Cannon Hinant

Clark Kent

Why has it taken a week for the media to start to talk about this. This boy was executed in the street in front of his sisters.

I think the only reason big media is even mentioning him now is because social media has been coming after media for not picking up the story.

it took CNN a week or longer to mention this.

LEGEND

Currently running late for my funeral
are you saying we need to get rid of guns? we should have tougher gun control laws?

I guess now is the time to talk about gun control

Kevo

SMOKE BOMB!
Why has it taken a week for the media to start to talk about this. This boy was executed in the street in front of his sisters.

I think the only reason big media is even mentioning him now is because social media has been coming after media for not picking up the story.

it took CNN a week or longer to mention this.
It's heinous it's awful it's disgusting, kids are shot and killed every day in this country. I don't understand why everybody's making a big deal because the media wasn't making a big deal about it?

Bran

Don't you feel like desperadoes under the eaves?
For everyone baffled at why this isn't getting the attention of a BLM type murder, look at the 8th word of that headline. "Charged."

The man that murdered this boy is in custody, has been charged, and will almost definitely spend the rest of his life in jail.

It's fucking horrible this happened. But what more can you say about this topic? A monster did something monstrous and will now pay for it. That's the beginning and end of the story. We don't have government establishments protecting him. We don't have people saying that the kid must have done something to deserve it. We don't have people digging up the minor crimes the kid took part in prior to being shot. It's open and shut.

People are asking "where's the protests?" Who are you going to protest? The guy that's already in jail? The police that arrested him?

This story has been resolved, as tragic as that resolution is. Can you say that about any of the BLM names we've had this year? That's the difference.

Clark Kent

For everyone baffled at why this isn't getting the attention of a BLM type murder, look at the 8th word of that headline. "Charged."

The man that murdered this boy is in custody, has been charged, and will almost definitely spend the rest of his life in jail.

It's fucking horrible this happened. But what more can you say about this topic? A monster did something monstrous and will now pay for it. That's the beginning and end of the story. We don't have government establishments protecting him. We don't have people saying that the kid must have done something to deserve it. We don't have people digging up the minor crimes the kid took part in prior to being shot. It's open and shut.

People are asking "where's the protests?" Who are you going to protest? The guy that's already in jail? The police that arrested him?

This story has been resolved, as tragic as that resolution is. Can you say that about any of the BLM names we've had this year? That's the difference.
Ahmaud Arbre, those guys have been arrested And charged. haven’t the officers in the floyd death been charged.

I don’t give a shit about protests for this. I was talking about why was the media ignoring this. This is by far worse then what happened to Ahmaud and Floyd. It was a 5 year old executed.
Post automatically merged:

are you saying we need to get rid of guns? we should have tougher gun control laws?

I guess now is the time to talk about gun control
The guy was a felon and shouldn’t have even had a gun. The gun he had was illegal. So how would banning guns or stricter gun laws prevented that. But I do agree there should be stricter laws and better checks, with much harsher punishments for people who have illegal guns.

Poindexter

Staff member
I don’t give a shit about protests for this. I was talking about why was the media ignoring this. This is by far worse then what happened to Ahmaud and Floyd. It was a 5 year old executed.
My guess is it has to do with how the local media is amplified by larger national outlets, which is a process I'm not privy to, and it also must have to do with sheer magnitude of the atrocities occurring (increasingly) in the U.S.

Here's something else I wasn't aware of (below) and there seems to be many more cases like this weekly, if not daily.

Bran

Ahmaud Arbre, those guys have been arrested And charged. haven’t the officers in the floyd death been charged.

Ok, but in the Ahmaud and Floyd cases, those charges and arrests weren't made until national outrage and protests. Took about a week for Floyd, and it was months for Ahmaud. Breonna Taylor's killers still haven't been charged.

If you're going to weigh what's worse, yes, a child being murdered will always be worse than an adult being murdered. But again, this is open and shut. There's nothing more to add to it.

