
Post automatically merged:

You’re a troll.
I am sorry that if I don't agree with you and suck at the teet of the DNC that I am a troll.

Nebraska

Poindexter For President
Site Donor
NFL S.P. Champion
He literally just said Trump did a good job. Here can't make up his mind.
He responded to a line of rhetorical questions that travel bans for China, Europe, and the UK as well as the specific 15 and 45-day restrictions merely “saved lives.”

This is obviously true to a degree, but because, again, you are an outrageously dense asshole this doesn’t cover the failures in regards to testing, misinformation about treatment, mob boss tactics on individual states who had PPE shortages, and the lockdown restrictions. You’re basically trying to flex for Trump because he managed to shit his pants without pissing himself.

Dimson

Your tears don't fall...
He responded to a line of rhetorical questions that travel bans for China, Europe, and the UK as well as the specific 15 and 45-day restrictions merely “saved lives.”

This is obviously true to a degree, but because, again, you are an outrageously dense asshole this doesn’t cover the failures in regards to testing, misinformation about treatment, mob boss tactics on individual states who had PPE shortages, and the lockdown restrictions. You’re basically trying to flex for Trump because he managed to shit his pants without pissing himself.
I am not flexing for Trump. You guys just shit on Trump any chance you get. Even when someone gives him credit. So I post something positive about Trump and you predictably try to shit on it. It is par for the course.

Poindexter

Staff member
I am not flexing for Trump. You guys just shit on Trump any chance you get. Even when someone gives him credit. So I post something positive about Trump and you predictably try to shit on it. It is par for the course.
You are pretending to forget how things actually transpired, Trump's behavior and tweets, and his actively working against suggested guidelines. Yes, Fauci said that Trump "approved" certain steps while also undermining them, presenting disinformation, denying the significance of the virus, making up his own medical expertise, promoting quackery, barring Fauci from television appearances, using FOX News to discredit him, etc. Are you truly this fucking dumb?

Dimson

Your tears don't fall...
You are pretending to forget how things actually transpired, Trump's behavior and tweets, and his actively working against suggested guidelines. Yes, Fauci said that Trump "approved" certain steps while also undermining them, presenting disinformation, denying the significance of the virus, making up his own medical expertise, promoting quackery, barring Fauci from television appearances, using FOX News to discredit him, etc. Are you truly this fucking dumb?
I miss the days when you weren't such an ass hole.

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor

I think it's debatable that the travel ban did anything since the virus was already here. Any lives saved incidentally were IMMEDIATELY JEOPARDIZED by the lack of a national policy that was intentionally mandated to cause political damage to Democratic governors.

Dimson

Your tears don't fall...
Dim. I do shit on Trump every chance I get. He's icky.

But it's nothing to do with you.

Vote your conscious.

If Biden doesn't win it's on him.
He is certainly running against a vulnerable incumbent.

Me personally will try to do everything I can to secure a Biden win.
Will do man. Thanks for the support. I support your decision to vote with your conscience as well.

Goremire

Site Donor
I think it's debatable that the travel ban did anything since the virus was already here. Any lives saved incidentally were IMMEDIATELY JEOPARDIZED by the lack of a national policy that was intentionally mandated to cause political damage to Democratic governors.
Yep. Once it's within your borders travel bans still need to occur but you have bigger problems.

In future I think the standard playbook will operate like this:

1. Seal your borders, both internal and external. Implement mandatory 14 day quarantine for all new arrivals. Limit internal travel without good reason. Security and monitoring of this process should be handled by military personnel. Looking at YOU Melbourne where I live: the security at the quarantine hotels were fucking nightclub-bouncer level; they had multiple breaches and we've gone from Stage 2-almost-back-to-Stage 1 to staring down the barrel of Stage 4 lockdown for 8 weeks.

