Conor McGregor Pulled From UFC 200 (1 Viewer)

Are you happy that McGregor's next opponent is Diaz?

• No, it should have been Edgar

Votes: 40 67.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • No, it should have been Aldo

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • No, it should have been (other)

Votes: 4 6.8%

• Total voters

Cat--Smasher

Putting the stamp on kids
Staff member
John Kavanagh gives update on Conor McGregor’s potential return to featherweight
SBG Ireland head coach John Kavanagh spoke to Fox Sports to discuss the situation:

“The short answer is I don’t know,” said Kavanagh. “I’m very intrigued to see the Aldo and Edgar fight. I hope Aldo is fully recovered from the bad knockout. I thought (Chad) Mendes went back in there really quick after the knockout against Conor.”

“People don’t realize the damage it does — it takes a long time to recover, and I think Mendes went down quicker in that fight because of that,” added Kavanagh. “Maybe if he’d let himself rest a bit more he might have had more fight for Edgar. I hope that’s not the case for Aldo, (I hope) we get to see a solid version of Aldo and a new kind of improved Edgar, and see what different from the first fight. So yea, let’s see that, and assess after the rematch. It’s kind of those two names and (Max) Holloway kind of in the mix, so it’s an interesting time.”
[DOUBLEPOST=1465705308,1465698995][/DOUBLEPOST]

[DOUBLEPOST=1465708827][/DOUBLEPOST]

Nebraska

Poindexter For President
Site Donor
NFL S.P. Champion
I have enjoyed Team McGregor's attempts to diminish Frankie's win over Chad by claiming that Conor's quick stoppage TKO softened him up for Edgar to put him away quicker.

Now they're trying to do the same thing with Frankie's fight with Aldo.

Edgar has barely said a word and yet he's still winning the psychological battle.

Bran

The wolf dead.
I have enjoyed Team McGregor's attempts to diminish Frankie's win over Chad by claiming that Conor's quick stoppage TKO softened him up for Edgar to put him away quicker.

Now they're trying to do the same thing with Frankie's fight with Aldo.

Edgar has barely said a word and yet he's still winning the psychological battle.
Frankie is smarter than anyone out there and he's not going to let any mindgames hurt him. He knows Conor wants no part of him and he knows he's about to become a 2 division champion.

Miz

mortality, ka, and the Tower
Frankie is smarter than anyone out there and he's not going to let any mindgames hurt him. He knows Conor wants no part of him and he knows he's about to become a 2 division champion.
You think Frankie's gonna come up to 155 after beating (if) Aldo then McGregor? He probably wouldn't fight Conor till December then you know they'd do a rematch. He would still have Holloway to fight to assuming something doesn't happen to him. I like Frankie but I think Dos Anjos, El Cucuy, and Khabib beat him. Would love to see him get there but he'll be 35 soon and you'd think he'd slow down sometime.

Bran

The wolf dead.
You think Frankie's gonna come up to 155 after beating (if) Aldo then McGregor? He probably wouldn't fight Conor till December then you know they'd do a rematch. He would still have Holloway to fight to assuming something doesn't happen to him. I like Frankie but I think Dos Anjos, El Cucuy, and Khabib beat him. Would love to see him get there but he'll be 35 soon and you'd think he'd slow down sometime.
I dunno. I think if/when he wins that 145 belt, he's gonna stick there for a little while and get some defenses. Maybe he moves up to unify, but I don't think he'd be in a rush to do so. And yeah, at nearly 35, not sure how much longer he wants to keep fighting.

Hard to gauge him against the current crop of LWs, too, since he hasn't been there in so long.

NotSoDarkAngel

I think he means because he was already the 155 champ. He'll have held belt in two different weight classes.

TriangleSmoke

Motherfucker of the Century
Site Donor
Frankie will go down to 35 before he goes back up to 45. If he can win and defend the FW title a couple times I can see him dropping to 35 just to try to be the only guy in history to win titles in 3 weightclasses.

S=E

5x Pick 'Ems Winner
Site Donor
Crazy to think Aldo was the GOAT heading in to the Conor fight, now he can't even beat Frankie who he beat before. Man times change.

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
Is anyone picking Aldo? I see about 90/10 in favor of Edgar without much thought to Aldo.
Depends on what Aldo shows up. If Aldo keeps his guard up and stays tight in the pocket he should pick Frankie apart.

Aldo has murderous leg kicks, it should be a big part of his gameplan. He also has a quick jab so no reason to load up and throw bombs. I expect Aldo to be a lot less emotional, so if he fights with a gameplan and clear head I think he takes it.

S=E

5x Pick 'Ems Winner
Site Donor
That's not what I asked. Picking Frankie to win doesn't mean you think Aldo has no chance.
Everyone picking Frankie would indicate that At least here, there isn't much faith in Aldo winning this fight. No chance, slight chance, either way no one is picking Aldo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

UFC FIGHT NIGHT: Woodley vs Burns

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zxel