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
This happened about an hour from here. I don’t know all the details but from what I’ve gathered, the little boy was riding his bike in front of the man’s house, the man walked outside and shot him at point blank range. There was also talk that there was discourse between the shooter and the kids father. It’s an awful story and while it hasn’t gotten as much attention, I have seen it covered on USA Today and a hand full of other national publications. I just don’t understand how the fuck a grown man just murders a child like that.

When I first read about it, few details were available but I assumed it was a drive by type incident. It wasn’t until a few days later that it was reported that it was an intentional, execution style killing. It’s really unbelievable that a grown man could murder a child like that but it’s nothing new. People have been killing kids forever and it’s never been acceptable.

Ninjastix

The Fat Mamba
Site Donor
That story came up same day as it happened in local sources here. CNN is national news isn't it? I mean, last I checked. But I'm glad you're finally campaigning for the wholesale removal of guns from the population.

LEGEND

Currently running late for my funeral
So how would banning guns or stricter gun laws prevented that.
Im glad you mentioned it!

first we can use some of the money given to police to fund social services

we can close loopholes at gun shows, and increase funding for getting ex-felons jobs, and funding mental health services as well

to name a couple

Clark Kent

Ok, but in the Ahmaud and Floyd cases, those charges and arrests weren't made until national outrage and protests. Took about a week for Floyd, and it was months for Ahmaud. Breonna Taylor's killers still haven't been charged.

If you're going to weigh what's worse, yes, a child being murdered will always be worse than an adult being murdered. But again, this is open and shut. There's nothing more to add to it.
Breonna Taylor’s case is still being investigated. What is worse, the officers being charged with murder and later the charges dropped because it wasn’t murder. Or taking your time specially when all eyes are on this to make sure the facts are clear and the charges are correct.

as I’ve said in other threads if the warrant was obtained legally it is not murder or even manslaughter. I also said I don’t believe it was. So I would much rather time be taken to get this right.

that lady cop that shot the black man in his apartment, she said she thought he was a burglar. Not that I agree with the outcome ( should have gotten 20 years) But they took there time and now she is in prison for 10 years.

Nebraska

Poindexter For President
Site Donor
NFL S.P. Champion

First of all, your premise that the media is ignoring it is very obviously false.

Second...

Cannon Hinnant shot and killed; suspect arrested 23 hours later.
Ahmaud Arbery shot and killed; KNOWN KILLERS arrested 74 days later.
Breonna Taylor shot and killed; KNOWN KILLERS still haven’t been arrested 155 days later.

Clark Kent

Im glad you mentioned it!

first we can use some of the money given to police to fund social services

we can close loopholes at gun shows, and increase funding for getting ex-felons jobs, and funding mental health services as well

to name a couple
ive said this openly that I love guns and my right to own them. But even I think the system needs to be better. Gun shows with no permits is stupid, thats just asking for someone to buy a gun for bad intentions. Mental health services are a must and I also believe mental health should show up on a firearm background check.

First of all, your premise that the media is ignoring it is very obviously false.

Second...

Cannon Hinnant shot and killed; suspect arrested 23 hours later.
Ahmaud Arbery shot and killed; KNOWN KILLERS arrested 74 days later.
Breonna Taylor shot and killed; KNOWN KILLERS still haven’t been arrested 155 days later.
Just curious what should the officers in the breonna case be arrested and charged with. Without all the facts, what would you charge them with.

Ct_L33T

The guy was a felon and shouldn’t have even had a gun. The gun he had was illegal. So how would banning guns or stricter gun laws prevented that. But I do agree there should be stricter laws and better checks, with much harsher punishments for people who have illegal guns.
1. His murderers were arrested MONTHS after he was chased down and executed in the street. The cops sat on the video evidence, recorded by the murderers, and only made arrests after public outcry.
2. Whether you are a baby in a stroller or a 99year old man, murder is murder. The age at which they were murdered doesn't make it worse.

Nebraska

Poindexter For President
Site Donor
NFL S.P. Champion
Just curious what should the officers in the breonna case be arrested and charged with. Without all the facts, what would you charge them with.
They have all the facts they need to charge her killers with first degree manslaughter, second degree manslaughter, and reckless homicide.