2. Implement Lockdown - Go Hard Go Early. Community transmission cases are like bedbugs, if you have one you have many. Forcing the population to isolate and practise social distancing limits the spread in the community and buys you time to stock up on PPE, testing kits, prepare/reprioritise your hospital staff. I'd also go mandatory masks for the general population. Use every method at your disposal - if your house was on fire you wouldn't tell the firefighters to only use CO2 extinguishers and not hoses because "you're worried about water damage"! Put the fucking fire out, worry about the collateral damage later.

3. Logistics. This is a war, and an army travels on its stomach and floats on a sea of gasoline. In Rona terms, that's PPE, test kits and ventilators. The soldiers at the sharp end are your testers and testing centres, lab techs processing the tests, contact tracers, front line medical staff and essential services workers. They need to be trained, supported and equipped effectively to fight.

4. Coordinate. None of this works if you do not have a coordinated approach across your nation.

5. Communicate. Daily briefings to your people at the highest political level, also at State level if applicable. Push your comms out across TV, Internet ads, social media everything. One thing I'd like to see more of is dedicated counter-disinformation from government. There is a lot of bullshit/quackery out there and it will erode the effectiveness of what you're trying to achieve if left unchecked.

5. Support. Lockdowns cost jobs, and people will be out of work. Pay them enough money to at least get by. There will be people who may be better off under this system than they would be if they are working. GET OVER IT. That's a conversation for another time about the minimum wage and why emergency relief payments for NOT working are a better deal than actually working.

If you Go Hard Go Early you can functionally extinguish the virus and reopen. If you fuck around and half-arse it, or aren't rigorous enough in your control you go into Lockdown AGAIN requiring more benefit payments and more unemployment. IT WILL COST YOU MORE. DO IT PROPERLY. IT SUCKS I GET IT. THE ALTERNATIVE IS WORSE.

6. Stick to your guns. In NZ they are lead by a Centre-Left coalition. They are lucky that the Opposition (centre right-right) chose the lockdown period to essentially self destruct amid a series of scandals and leadership spills.This gave them pretty much a free run to the endzone to do it the way the top scientists wanted it done, and they have reaped the benefits.

In Melbourne we are not so lucky: the Murdoch owend press has been relentlessly sawing away at the Labour State governments response: some of the critcism is absolutely warranted, a lot of it isn't. You win a war by presenting a united front and sticking together not by infighting.

7. LISTEN TO THE SCIENCE. Epidemiologists, infections disease experts and Pandemic planners have been gaming scenarios for viruses WORSE than Rona for DECADES. Fucking take their advice for fucks sake! Beating a pandemic takes a specific playbook, one that is politically agnostic. Both Australia and New Zealand have done (on the whole) pretty good jobs of containing the virus and they couldn't have more OPPOSITE ruling parties. Jacinda Arden is basically the Head Mum of New Zealand and is the darling of the left, Scott Morrison in Australia is hard-right masquerading as centre-right and is a full on bible beating, 7th Day Adventist happy-clapper. The only thing in common politically is they let the people who know their godamn shit take the lead and make the calls.

8. Test test test and test again. Then contact trace. This is your best weapon at zeroing in on hotspots and containing them.

Anyway rant over. Sorry for the word-vomit it's just that if we go Stage 4 Lockdown where I live there's an excellent chance I will be out of work and I'm worried about providing for my family. The gut-punch is we had it fucking CONTAINED with 0-20 new daily cases from late April to mid June. Its on a hockey stick upward trend now and we regularly have 600+ per day. It doesn't take much to undo all of the hard work and pain- we're talking literally a few hundred people doing the wrong thing and now we're balls deep in Australia's worst outbreak.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 0)

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

"I have a message for you. And you're not going to like it."
Battalion Fourteen raise your hands. You are code named Operation Get Behind The Darkies! And try not to get killed for God's sake!
Battalion Five raise your hands. You are the all important first attack wave, code named: Operation Human Shield!
An owner who hits a male or female slave in the eye and destroys it must let the slave go free to compensate for the eye.
Is this thing on?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmithCracks

Coming up

Top Bottom