Conor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather fight set for August 26th in Las Vegas (1 Viewer)

How will you watch Mayweather vs Mcregor?

• I will order the PPV

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • I will go out and watch it at a bar/pub/theater

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • I will eat cookies

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • I will not watch this fight in any way

Votes: 7 18.9%

• Total voters

S=E

5x Pick 'Ems Winner
Site Donor
A breakdown of Mayweather vs. McGregor ticket sales revenue

The hottest ticket for “The Money Fight” was priced at $5,000.

That’s according to a breakdown of tickets sold for Floyd Mayweather’s 10th-round TKO win over UFC lightweight championConor McGregor, which revealed the third most expensive ticket was the best seller with 67 percent (3,183 of 4,737) of seats purchased.

Despite that rich price tag, those $5,000 seats, located at the top of the lower level seats at Las Vegas’ T-Mobile Arena, were deeply discounted close to fight night, sinking to $1,500 on the secondary market, according to ESPN.

Initially priced from $500 to $10,000, cheaper tickets were quickly snatched up and inflated on ticket websites like StubHub, though prices slowly decreased in the two months leading up to Mayweather (50-0 boxing) vs. McGregor (21-3 MMA, 9-1 UFC, 0-1 boxing) on Aug. 26. By fight week, the price was around $1,300.

The breakdown was released Monday to MMAjunkie by the Nevada State Athletic Commission, which regulated the spectacle boxing match.

The boxing event was well short of the $72.2 million live gate record set by Mayweather’s “Fight of the Century” against Manny Pacquiao in 2015. Yet it still generated a massive box office payout, with $55,414,865.79 in revenue on 13,231 tickets for an average of $4,188.26 per ticket.

The event’s pay-per-view buy rate, on the other hand, is “trending” to break the all-time record of 4.6 million set by Mayweather vs. Pacquiao.
Here’s the breakdown of ticket sales:

• $10,000: 2,942 available
    2,254 sold
    29 complimentary
  • $7,500: 1,814 available
    1,145 sold
    18 complimentary
  • $5,000: 4,737 available
    3,183 sold
    22 complimentary
  • $3,500: 3,233 available
    1,601 sold
    68 complimentary
  • $2,500: 2,735 available
    2,716 sold
    0 complimentary
  • $1,500: 1,809 available
    1,781 sold
    0 complimentary
  • $500: 428 available
    414 sold
    0 complimentary
Total tickets sold and complimentary: 13,231
[DOUBLEPOST=1505313019,1505312926][/DOUBLEPOST]

thumper

Staff member
for those saying floyd can't read....seems to do so just fine.

although he is a terrible actor

ATJ-Lucko

Champ-Champ
Report: Mayweather vs. McGregor did 4.4 million domestic PPV buys

It’s been a full month since the historic boxing showdown between Floyd Mayweather and UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor. We still don’t have an official buyrate for domestic (AKA US-based) pay-per-view buys, but in the aftermath of Mayweather’s 10th round TKO over McGregor, there was optimism that it would surpass the 4.6 million buys for Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao.

According to a report from BoxingScene, Mayweather vs. McGregor will come up just short of breaking the record, but it’s still a phenomenal number.

BoxingScene.com has learned that Mayweather-McGregor is expected to have generated approximately 4.4 million domestic pay-per-view buys and that an official announcement could be made as soon as this week.

That would mean that the highly publicized spectacle between boxing legend Floyd Mayweather Jr. and UFC superstar Conor McGregor, while wildly successful financially, didn’t break the pay-per-view record for combat sports. Mayweather’s maligned win against Manny Pacquiao still owns that distinction.

This news comes just a couple of weeks after Sky Sports announced that the mega-fight exceeded one million buys in the United Kingdom, quickly surpassing the previous mark held by April’s Anthony Joshua vs. Wladimir Klitschko.

Of course, much like Mayweather vs. Pacquiao, there were numerous issues for customers who wanted to purchase the pay-per-view. The main event start time for Mayweather vs. McGregor was delayed as a result of the technical hiccups, and both the UFC and Showtime issued full refunds to those who didn’t get what they paid for. Illegal streaming was also a popular option for fans who weren’t interested in the card’s $99.95 HD price tag.

So it looks as if Mayweather vs. McGregor will have to settle for second place in terms of gate revenue and US-based pay-per-view buys, but it was still an enormous financial success that destroys every other combat sports event except Mayweather vs. Pacquiao.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/9/...egor-did-4-4-million-domestic-ppv-buys-boxing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I'll come running to tie your shoes.
God damn your righteous hand
I was talking like two hands knocking, yelling "let me in, let me in, please come out."
RIP Ennio Morricone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmithCracks