Coronavirus (1 Viewer)

Anchorpunch

Site Donor
As a prosecuting attorney in Manhattan's Night Court, I find this very problematic from a First Amendment perspective.

Poindexter

Staff member
Survival Pool Champion
A former Trump administration appointee privately boasted last year about influencing Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's scientific reports about Covid-19 and attacked the agency's guidance while advocating for a herd immunity strategy, according to a House select committee investigating the federal government's Covid-19 response.

Last year, former Health and Human Services senior adviser Paul Alexander wrote an email describing two examples of the CDC adjusting its writing based on his input, including cutting out a reference to potential virus outbreaks in schools, according to new documents obtained by the House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis.

"Small victory but a victory nonetheless and yippee!!!" Alexander wrote in a September 9, 2020, email.

In a letter dated Friday to Alexander, the select committee chair Rep. James Clyburn wrote that "this investigation has also revealed that you played a role in the Trump Administration's efforts to suppress scientific information you felt could be "use[d] against the president" and advocated for policies that would allow the virus to spread widely among many Americans, asserting "we want them infected."

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
Day 2 of 2nd shot, almost 24 hours in, splitting headache, general aches and pains. Gonna hydrate and flush at some point today. Assuming this will be the worst of it.

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
It was not the worst of it. Aches and pains got worse, neck and arm swelling, and all day eye pain. It's been like having body aches and cramps as if you had the flu with none of the other flu symptoms. No sore throat, no congestion, no fever, but lots of fatigue. I'll be hydrating and flushing tomorrow and hoping another day of rest is the end of it.

Not the worst experience by any stretch. I'll take this over being sick sick. The 1st shot was oddly much worse on my stomach. The 2nd has been harder on my joints and muscles.

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
Much better today, flushing now and let me tell you..

The smells coming out of my bathroom are like an alien autopsy. It's not derivative of any food I've ever experienced. I don't even have an approximation, maybe boiling plastics in mercury mixed with a dead yak stuffed with pinecones.

Maybe. Something like that.

MBC

4 days after I got the first shot, I was working out then I went into the gym to play hoops. I’m there playing then all of a sudden I started to get blurry vision. I told my friend I had to jet and go home and wasn’t feeling great. Sat on the couch. Got a call from a friend who started talking about another friend of ours, I had no idea who he was talking about. Total brain fog. Took a nap, woke up and I was fine. I was then tired for 2 days after. Totally dragging. Second shot I never had a problem with at all. Nothing.
Post automatically merged:

The smells coming out of my bathroom are like an alien autopsy. It's not derivative of any food I've ever experienced. I don't even have an approximation, maybe boiling plastics in mercury mixed with a dead yak stuffed with pinecones.

You have to pitch that candle to yankee

GingerPowerBottom

mortality, ka, and the Tower
4 days after I got the first shot, I was working out then I went into the gym to play hoops. I’m there playing then all of a sudden I started to get blurry vision. I told my friend I had to jet and go home and wasn’t feeling great. Sat on the couch. Got a call from a friend who started talking about another friend of ours, I had no idea who he was talking about. Total brain fog. Took a nap, woke up and I was fine. I was then tired for 2 days after. Totally dragging. Second shot I never had a problem with at all. Nothing.
Post automatically merged:

You have to pitch that candle to yankee
You have friend(s)?

Bran

Don't you feel like desperadoes under the eaves?

Well, the good news is that these might be yearly now!

Bran

I'm hearing the J&J is getting recalled for now. NPR said it was potentially linked to about 6 cases of blood clots. If you've had it for over 3 weeks, you're probably in the clear, but if it's less, you should just pay attention I guess.

Bran

I've heard the same about J&J. Really sucks because that is a lot of ammo for the anti vax crowd. At least half the people I talk to around here are refusing to get vaccinated.
Not just fuel for those guys, but a lot of people have been waiting for the J&J one specifically because it’s one and done

Ct_L33T

I've heard the same about J&J. Really sucks because that is a lot of ammo for the anti-vax crowd. At least half the people I talk to around here are refusing to get vaccinated.
Covid 19 has been proposed as an inflammatory vascular disease in some studies. In addition to causing blood clots, this has been reflected in an increased incidence of stroke. My question is, which specific immune response results in these blood clots, and are there any physiological conditions that influence that outcome?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

UFC Vegas 26: Rodriguez vs. Waterson

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

The trick to flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
spring for the real Parmesan-Reggiano- desecrating a five-hour ragu with stuff from the green can would not only be disastrously counter-productive and sad, but borderline immoral.
So getting snipped today. Gonna sit in the basement game and enjoy bags of frozen peas
Stand aside to better men, or blaze a trail and become one.
The mind-killer fears reality

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PaulieGMMA
Top Bottom