Conor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather fight set for August 26th in Las Vegas (1 Viewer)

How will you watch Mayweather vs Mcregor?

• I will order the PPV

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • I will go out and watch it at a bar/pub/theater

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • I will eat cookies

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • I will not watch this fight in any way

Votes: 7 18.9%

• Total voters

S=E

5x Pick 'Ems Winner
Site Donor
https://sports.yahoo.com/floyd-mayweather-conor-mcgregor-fight-finalized-aug-26-205101486.html

Unbeaten boxer Floyd Mayweather will fight UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor in a much-discussed boxing match on Aug. 26 in Las Vegas, a well-placed source told Yahoo Sports on Wednesday. Mayweather is expected to make the announcement on social media as early as Wednesday.

The bout will be distributed via Showtime pay-per-view. It will be an entirely boxing card. Mayweather Promotions will be the lead promoter.

It is a stunning development given that Mayweather, the greatest boxer of his era, had said he was retired after compiling a 49-0 pro record from 1996 through 2015. But with a fight which could pay each man in excess of $100 million, he reconsidered.

Neither UFC president Dana White, Mayweather Promotions CEO Leonard Ellerbe or Showtime’s Stephen Espinoza could be reached for comment.

Mayweather is considered the greatest boxer of his generation and among the best of all-time. The fight with McGregor, in addition to paying him in excess of nine figures, will give him the opportunity to improve to 50-0.

Jeff Sherman, the oddsmaker at the Westgate sports book in Las Vegas, made Mayweather a minus-1000 favorite. McGregor is plus-650.

The bout came together organically, as McGregor first spoke about his desire to fight Mayweather and then they began going back-and-forth on social media.

On March 15, White appeared on Conan O’Brien’s television show and said that because of the large amount of money involved, it was possible the deal was done.

Is this thing possible? Yeah, I think it’s possible. Do I think it can happen? I do, because there’s so much involved. But it’s a long, long way away from happening. We’re no closer today than we were when we were talking two months ago.

White had been in talks with Mayweather adviser Al Haymon since the beginning of the year. While the bout always seemed like a long shot because of McGregor’s lack of boxing experience, once the two principal negotiators got together, that made it far more real.
[DOUBLEPOST=1497476430,1497476349][/DOUBLEPOST]Conor McGregor vs. Floyd Mayweather happening Aug. 26 in Las Vegas
http://mmajunkie.com/2017/06/report-conor-mcgregor-vs-floyd-mayweather-happening-aug-26-in-las-vegas

Fast on the heels of an approved event request to the Nevada boxing commission, the much-ballyhooed meeting between Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor is set to go down.

Citing a “well-placed source,” Yahoo! Sports reporter Kevin Iole today wrote that the bout will take place Aug. 26 in Las Vegas, the dateapproved by the Nevada State Athletic Commission for an event at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.

Iole said the boxing match will either take place at MGM or T-Mobile Arena, though the date is occupied by The BIG3 Championship Finals on the latter’s schedule.

There are few details confirmed on the McGregor vs. Mayweather deal. Per Iole’s report, Mayweather is expected to announce the fight on his social media as early as today.

McGregor appears to have beat Mayweather to the punch, though. The brash Irishman posted on his Instagram account: “The fight is on” in all caps.

McGregor (21-3 MMA, 9-1 UFC), who’s never boxed professionally,recently applied for a boxing license. He is taking on the undefeated multi-time champion Mayweather (49-0 boxing), who retired this past year after defending the WBA, WBC and The Ring and lineal welterweight titles in a fight with Andre Berto.

NSAC Executive Director Bob Bennett has said he’ll have no problems approving the fight given McGregor’s background.

UFC President Dana White recently announced he’d come to terms with McGregor on a deal to fight Mayweather. The executive thinks the boxing event could eclipse the 4.6 million buy record set for pay-per-view buys with Mayweather’s mega-bout with Manny Pacquiao.
[DOUBLEPOST=1497476486][/DOUBLEPOST]

[DOUBLEPOST=1497476527][/DOUBLEPOST]

Kevo

SMOKE BOMB!
Well that's nice.

Now, on to more important business, who fights for the interim LW title?

T Ferg
vs
??

Diaz doesn't want it
Kahbib can't be trusted
Already beat Barboza
Eddie is 0-1-1 in his last two

I think Dana White should park a Brinks truck in Nate's driveway, and do Ferg vs Diaz for the interim title.

Conor getting schooled by PBF isn't going to take the shine off of Diaz/Conor III for the LW title.

0mega1

Can't see Conor having any chance in a boxing match,

Hope he leg kicks Floyd in the head before it's over.
Wouldnt that be a head kick? :ass: ;)

My prediction: is Conor gets lit up for 12 rounds and then laughs all the way to the bank. My hope: Conor knocks Floyd the fuck out and then follows through with some ground and pound and then laughs all the way to the bank.

Mark my words, after Conor loses he is going to call Floyd out to fight him inside of a cage with MMA rules; which Floyd will never agree to.hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

S=E

5x Pick 'Ems Winner
Site Donor
Conor is about to add a few zeroes on to the end of his bank account. Good for him. Of course he's going to lose. And then weap in to his 100 million dollar check and I think it'll make it all better.

S=E

5x Pick 'Ems Winner
Site Donor
Win or lose, this just opened up huge potential and possibilities. Everyone whines because Conor gets to do it first but it's being done and he's opening doors for others to follow. There isn't a person here who would turn down $100 million + offer so don't hate on him for doing what anyone else would do for them and their family

The Madman

Personally i dont like Conor, but you've got to give the man respect. He has busted his ass to get where he is at. I see this fight as a one sided beat down in favor of floyd, but Conor has what rogan calls the touch of death in his hands. Its a long shot, but anything can happen.

S=E

5x Pick 'Ems Winner
Site Donor
He's doing exactly what we've all been clamoring to see. MMA fighters compete in boxing...

:mir:
People have wanted dream fights for ever. This gives an avenue for more crossover once the groundwork has been laid. He's about to be slap your momma rich. Good for him. You can say every single thing was given to him and try and downplay what he's done but he's gone out and performed every time and not only that, he has people wanting to watch him. He built that. Not the UFC. He did. He went on, got the eyes on him, and backed it up all the way to a 100 million dollar payday. Much respect to Conor.
[DOUBLEPOST=1497481133,1497481084][/DOUBLEPOST]And remember, I've been against this fight since day one. I was against all the other fights as well that everyone was clamoring for including the first Nate fight. But I respect the hustle

0mega1

The trash talk and press conferences are going to be so fucking epic. grandpa Mayweather might try to fight Conor at one of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I'll come running to tie your shoes.
God damn your righteous hand
I was talking like two hands knocking, yelling "let me in, let me in, please come out."
RIP Ennio Morricone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmithCracks