Colby Covington vs. Tyron Woodley targeted for showdown at UFC event on Sept. 19

Cat--Smasher

Putting the stamp on kids
Staff member
Colby Covington vs. Tyron Woodley targeted for showdown at UFC event on Sept. 19

The long-awaited fight between former teammates Colby Covington and Tyron Woodley finally has a targeted date, with the welterweights expected to meet at a UFC event on Sept. 19 in Las Vegas.

Kano

My New Challenge
Site Donor
Hope Colby can pull this one out.

I know people don't like Colby. Maybe part of the reason is his MAGA/Trump shtick. I'm not convinced that's actually how he feels. I think he's a dumb guy that thought of a dumb gimmick to get people to pay attention to him.

Any way, I think Colby has more to offer as far as great future match ups. vs Masvidal, rematch with Marty. Colby/Nate Diaz. Would be a great fight.

Malevolence

Mostly harmless
I think Colby messes him up. Tyron can always land that Hail Mary but I just can’t see it, if Colby mashes him against the fence & wears out the arms in round one he’ll maul him for the rest of the fight, it’s not like Tyron wrestles anyone anymore.

Palma

I am chaos
Hope Colby can pull this one out.

I know people don't like Colby. Maybe part of the reason is his MAGA/Trump shtick. I'm not convinced that's actually how he feels. I think he's a dumb guy that thought of a dumb gimmick to get people to pay attention to him.

Any way, I think Colby has more to offer as far as great future match ups. vs Masvidal, rematch with Marty. Colby/Nate Diaz. Would be a great fight.
I appreciate this perspective.

On a side note, you guys really need to stop calling Usman "Marty". It's 2020, Black lives matter and it's hella racist.

nbm02ss

Colby is going to run over the version of TWood we've seen in his past couple of fights.

thumper

Staff member
Personally I just want to see Colby get wrecked. The problem is TWood isn't going to be the guy to do it. I think he could but i don't think he'll step up and Colby will beat him because of it.

the other side of it. We've seen the new TWood, he either needs to go back to the guy that's hungry, or change his approach. he has all the tools. For some reason he just isn't using them.

Poindexter

Staff member
T-Wood has looked like garbage in his last two fights. No energy, no urgency, no ability to pull the trigger, no ability to game-plan, no ability to overwhelm his opponent anywhere in the fight. He looks like has lost confidence and is unable to access any variety in his skillset. He's lost out there—which sucks, because losing to one of the biggest douchebags in the sport in Colby will/should likely end his career.

Afro

The Autumn Wind is a Raider
Woodley a few years ago explodes on Colby and puts him away quicker than he did Lawler, Woodley now, especially since Colby has that special ruling where he gets unlimited time in the clinch and on the ground, probably decisions him.

thumper

Staff member
T-Wood has looked like garbage in his last two fights. No energy, no urgency, no ability to pull the trigger, no ability to game-plan, no ability to overwhelm his opponent anywhere in the fight. He looks like has lost confidence and is unable to access any variety in his skillset. He's lost out there—which sucks, because losing to one of the biggest douchebags in the sport in Colby will/should likely end his career.
yeah that's exactly what I'm saying. it's like he's not hungry anymore. he can win this fight. Whether he will or not all depends on who walks into the cage.

reminds me of the old line 'if bj comes in ready he'll win'

Miz

mortality, ka, and the Tower
He needs the eye of the tiger
Luckily Coby’s no Ivan Drago. Is it racist I’m making TWood into Apollo in this scenario. Woodley can win this. He’s had a couple of half ass showings. He’s due. He’s a gamer. I have faith he has at least one more great showing.

Poindexter

Staff member
Luckily Coby’s no Ivan Drago. Is it racist I’m making TWood into Apollo in this scenario. Woodley can win this. He’s had a couple of half ass showings. He’s due. He’s a gamer. I have faith he has at least one more great showing.

Reactions: Miz

Afro

The Autumn Wind is a Raider
Colby would be the ideal opponent for Woodley if a fire were lit to get him back on track, but I think as fans we've seen time and time and time again how hard it is, especially in this underpaid organization, for a guy to win the belt and climb BACK after losing it.

Palma

I am chaos
Colby would be the ideal opponent for Woodley if a fire were lit to get him back on track, but I think as fans we've seen time and time and time again how hard it is, especially in this underpaid organization, for a guy to win the belt and climb BACK after losing it.
I think people are over exaggerating Woodley's lack of performance in his last two fights. Against Usman he was simply outmatched. Usman beat him with his wrestling and he just didn't have an answer. It was similar to how Masvidal lost.

Against Burns I think he (and everyone else) was suprised by better striking than anyone was anticipating. And if you aren't gonna beat Burns standing, how are you gonna beat him?

Kevo

SMOKE BOMB!
I think people are over exaggerating Woodley's lack of performance in his last two fights. Against Usman he was simply outmatched. Usman beat him with his wrestling and he just didn't have an answer. It was similar to how Masvidal lost.

Against Burns I think he (and everyone else) was suprised by better striking than anyone was anticipating. And if you aren't gonna beat Burns standing, how are you gonna beat him?
So how do you see him matching up with Colby than?

Palma

I am chaos
So how do you see him matching up with Colby than?
I think he can let his hands go with Colby, and I think he can defend Colby's takedowns. Colby seems like a small WW to me and Woodley is huge for that weightclass.

Colby's best chance to win is to try and get control time in the clinch against the cage. I think this is a fight Woodley can win.

Noise

Ruido
How do you train with Duke Roofus for years and not develop a kicking game? Tyron's got fucking redwoods for legs too - damn shame he hasn't evolved.

I really, really hope it was more of a case of Burns being incredibly on versus Tyron just diminished before our very eyes but this will probably be a pretty telling fight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Battalion Fourteen raise your hands. You are code named Operation Get Behind The Darkies! And try not to get killed for God's sake!
Battalion Five raise your hands. You are the all important first attack wave, code named: Operation Human Shield!
An owner who hits a male or female slave in the eye and destroys it must let the slave go free to compensate for the eye.
Is this thing on?
If 2020 was a math problem: if you're going down river at 2MPH and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to re-shingle your roof?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmithCracks
Top Bottom