Conor McGregor ‘retires’ from MMA... again (1 Viewer)

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
As a stand alone thing, it seems silly that he’s doing it again. But if you factor in it’s probably more to do with leveraging for the fight he wants or the pay day he wants and couple it with the fact that Jones and Masvidal are both doing something similar, the UFC could have an issue on their hands with their big name fighters setting an example or highlighting what they deem to be unfair treatment.

NotSoDarkAngel

As a stand alone thing, it seems silly that he’s doing it again. But if you factor in it’s probably more to do with leveraging for the fight he wants or the pay day he wants and couple it with the fact that Jones and Masvidal are both doing something similar, the UFC could have an issue on their hands with their big name fighters setting an example or highlighting what they deem to be unfair treatment.
Who knows, maybe this will be the beginnings of a union. Fighters have always fought to get paid more, but multiple high level fighters threatening quit it may lead to everyone standing up collectively. The UFC is hemorrhaging money (supposedly) they need the fighters more than ever.

Kevo

SMOKE BOMB!
If Jones Masvidal and Conor are all walking away because the fighters aren't getting a big enough slice of the pie, than good on them and I hope it hurts the greedy bastards

Anchorpunch

Site Donor
Who knows, maybe this will be the beginnings of a union. Fighters have always fought to get paid more, but multiple high level fighters threatening quit it may lead to everyone standing up collectively. The UFC is hemorrhaging money (supposedly) they need the fighters more than ever.
What did you hear about the UFC hemorrhaging money?

thumper

Staff member
shocker. the undeserving championship challenger sets the stage for begging him to a title fight he doesn't deserve by preemptively stomping his feet!

NotSoDarkAngel

Absolutely nothing specific, simply an assumption.
They were expecting to run events almost weekly, venues were booked and I’m sure deposits were made which may or may not have been refunded. Paying USADA for continued testing, paying for promoter licenses for events that didn’t happen, any travel/accommodation expenses already paid. Not to mention salaries and benefits of office employees and non fighter staff. Leases for office buildings. The list goes on and on.
Plus the events that HAVE happened without fans in attendance has probably cost them $10mil+ in lost revenue.
I’m not saying the UFC/Endeavor is on the verge of bankruptcy by any means, simply that they need to start bringing in money ASAP and that gives the fighters an edge they should definitely be trying to take advantage of.

thumper

Staff member
it's not a secret. it was explained awhle before the virus shit his. WME (their old name. same company just renamed). they are a very large company. But even so, they are agents for a lot of movie stars. they are also a very big athletic agent. Therein lies their biggest problem. THEY are the agents for many of the UFC's fighters. Nobody talks about this but it's also widely been under reported. Thank you UFC 'Media' and why there is no real MMA media. but. i'll stick to the topic.

There is some really shady shit about this 'agent'. on the upper side, he was a snitch for the FBI but got fired for many reasons. stealing money and being caught as an 'agent' of a group that's closely tied to the 9/11 bombings. there's a book that's out that just like Dana's mother's book, feld widely silent on the public. it explains how Abdelaziz was removed from a flight on 9/11.

instead of going into it, here is a broad stroke overview of the topic:
During the buildup to Nurmagomedov’s fight with McGregor, the Irish opponent trash-talked everyone around Nurmagomedov. McGregor talked about the fighter, his family, friends, country, and, of course, his agent.
In particular, McGregor called Abdelaziz a “terrorist snitch.” He claimed that Abdelaziz was removed from a flight on September 11, 2001, and that he was an informant for the FBI. According to the Washington Post, McGregor more than likely got this information from a book, Enemies Within: Inside the NYPD’s Secret Spying Unit and bin Laden’s Final Plot Against America.
That book names Abdelaziz and describes his history in the U.S. as well as abroad. However, The Washington Post doesn’t report that the book is accurate. As a result, McGregor and his claims about Abdelaziz may or may not be true.
read the rest of that article but this just barely scratches the surface. if you research the sources then research those you'll start digging into how shitty a person Ali is and what a lowlife he really is. How he is even legally allowed to be a sports agent is beyond me.

