Bud Light picks up Anderson Silva and Chuck Liddell (1 Viewer)

SandyWH

CHAOS KREATOR
MMA Weekly / Yahoo Sports Article said:
When Ultimate Fighting Championship president Dana White announced that the leading mixed martial arts promotion had struck a sponsorship deal with Anheuser-Busch, he was ecstatic about the partnership and optimistic about the possibilities.

“This is a historical moment for the company,” he said at a press conference in Columbus, Ohio on Feb. 28, announcing the deal. “I can’t express to you enough how excited I am.”

Anheuser-Busch is stepping up its involvement in MMA by making UFC middleweight champion Anderson “The Spider” Silva and former UFC light heavyweight titleholder Chuck “The Iceman” Liddell spokesmen for the Bud Light brand.

Silva’s manager, Ed Soares, told MMAWeekly Radio, “We just finalized a deal with Anheuser-Busch. Him (Silva) and Chuck Liddell are going to be spokespeople for Bud Light and Anheuser-Busch here in the U.S.”

When reached for comment, Liddell told MMAWeekly, “It’s great. It’s really nice that these companies are getting behind MMA. Bud Light’s been around a long time. I think it’s a great sponsor to have.”

The campaign is set to hit 4,000 convenience stores throughout the country as well as include billboards and television commercial appearances.

Anheuser-Busch’s Bud Light brand has a three-year deal with Zuffa, LLC, (the parent company of the UFC and World Extreme Cagefighting) and is the exclusive beer sponsor of the UFC and WEC. The Bud Light logo took over the center position on the canvas of the Octagon at UFC 84 in Las Vegas on May 24.

“Landing Anheuser-Busch and Bud Light is huge for us, our fighters and especially our fans,” said White at the time of the announcement in February. “We’ve got the No. 1 selling beer in the world and one of the top marketers in all of sports as our sponsor. If our TV ratings, pay-per-view buys and venue sell-outs weren’t enough, this definitely cements UFC as a major player in sports business.”
There it is! MMA is can now be considered "Mainstream". And the fact that they have gotten behind a few fighters makes it all that more compelling.

Sounds like A~B has made a pretty sizable investment into MMA, and it future.

Good for Chuck, Anderson, and UFC. But more importantly good for all of us as fans. This can only mean that that we will be treated to more and more of the sport.

Noob

www.myspace.com/mmaspot
I want to see a commercial with Anderson chilling on some Brazilian beach and downing a couple of cold ones. Doing that little dance he does, some bikini-clad women, sand, surf, maybe a Bruce Lee impression.

SandyWH

CHAOS KREATOR
Fortunately they won't have to film a Chuck Liddell commercial. Just follow him around Vegas for a night or two, and they'll have all the Bud Light, booty, blood, and blow they can fit into 20 TV spots.

I like the Anderson Silva idea, but they have to cut to the "Wanna Fuck" shirt.

Dan0

MMASpot Janitor
I wanna see Anderson's shorts. The bud colors may clash with his signature yellow and black.

mauladala

Machidala
Anheuser Busch is now owned by InBev, a Belgian super conglomerate that produces beer. They are now slaves to the European whip. On the bright side, maybe they'll make there money in Euros and get an outstanding exchange rate.

It is great for the sport to have such huge sponsors though. Chuck was MADE for this sponsor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Members online

UFC FIGHT NIGHT: Woodley vs Burns

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zxel