Coronavirus (4 Viewers)

Goremire

Site Donor
Citation?

Once someone in gov't comes out as a fanaticesque left or right you have to take what they say with a massive grain of salt.

The current administration has shown to be very shitty regarding anyone who doesn't claim 45 as the Messiah or at least puts christians and conservatives above America as a whole regarding basic human dignity. For those reasons, you have to question everything and try as best as you can to read source material regarding reports and all that.

It's beyond tiring and it has grown the apathy and nihilism within me to an extent I didn't know possible, at least for me.
Hey mate the story I read is here: https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-...coronavirus-hits-200-000-20200923-p55y7x.html

Relevant quote is here:
The real number of dead from the crisis could be significantly higher: As many as 215,000 more people than usual died in the US from all causes during the first seven months of 2020, according to CDC figures. The death toll from COVID-19 during the same period was put at about 150,000 by Johns Hopkins.
So that's +65,000 deaths not directly attributed to Covid, and (my mistake, I thought it was to August) is actually Jan-July of 2020.

So it appears they've taken the total deaths from Jan-Jul in 2019 and compared them to Jan-Jul 2020 and determined the difference to be 'excess deaths', then deducted Johns Hopkins Covid death count during the same period to arrive at the 65,000 figure.

Excess deaths as a measure is a fairly blunt instrument from what I understand - also the Covid deaths keep getting reconciled as death certificates get examined. I felt confident is saying +50,000 as if anything that appears to understate the excess.

Poindexter

Staff member
Post automatically merged:

So that's +65,000 deaths not directly attributed to Covid, and (my mistake, I thought it was to August) is actually Jan-July of 2020.

So it appears they've taken the total deaths from Jan-Jul in 2019 and compared them to Jan-Jul 2020 and determined the difference to be 'excess deaths', then deducted Johns Hopkins Covid death count during the same period to arrive at the 65,000 figure.

Excess deaths as a measure is a fairly blunt instrument from what I understand - also the Covid deaths keep getting reconciled as death certificates get examined. I felt confident is saying +50,000 as if anything that appears to understate the excess.
Yeah, for damn sure the numbers are being under tallied officially and the federal government and some state governments are responsible for this deceit.

Poindexter

Staff member

Goremire

Site Donor
Good (albeit long) read about an outbreak in a meat packing plant in Postville, Iowa courtesy of WaPo. It goes into good detail (in layman's terms) about how small mutations in the virus genome provides a 'fingerprint' for tracking spread back to its source.

One of the most disturbing parts of the story is how the state government tried to prevent the release of Covid data to those who were actively seeking it - including the mayor of Postville.

Miz

mortality, ka, and the Tower
I’ve had to self-quarantine for the last two weeks. A guy I worked a soccer game with had it. We had masks on but were in close vicinity together. I guess I didn’t get it (I feel fine) or I didn’t have symptoms. Anyways, I guess I’m glad my immune system is tougher than a leather boot.

Anchorpunch

Site Donor
I’ve had to self-quarantine for the last two weeks. A guy I worked a soccer game with had it. We had masks on but were in close vicinity together. I guess I didn’t get it (I feel fine) or I didn’t have symptoms. Anyways, I guess I’m glad my immune system is tougher than a leather boot.
Try to get a test done anyway, my friend. There are scary potential long term issues that can arise and you should know if you need to look out for things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 0)

Latest profile posts

I'll sleep when I wake up.
LebenTysonTank wrote on Miz's profile.
Any idea how I can upload an mp4 video? I recently knocked out this 250 pound face tattooed mexican gangbanger in front of my house,and one of the neighbors recorded it.
"I have a message for you. And you're not going to like it."
Battalion Fourteen raise your hands. You are code named Operation Get Behind The Darkies! And try not to get killed for God's sake!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmithCracks
Top Bottom