Coronavirus

Kevo

SMOKE BOMB!
I feel fine today. Was a little tired yesterday and like I was going to get a little sick but it never came on. I got Pfizer too.
I wonder if there is any correlation between how your body reacts to the vaccine, to how your body would have reacted had you got covid. Probably no real correlation, I was just thinking about it the other day.

Bran

Don't you feel like desperadoes under the eaves?
I wonder if there is any correlation between how your body reacts to the vaccine, to how your body would have reacted had you got covid. Probably no real correlation, I was just thinking about it the other day.
I was wondering the same. One co-worker had Covid last year with zero symptoms and recently got the vaccine with zero symptoms.

Personally, I just had a sore arm

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
I read that your blood type plays a lot into how you do with COVID with a lot of people with type O blood being asymptomatic or with mild symptoms. I'm type O which is why that particular piece of information interested me. I was so scared to get it, both for the life, death or illness aspect, but also the prospect of closing my business and quarantining for 2 weeks.

Ct_L33T

The vaccine is designed to induce an immune response in your body, albeit a weaker response than it would be had you contracted the virus, but a response none the less. That's why the second dose has more reports of adverse side effects.

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
I wanted the Johnson and Johnson one, where it's just one dose.

My neighbor scared the shit out of me right before I left to get my shot. He said the second dose for him wasn't shit but the first dose sent him into A-Fib. He said he has medicine used to fight A-Fib but that the first dose set him off. I have palpitations that to this point have been benign, cleared by 3 different cardiologists but that's definitely not something I want to hear right before I go.

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
I read that your blood type plays a lot into how you do with COVID with a lot of people with type O blood being asymptomatic or with mild symptoms. I'm type O which is why that particular piece of information interested me. I was so scared to get it, both for the life, death or illness aspect, but also the prospect of closing my business and quarantining for 2 weeks.
I'm O-Positive but my situation is such that any vaccine I take destroys my stomach. The Covid one was no different but the Flu shot is actually worse. The first Covid shot affected my stomach for about 48 hours where the Flu shot is double that. The trade off is I haven't been sick sick in about 2 and a half years. And I've not thrown up in over a decade.

Kevo

SMOKE BOMB!
I will never forget how incredibly unprepared our government was to handle the pandemic.

Neganomics

Your Trusted Web M.Deezy
@Neganomics how are you doing buddy?
I had a sore arm for a day or two after the vaccine but that was about it. I had covid in April 2020 and had a very mild illness too. Just a wimpy cough and a tickle in my throat for 2-3 days.

In my experience it seems like people who have had more severe illness with covid have had more severe side effects from the vaccines. Particularly if they have gotten the vaccine within 90 days of having covid. It also seems like younger, healthier people tend to have worse side effects than older people. Most likely because of stronger baseline immune system responses.

My overall experience with covid has been a nightmare though. Our hospital was right on the verge of being forced to make some hard decisions with patients during the second spike from November through January or so. In addition to taking care of our own covid patients, I and the other residents in the hospital respond to all in-house rapid responses and code blues, and we had up to 89 people admitted at a time due to covid in a somewhat small community hospital for a while there. You can only see so many people die suffering alone before you really start to wonder how you are even going to go in to work the next day. You just have to kind of put your head down and barrel through it, and find a way to cope. But I suspect after this is done a lot of us are going to have a lot of things to unpack, probably with a therapist honestly.

So I’ll take my sore arm. Super thankful that these companies put together effective vaccines so quickly to get us out of this shit.

Kevo

SMOKE BOMB!
I had a sore arm for a day or two after the vaccine but that was about it. I had covid in April 2020 and had a very mild illness too. Just a wimpy cough and a tickle in my throat for 2-3 days.

In my experience it seems like people who have had more severe illness with covid have had more severe side effects from the vaccines. Particularly if they have gotten the vaccine within 90 days of having covid. It also seems like younger, healthier people tend to have worse side effects than older people. Most likely because of stronger baseline immune system responses.

My overall experience with covid has been a nightmare though. Our hospital was right on the verge of being forced to make some hard decisions with patients during the second spike from November through January or so. In addition to taking care of our own covid patients, I and the other residents in the hospital respond to all in-house rapid responses and code blues, and we had up to 89 people admitted at a time due to covid in a somewhat small community hospital for a while there. You can only see so many people die suffering alone before you really start to wonder how you are even going to go in to work the next day. You just have to kind of put your head down and barrel through it, and find a way to cope. But I suspect after this is done a lot of us are going to have a lot of things to unpack, probably with a therapist honestly.

So I’ll take my sore arm. Super thankful that these companies put together effective vaccines so quickly to get us out of this shit.
Damn dude, that's tough. Glad you're still around. Sounds like you could use a vacation this summer.

Spoon

There is no Spoon
MMA Pick 'Ems World Champion
Survival Pool Champion
I live with my parents and my cousin. My cousin's friend came up for work with a group of co-workers this past week, and she (cousin) met up with him for dinner one night. He found out yesterday that the owner and HR of his company knowingly sent 4 people with the group, who are positive for covid. All carpooling together, with no masks on, all sharing multiple 4 room suites. Cousin is getting tested tonight, and her friend is waiting to get the results back.

If I get it from this level of stupidity, I'm going to murder someone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest profile posts

Stand aside to better men, or blaze a trail and become one.
The mind-killer fears reality
Mind-killer is the mind-killer
Reality is the mind-killer.
You know you're old when you are hyped that you got a breadmaker for your birthday. Thing is it makes cakes and jams too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rayphatty
Top Bottom