Breaking News - Random MMA Related "Tweets" (and Facebook, Instagram, etc.)

Miz

mortality, ka, and the Tower
Why are people hating on Yair so much? I liked watching him fight. Did he do something shitty I'm not remembering?
I’m not sure but I want to be that pale red headed kid that yells “I told you so” after Noise sucker punches their bitch ass.

thumper

Staff member
great quote, great attitude, violence to ensue.
yeah, only problem is, saying it and doing it are way different things. he's never fought anyone like khabib, and people have figured out a way to beast Justin. Not so with Khabib and I can't think of any fight he's had that was an easy opponent.

I want khabib to be beat. I just think single minded, ONE game plan fighters aren't going to be the ones that do it.

and he's going to be so worried about those takedowns Khabib has already shown that he can strike if you keep focusing on take downs. That's his entire plan, and so far its worked. 29 times in a row

Afro

The Autumn Wind is a Raider
yeah, only problem is, saying it and doing it are way different things. he's never fought anyone like khabib, and people have figured out a way to beast Justin. Not so with Khabib and I can't think of any fight he's had that was an easy opponent.

I want khabib to be beat. I just think single minded, ONE game plan fighters aren't going to be the ones that do it.

and he's going to be so worried about those takedowns Khabib has already shown that he can strike if you keep focusing on take downs. That's his entire plan, and so far its worked. 29 times in a row
If Khabib strikes with Gaethje and has any amount of success I will eat an actual crow, Gaethje is a D1 wrestler and I am fairly confident that he's figured out how to strike and grapple in MMA by now, also those guys who figured out how to beat Gaethje, they knocked him out, i'll eat a whole flock of crows if Khabib does that. That being said, I still think this fight favors Khabib by UD or late sub, but I think Gaethje stands a great chance to beat him, especially since Khabib doesn't have his dad in his corner anymore unfortunately. Gaethje has become much more patient, calm, and calculated lately and with his chin, boxing, and incredible power and speed combo, Khabib could be in serious trouble. Gaethje is going to be the hardest guy Khabib has had to takedown so far in his UFC, or even MMA career, and on top of that, Gaethje is capable of plodding forward, and finding his target with incredible velocity. Khabib going backwards and wrestling, it's going to be interesting, and a lot different of a fight I think then we've seen from Khabib thus far.

thumper

Staff member
If Khabib strikes with Gaethje and has any amount of success I will eat an actual crow, Gaethje is a D1 wrestler and I am fairly confident that he's figured out how to strike and grapple in MMA by now, also those guys who figured out how to beat Gaethje, they knocked him out, i'll eat a whole flock of crows if Khabib does that. That being said, I still think this fight favors Khabib by UD or late sub, but I think Gaethje stands a great chance to beat him, especially since Khabib doesn't have his dad in his corner anymore unfortunately. Gaethje has become much more patient, calm, and calculated lately and with his chin, boxing, and incredible power and speed combo, Khabib could be in serious trouble. Gaethje is going to be the hardest guy Khabib has had to takedown so far in his UFC, or even MMA career, and on top of that, Gaethje is capable of plodding forward, and finding his target with incredible velocity. Khabib going backwards and wrestling, it's going to be interesting, and a lot different of a fight I think then we've seen from Khabib thus far.
I get your point and can't argue with it. I think part of what Khabib brings to the table is he's just just wrestling but it's not what wrestlers expect. I'm NO WAY a pro on wrestling, i'm pretty ignorant about it. But what I see is he has incredible wrist control and schools GOOD wrestlers with it. the way he does his leg riders (and ankle riders) is just stunning how he handles it. IMO those two things are what make him so good on the ground.

I also think he makes great strikers look 'so-so' is because everyone knows just how much control he has on the ground that they are always watching for his takedowns which frees up his striking. Look what he did to McFuckstick on the feet! Christ he even knocked him down at one point. That's because Conor couldn't just watch his striking, or be dominant in it. he was beating Conor in striking for shit's sake.

I get your point I just think Khabib's game is too good. Sambo doesn't explain his folkstyle wrestling much but i think that style is why he's so good, because that's more of what he does, and there aren't many wrestlers like him in MMA

Again, the wrestling guys here know a lot more about that shit than i do. I've only really started studying up on wrestling since that art started dominating MMA like it does now. mostly because of the UFC, but I've got a decent handle on it I think.
Post automatically merged:

I'll take, "Horrible Career Moves" for 500, Alex.
jesus christ. HAHHAAH just get out of the fighting game. she isn't going to accel at either. I'm guessing the burger king fight club offered her freakshow money to get some photo ops but I think she's fucking toast in there.

Afro

The Autumn Wind is a Raider
I get your point and can't argue with it. I think part of what Khabib brings to the table is he's just just wrestling but it's not what wrestlers expect. I'm NO WAY a pro on wrestling, i'm pretty ignorant about it. But what I see is he has incredible wrist control and schools GOOD wrestlers with it. the way he does his leg riders (and ankle riders) is just stunning how he handles it. IMO those two things are what make him so good on the ground.

I also think he makes great strikers look 'so-so' is because everyone knows just how much control he has on the ground that they are always watching for his takedowns which frees up his striking. Look what he did to McFuckstick on the feet! Christ he even knocked him down at one point. That's because Conor couldn't just watch his striking, or be dominant in it. he was beating Conor in striking for shit's sake.

I get your point I just think Khabib's game is too good. Sambo doesn't explain his folkstyle wrestling much but i think that style is why he's so good, because that's more of what he does, and there aren't many wrestlers like him in MMA

Again, the wrestling guys here know a lot more about that shit than i do. I've only really started studying up on wrestling since that art started dominating MMA like it does now. mostly because of the UFC, but I've got a decent handle on it I think.
Post automatically merged:

jesus christ. HAHHAAH just get out of the fighting game. she isn't going to accel at either. I'm guessing the burger king fight club offered her freakshow money to get some photo ops but I think she's fucking toast in there.
Thing about Conor though, I think Gaethje with his leg kicks might be just as dangerous of a match up and Conor turns into a terrible striker by Round 3 it seems, his gas tank is a pretty big issue, Gaethje winning an endurance test against Ferg, who is supposed to be the Nick Diaz of the LW div at draining guys, that's really where I started to get curious about if Gaethje could really be the one to dethrone Khabib, but I am still not counting the champ out just yet.

Reactions: Miz

nbm02ss

Right? Just open an Onlyfans and rake in the $$$.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Members online

Latest profile posts

Battalion Five raise your hands. You are the all important first attack wave, code named: Operation Human Shield!
An owner who hits a male or female slave in the eye and destroys it must let the slave go free to compensate for the eye.
If 2020 was a math problem: if you're going down river at 2MPH and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to re-shingle your roof?
4-5 Playoff games a day <3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmithCracks
Top Bottom