Back to the top though, Endeavor (the new name of WME) may have a huge client base of actors and athletes, but it's been reported that upwards of 85% of their revenue is derived directly from the UFC.

So when disaster struck Endeavor got hit twice. now their 85% of straight revenue stopped completely.

Now, Endeavor is a really big company. But the reason they pushed so hard, and got their events back online has a lot to do with them being nowhere near big enough to survive this, and the real 'leagues' in the world like the NFL, NBA, MLB have much deeper reserves and stability. Endeavor just bought the UFC in 2016 for over $4b. while all that money isn't up front, quite a bit was due in 2018 for their initial payment. that still leaves and enormous amount of money that was all reliant on that 85% revenue the UFC brought in. mostly from PPV stuff. The ESPN deal solidified this because they guaranteed the UFC a specific amount of money regardless of what the real buy rate was. very safe. until the pandemic which just removed all the stability for all of this.

So picture endeavor. 85% of their cash flow is just simply gone. the second biggest chunk came from their athletic contracts and their actors. Those both stopped completely with the pandemic. Endeavor may well not survive even now, but they HAD to put on the events because again, their contract with ESPN guarantee's them $ regardless of actual sales. No audience? No problem for the UFC, HUGE problem for a network that is already failing and fired a huge percentage of their staff a year or so ago

man the story goes way deeper, but I don't know if Endeavor will every survive this at all. How long do we think that ESPN is going to maintain a contract where they are footing the entire bill for the UFC's PPV event? they make $0 back because they have no gate at all. it's really ugly if you look under the hood. I seriously question if they'll survive this without being broken up and sold off in chunks. the UFC won't die, but a lot of people around them, and their contracts might.

ESPN was already in trouble in 2017

So ask yourself. Why is nobody talking about this? even here?

I'ma terrible writer and just write as i'm thinking. So it's hard to even read what I write. But the content is true and if you read it and the links you'll see that. it's hard to follow me, but not the sources
Post automatically merged:

oh and a PS. that article finishes talking about Ali being an MMA fighter which is all built on lies. he claimed to be an Olympic fighter, but there's no record of that ever happening, and he claimed to be this prolific mma fighter but the truth is he wasn't good at all and within a handful of fights and a losing record he left the sport.

he had a fucking 10 year ammy career with a total of 4 fights. then he went pro for all of 2 years and amassed a whopping record of 1-2-0 source

EDIT: video in topic: Enemies Within: Inside the NYPD’s Secret Spying Unit and bin Laden’s Final Plot Against America.
Ali Abdelaziz and the PFL’s extraordinarily controversial past and present

Last edited:

Anchorpunch

Site Donor
it's not a secret. it was explained awhle before the virus shit his. WME (their old name. same company just renamed). they are a very large company. But even so, they are agents for a lot of movie stars. they are also a very big athletic agent. Therein lies their biggest problem. THEY are the agents for many of the UFC's fighters. Nobody talks about this but it's also widely been under reported. Thank you UFC 'Media' and why there is no real MMA media. but. i'll stick to the topic.

There is some really shady shit about this 'agent'. on the upper side, he was a snitch for the FBI but got fired for many reasons. stealing money and being caught as an 'agent' of a group that's closely tied to the 9/11 bombings. there's a book that's out that just like Dana's mother's book, feld widely silent on the public. it explains how Abdelaziz was removed from a flight on 9/11.

instead of going into it, here is a broad stroke overview of the topic:

read the rest of that article but this just barely scratches the surface. if you research the sources then research those you'll start digging into how shitty a person Ali is and what a lowlife he really is. How he is even legally allowed to be a sports agent is beyond me.

Back to the top though, Endeavor (the new name of WME) may have a huge client base of actors and athletes, but it's been reported that upwards of 85% of their revenue is derived directly from the UFC.

So when disaster struck Endeavor got hit twice. now their 85% of straight revenue stopped completely.