Nebraska

Poindexter For President
Site Donor
NFL S.P. Champion
Breaks my heart to hear that a child suffered.
Same. Bad faith arguments like the one that initiated this thread bastardize the notion that no life should be taken unlawfully. Justice isn’t supposed to be sought more aggressively based on the age of the victim. Less than 23 hours after this child was murdered his alleged killer was arrested. There was outrage at the act, but it was quelled when the law did its job.

Last edited:

Clark Kent

They have all the facts they need to charge her killers with first degree manslaughter, second degree manslaughter, and reckless homicide.
No they don’t.

if they go by what’s available then there isn’t enough to charge any of those. Maybe reckless but that’s a stretch.
facts that have come out.

they had a no knock warrant.
police entered, home owner opened fire, hitting a officer. Officers returned fire. In the process of returning fire breonna was killed.

just curious are you a lawyer, police officer, legal aide, judge, or anything like that. Or do you get you legal knowledge from the internet and from what everyone else says.

Uh it's not?
Instead of trying to be a smart ass, try looking up what the LEGAL definition of murder is.

Afro

The Autumn Wind is a Raider
No they don’t.

if they go by what’s available then there isn’t enough to charge any of those. Maybe reckless but that’s a stretch.

police entered, home owner opened fire, hitting a officer. Officers returned fire. In the process of returning fire breonna was killed.

just curious are you a lawyer, police officer, legal aide, judge, or anything like that. Or do you get you legal knowledge from the internet and from what everyone else says.

Instead of trying to be a smart ass, try looking up what the LEGAL definition of murder is.
I was being a smartass?

Clark Kent

I was being a smartass?
Usually when people put uh like that. But if you were not then I am sorry.

As much as people want justice, this has to go by the laws of Kentucky. with the facts available as fucked up as it is I don’t see manslaughter or any charge Like that. That’s why I keep going back to the warrant, if it was issued legally or illegally.

Last edited:

Nebraska

Poindexter For President
Site Donor
NFL S.P. Champion
No they don’t.

Yes they do.

Kentucky Statute for First Degree Manslaughter
Kentucky Statute for Second Degree Manslaughter
Kentucky Statute for Reckless Homicide

It’s not self defense or justifiable force when you break into someone’s home and shoot one of the residents to death after a different resident fires at you in self defense. The officers were the aggressors and they fired 20 blind shots into the apartment and killed an innocent person. Then they let her bleed to death in the hallway. Breonna Taylor has a right to justice. Justice is supposed to be blind, so put Cannon Hinnant in her place and reassess your argument.

Clark Kent

Yes they do.

Kentucky Statute for First Degree Manslaughter
Kentucky Statute for Second Degree Manslaughter
Kentucky Statute for Reckless Homicide

It’s not self defense or justifiable force when you break into someone’s home and shoot one of the residents to death after a different resident fires at you in self defense. The officers were the aggressors and they fired 20 blind shots into the apartment and killed an innocent person. Then they let her bleed to death in the hallway. Breonna Taylor has a right to justice. Justice is supposed to be blind, so put Cannon Hinnant in her place and reassess your argument.
they didn’t break in, they had a no knock warrant. The home owner fired first, they returned fire.

im not arguing what I think is right or wrong. I’m stating what the law sees are right or wrong.

under the law the had a no knock warrant which gives them legal permission to enter the home.

upon entering the home , the owner fired and hit a police officer. At that point they can use lethal force and return fire, which they did. The law will protect them on that too.

Again it’s not what I think, it’s how the system works.

I mean sure if everyone would go by your personal feelings that they broke in and just opened fire for no reason, then yeah it’s bad.

Last edited:

Nebraska

Poindexter For President
Site Donor
NFL S.P. Champion

Bran

I believe neighbor testimony contradicts the arguments that her boyfriend shot first and that the police identified themselves, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Stand aside to better men, or blaze a trail and become one.
The mind-killer fears reality
Mind-killer is the mind-killer
Reality is the mind-killer.
You know you're old when you are hyped that you got a breadmaker for your birthday. Thing is it makes cakes and jams too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toolfan14
Top Bottom