Coronavirus

Goremire

Site Donor
Another near 4k died yesterday. This is not a double post.
I've posted previously using US combat casualties from D-day as a frame of reference for Covid loss of life. Unfortunately, at around 2,500 KIA it's too low to be relevant now.

The battle of Antietam occurred during the US Civil War. At 3,675 KIA combined from both Union and Confederate forces, it is the largest loss of US combat troops KIA in a single day in American history. By all accounts it was a fucking bloodbath. Worse than anything in WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, take your pick.

Covid killed more Americans than Antietam did on the 30th December, 5th of January, and 6th of January. 29 and 30 December were close.

I hope like hell that Biden has a plan and that the state governments get behind it because this is fucking madness.

Clark Kent

So it turns out hearing loss is also a thing. My right ear started ringing last night and now my hearing is muffled. Started today with a mild cough as well. I have been stuck in my bedroom for weeks. I cant seem to improve for some reason. This shit is just hanging on and it is driving me nuts.
I have had the ringing in my right ear with loss of hearing for the past few weeks. my dr diagnosed it as Ménière’s disease though.

I really hope you get better soon.

my wife just pointed out that when the ringing got really bad, I also had a sore throat, was extremely tired for about a week, a slight dry cough and a fever for 2 days.

Last edited:

Nebraska

Poindexter For President
Site Donor
NFL S.P. Champion
@Poindexter, please permanently ban @Dimson from ever posting again on this board. He’s an anti-vaxxer, a liar, a serial spreader of disinformation, and has not once even remotely attempted to offer any form of correction, nor has he deleted any of the bullshit that has been objectively debunked. He just moves along to the next bit of disinformation that fits his warped sense of reality. Enough is enough.

Let him go start his own website for this crap. You don’t owe his behavior a platform. You gave him enough rope.

kc56

@Poindexter, please permanently ban @Dimson from ever posting again on this board. He’s an anti-vaxxer, a liar, a serial spreader of disinformation, and has not once even remotely attempted to offer any form of correction, nor has he deleted any of the bullshit that has been objectively debunked. He just moves along to the next bit of disinformation that fits his warped sense of reality. Enough is enough.

Let him go start his own website for this crap. You don’t owe his behavior a platform. You gave him enough rope.
Gotta say, I agree.

Shit has gone on long enough.

There is a difference between having an opinion that you will back up and will discuss...

And whatever Dimson has been doing.

Hit and run posting proven false and inflammatory Info, never defending the trash he pedals, and only posting memes when he’s called on it... It’s like someone gave a ten year old his first keyboard and first beer.

We have +4,000 people dying in a day, and this stupid motherfucker is still trying to push his anti-masking bullshit.

I’m not sure if that’s the textbook definition of “Troll”, but it’s got to be pretty damn close.

Nebraska

Poindexter For President
Site Donor
NFL S.P. Champion
Would anyone else vote for simply blocking him from this thread?
I would not. I trust @Poindexter’s judgment, but I’ve said my piece. I believe it is far beyond the time to stop trying to ignore the bad people and instead teach them that their words and actions have consequences.

Allowing him to shitpost in the NFL thread isn’t a proper lesson.

Last edited:

Anchorpunch

Site Donor
I would not. I trust @Poindexter ’s judgment, but I’ve said my piece. I believe it is far beyond the time to stop trying to ignore the bad people and instead teach them that their words and actions have consequences.

Allowing him to shitpost in the NFL thread isn’t a proper lesson.
Didn't realize he shitposted there too. That's a bummer.

That said, he's been fine in the other threads I participate in. Not enough of a staple that I worry about his absence, but good enough that I would support a thread-specific ban. But that's just me. I'm not sure how to debate this beyond saying I disagree with you but always enjoy your presence.

Kevo

SMOKE BOMB!

That said, he's been fine in the other threads I participate in. Not enough of a staple that I worry about his absence, but good enough that I would support a thread-specific ban. But that's just me. I'm not sure how to debate this beyond saying I disagree with you but always enjoy your presence.
He shit posts like the rest of us do in the nfl thread, nothing egregious other than being a jaguars fan.

And for the record, I don't think he should be banned.

Miz

mortality, ka, and the Tower
I’m against a ban. Just my two cents. Kano doesn’t have any cents. I took it and I’ll take yours too AP.

Nebraska

Poindexter For President
Site Donor
NFL S.P. Champion

I’m fine with you disagreeing. I’d even be cool if he disagreed with me. I don’t want an echo chamber. But his behavior isn’t healthy debate; it’s toxic, arrogant, dishonest, and intentional.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

My heart is made out of gold
I'm feeling unstoppable
Nothing can stand in my waaaaAAAaaaayyy
Miz
Two weeks down of my new job. Glad it’s Friday. Hope all you guys are well.
Life a fucking bitch but this bitch ain't divorcin' me
This 240hz monitor is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
james101
Top Bottom