Now, Endeavor is a really big company. But the reason they pushed so hard, and got their events back online has a lot to do with them being nowhere near big enough to survive this, and the real 'leagues' in the world like the NFL, NBA, MLB have much deeper reserves and stability. Endeavor just bought the UFC in 2016 for over $4b. while all that money isn't up front, quite a bit was due in 2018 for their initial payment. that still leaves and enormous amount of money that was all reliant on that 85% revenue the UFC brought in. mostly from PPV stuff. The ESPN deal solidified this because they guaranteed the UFC a specific amount of money regardless of what the real buy rate was. very safe. until the pandemic which just removed all the stability for all of this.

So picture endeavor. 85% of their cash flow is just simply gone. the second biggest chunk came from their athletic contracts and their actors. Those both stopped completely with the pandemic. Endeavor may well not survive even now, but they HAD to put on the events because again, their contract with ESPN guarantee's them $ regardless of actual sales. No audience? No problem for the UFC, HUGE problem for a network that is already failing and fired a huge percentage of their staff a year or so ago

man the story goes way deeper, but I don't know if Endeavor will every survive this at all. How long do we think that ESPN is going to maintain a contract where they are footing the entire bill for the UFC's PPV event? they make $0 back because they have no gate at all. it's really ugly if you look under the hood. I seriously question if they'll survive this without being broken up and sold off in chunks. the UFC won't die, but a lot of people around them, and their contracts might.

ESPN was already in trouble in 2017

So ask yourself. Why is nobody talking about this? even here?

I'ma terrible writer and just write as i'm thinking. So it's hard to even read what I write. But the content is true and if you read it and the links you'll see that. it's hard to follow me, but not the sources
Post automatically merged:

oh and a PS. that article finishes talking about Ali being an MMA fighter which is all built on lies. he claimed to be an Olympic fighter, but there's no record of that ever happening, and he claimed to be this prolific mma fighter but the truth is he wasn't good at all and within a handful of fights and a losing record he left the sport.

he had a fucking 10 year ammy career with a total of 4 fights. then he went pro for all of 2 years and amassed a whopping record of 1-2-0 source

EDIT: video in topic: Enemies Within: Inside the NYPD’s Secret Spying Unit and bin Laden’s Final Plot Against America.
Ali Abdelaziz and the PFL’s extraordinarily controversial past and present
You and @NotSoDarkAngel are right. I forgot about gates at the time.

Endeavor's survival is a wholly different matter. I'd like to learn more about their business and revenue lines some day. But, at a surface level, Hollywood will be disrupted by covid for a good while. Endeavor is tied to Hollywood and is heavily leveraged at the moment. The two don't mix particularly well.

Cat--Smasher

Putting the stamp on kids
Staff member
“If I’m not mistaken, didn’t you tell Mike Tyson you could beat me if we fought a second time?” Mayweather said. “Now you’re quitting! I thought you wanted to beat the best? Well, if you decide to come back, I will be waiting to punish you again.”

Cat--Smasher

Staff member
Michael Bisping shares his thoughts on Conor McGregor’s retirement announcement

“I mean who knows what’s going on behind the scenes because there’s always much more to it,” Bisping said on his Believe You, Me podcast. “But, yes, he’s done it before, as you say, he’s the boy who cried wolf. It would appear from the outside that I don’t think anyone is convinced that he is actually retired. I mean, he’s a young man, he’s in his prime, he’s the biggest star this sport has ever seen. He’s bigger than all the other stars put together, to be honest. He’s the cash cow, simple as that. There’s money to be made and I don’t think he’s going to leave that.”

Cat--Smasher

Staff member
Daniel Cormier says the UFC must find a way to “make it work” with Conor McGregor

“Everything is just bigger when he competes, and the whole aspect of that is gone when he fights in front of no fans,” Cormier said. “So I get why there’s a little hesitancy there, but it’s not worth risking losing him for the long term because you can’t make him happy right now.

“They’ve gotta make it happen. Again, it’s not worth the penalty if he’s gonna walk away. It’s not worth it, you know, you’ve gotta make it work for him.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Kano wrote on Karen's profile.
Are you the Karen from the internet?
I'll come running to tie your shoes.
God damn your righteous hand
I was talking like two hands knocking, yelling "let me in, let me in, please come out."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmithCracks