Coronavirus

Ct_L33T

The issue with this project is that it is using the incidence of confirmed cases vs total population, instead of tracking the moving averages of the percentage of total test positives in tests administered. Without an understanding of the rate of testing in each community and the percentages of positives in those tests, then this project isn't very useful. The incidence rate will always lag behind due to bottlenecks in testing responses and testing behaviors within each institution/community.

County-level hospitalization rates would also be an illuminating statistic if one wanted to track the short-term impact of school openings, but even still only a small part of the overall picture.

Last edited:

Ct_L33T

I'm happy that they are seemingly using caution in this phase 1 trial, because the last thing we need is a vaccine that causes harm, further eroding the public trust in vaccines.

SickNasty

Now that's a tasty burger.
I'm happy that they are seemingly using caution in this phase 1 trial, because the last thing we need is a vaccine that causes harm, further eroding the public trust in vaccines.
You mean there are people who don't trust vaccines?

Say it isn't so.

I-is-traahDIN

A terrible human being

People with blood type O may have lower risk of Covid-19 infection and severe illness, two new studies suggest

People with blood type O may be less vulnerable to Covid-19 and have a reduced likelihood of getting severely ill, according to two studies published Wednesday. Experts say more research is needed.
The research provides further evidence that blood type (also known as blood group) may play a role in a person's susceptibility to infection and their chance of having a severe bout of the disease. The reasons for this link aren't clear and more research is needed to say what implications, if any, it has for patients.
Studies add to growing evidence
A Danish study found that among 7,422 people who tested positive for Covid-19, only 38.4% were blood type O -- even though, among a group of 2.2 million people who were not tested, that blood type made up 41.7% of the population.
By contrast, 44.4% of group A tested positive, while in the wider Danish population that blood type makes up 42.4%.
In the other study, researchers in Canada found that among 95 patients critically ill with Covid-19, a higher proportion with blood type A or AB -- 84% -- required mechanical ventilation compared with patients with blood group O or B, which was 61%.
The Canadian study also found those with blood type A or AB had a longer stay in the intensive care unit, a median of 13.5 days, compared with those with blood group O or B, who had a median of nine days.

Reactions: Miz

I-is-traahDIN

A terrible human being
the A and the AB are the risky ones

O+ and O-, B+ and B- are the better ones

and it may be surprising, but my blood type is B negative

how fitting

Mr. Cornute

Prince of Saiyan...stuff.
I love those guys.
Post automatically merged:

Just out of curiosity, how careful are you guys with your closest friends and family (that don't live with you) at this point in time?

Be honest.
Very limited interaction, take daughter to gymnastics on Saturday but otherwise do not leave the house other than groceries.

Ive taken the wife out to dinner once this year, felt anxious as shit and didnt feel right. Fortunately, we were the only patrons there till we left. Brother has a wedding the weekend following the election & to be completely blunt , I am scared shitless. Ive told him the whole year how absolutely dangerous this is & thise concerns just get brushed off, nothing we can do have to love etc etc...

Becasue somehow its his/her special day & that cloaking of love will somehow protect us "the gist of what the conversations devolve into...my direct family & other friends associates that are still holding large gatherings and events.
This virus doesnt care about special days, it feeds off them though. I worry with the spike here in Ohio our family could be next.

So, this pisses me off because I can either be an asshole and drive a wedge in between my family and I and basically alienate myself more because this is dangerous as fuck OR bite my tongue and put on a smile and be there for my brother, which I infinitely want because its my little brother, and HOPE we do not have one person who contracts COVID between now and the 1st week of Nov (120 people... 120 fucking people).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Somedays all of the beautiful things in my life break my heart.
I'll sleep when I wake up.
LebenTysonTank wrote on Miz's profile.
Any idea how I can upload an mp4 video? I recently knocked out this 250 pound face tattooed mexican gangbanger in front of my house,and one of the neighbors recorded it.
"I have a message for you. And you're not going to like it."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmithCracks
Top Bottom