Conor McGregor vs Eddie Alvarez set for the LW Title at UFC 205

S=E

5x Pick 'Ems Winner
Site Donor
He should Defend or drop the title. I don't see an inbetween.
Money and marketing, at least for Conor. If he wins he's a two weight champ, holding two belts at the same time, never before done in the UFC. He wants to defend his FW title then against Aldo in a huge PPV as a dual champ in Ireland making Bill Gates money.

Sniggles

ex nihilo
Perhaps a stipulation that Conor MUST fight Aldo next if he is ever to take a title shot is the only way I could swallow this pill. I think this fight is bullshit without fighting Aldo first.

The UFC has always been about short term gain in terms of matchmaking.

I-is-traahDIN

A terrible human being
This is stupid if true

Either Conor is ducking Aldo, or doesn't want Aldo to get a payday

Maybe Conor is hoping Aldo will get tired of waiting and go to bellafarce

Before I die Conor better fight Frankie or I will call Conor a bitch with every breath

Nebraska

Poindexter For President
Site Donor
NFL S.P. Champion
I think he should be stripped of the FW belt for even trying to negotiate a fight with Alvarez.

I don't think belts are that all important in the short-term; they are more of a legacy builder. That said, fighters still have a responsibility to defend titles on a somewhat regular basis when they are champion.

1inthechamber

I wouldn't consider him fw champ. By then im sure Aldo will probably have defended his "interim" belt.

Besides what happens if he loses to Eddie? Another instant rematch? No thank you.

S=E

5x Pick 'Ems Winner
Site Donor
Aldo says he has 'friendly relationship' with McGregor
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/9/8...-friendly-relationship-with-mcgregor-ufc-news

Although they had the biggest rivalry in MMA in 2015, Jose Aldo says he actually doesn't dislike Conor McGregor. As he revealed to TV show "Revista Combate", the former UFC featherweight champion says he even has a friendly relationship with Conor.

"It's a friendly relationship. I don't have a problem with him trying to promote himself. If we take a look at it money-wise, it was pretty good. I think there should be more fighters like him at featherweight. I'm not his friend, though. He can go his way and I can go mine."

Furthermore, Aldo says McGregor is usually a mellow person, and only becomes his outgoing self when in front of the cameras or around his own countrymen.

"I've seen him staring at a wall, looking at nothing with everyone around him trying to taunt him and he would just stand there, gazing. He's a regular, mellow guy, but if he sees a camera or some Irish people, he transforms in a such way that makes you say to yourself 'son of a bitch'".

"One day we were hanging out and he said he was going to get the coffee and I said I wanted mine with sugar and he said something like 'nice'. Most of the times we met, there was always someone recording us, though, so he had to keep his persona up. With no cameras, he changes completely."

Jose Aldo recently became the UFC interim featherweight champion, when he defeated Frankie Edgar by unanimous decision, at UFC 200.

Fedorlei Gomipierre

The IQ Poster
Site Donor
The thing about Conor/Eddie is that IMO, it really sets the stage for the Conor/Cowboy for the 155 title on a really massive stage to do massive business, which feels like the theme with all Conor bouts. From that, I don't see them taking time out to have Conor cut down to 145 and further complicate things by running up against a serious challenger in Aldo, when there's bigger fish to fry at 155(Cerrone, Diaz III etc).

Rise

Conor either needs to defend the FW title next or be stripped of it. He's had two novelty fights in the past 9 months meanwhile...

He should have had to defend it against Edgar who did enough to warrant a title shot.
With Aldo beating Edgar he clearly has a case for a rematch now
And you have Holloway who has done enough now to warrant a shot at this point

If Conor were to skip out on a defense again there is no realistic way he could claim to be a 2 division champ when legit challengers are in wait.

Miz

mortality, ka, and the Tower
Yes! I am all about this. Fuck it. Alvarez then Aldo. I don't care. I just want to see Connor fight. It makes sense to me. If he loses to Alvarez he can still fight Aldo. If he loses to Aldo he can't still fight Alvarez. Either way we get great fights.

Spoon

There is no Spoon
MMA Pick 'Ems World Champion
Fuck Conor McGregor. If he doesn't defend his title, then he's a fucking pussy. If he feels he can make more money elsewhere, then he should drop the title and move on. In the last 2 fights out of his division, he got destroyed, and then looked like shit (I honestly don't see how people think McGregor/Diaz 2 was a great fight.) Who the fuck has McGregor fought to deserve special considerations? The gate keeper Mendes, who's suspended for growth hormones (big fucking surprise), Aldo with a lucky punch, and Diaz by a decision that hung in the balance by 1 round.

Hope this fight doesn't happen, or if it does, I hope Alvarez KO's him bad.

Pashak

Fuck Conor McGregor. If he doesn't defend his title, then he's a fucking pussy. If he feels he can make more money elsewhere, then he should drop the title and move on. In the last 2 fights out of his division, he got destroyed, and then looked like shit (I honestly don't see how people think McGregor/Diaz 2 was a great fight.) Who the fuck has McGregor fought to deserve special considerations? The gate keeper Mendes, who's suspended for growth hormones (big fucking surprise), Aldo with a lucky punch, and Diaz by a decision that hung in the balance by 1 round.

Hope this fight doesn't happen, or if it does, I hope Alvarez KO's him bad.
Wow, this must be the dumbest post I have seen in a very long time.

Reactions: Miz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

LebenTysonTank wrote on Miz's profile.
Any idea how I can upload an mp4 video? I recently knocked out this 250 pound face tattooed mexican gangbanger in front of my house,and one of the neighbors recorded it.
"I have a message for you. And you're not going to like it."
Battalion Fourteen raise your hands. You are code named Operation Get Behind The Darkies! And try not to get killed for God's sake!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmithCracks
Top Bottom