Anderson Silva: I’m tired of listening to lies and false accusations

Cat--Smasher

Putting the stamp on kids
Staff member
Anderson Silva: I’m tired of listening to lies and false accusations
Anderson Silva still has no date set for his hearing at the Nevada Athletic Commission, but again denied using banned substances.
"About my doping case, I’m waiting for the commission and my lawyers," Silva wrote. "I’m not a cheater and I never had a juiced body. Just watch my fights in Japan, when I fought at 176 pounds because there was no 185 pound division, and the guys I fought cut from 220 to 207. So for those ‘experts’, go search real facts.

"I apologize to my followers and fans that give me strength and criticize me with the intention to help me instead of bringing me down, because I don’t want you to think that I’m being rude with you. I’m just tired of listening to lies and false accusations. I don’t live in a glass case, I’m not a saint and I never said I was the best. I always did what I love with truth, without overshadowing and lying to anyone. Unfortunately, I can’t please everybody because I’m not and I don’t wanna be unanimous."

Pashak

And what did he expected? He tested positive for PEDs. He expected people to be soft and kind to him?

Not only fans, some great fighters feel very disappointed on Anderson too.

Cat--Smasher

Staff member
Anderson Silva’s NSAC hearing postponed a third time
this past week received a third continuance on his response to the Nevada State Athletic Commission’s complaint against him.

Silva (34-6 MMA, 17-2 UFC) has until Aug. 7 to submit a defense to multiple allegations of performance-enhancing drug use stemming from and out-of-competition test the NSAC ordered prior to his UFC 183 win over Nick Diaz (26-10 MMA, 7-7 UFC) at Las Vegas’ MGM Grand Garden Arena.

Nevada Deputy Attorney General Chris Eccles confirmed the extension to MMAjunkie after a report from Brazilian MMA outlet Combate. Silva’s case was expected to be heard by the commission in March and May before the extensions.

Silva, who is temporarily suspended pending a formal hearing, faces a formal suspension, fines and the overturning of his win.
[/URL]

Spoon

There is no Spoon
MMA Pick 'Ems World Champion
Survival Pool Champion
Wonder if they'll determine the punishment based on when he fought, or when he goes before the Commission. Doesn't the new punishments start in June or July, with far worse suspensions for positive tests? Basically a 9 month to 1-year ban previously, turns to a 2-3 year ban after the "rules" changed. Dude is playing with fire right now, when he should just go before the commission and get the shit over with. If he willingly took shit, he should just admit it at this point, because the truth usually comes out when before the commission. If he took some shit based on the advise of his peoples, or based on some Brazilian doctor who doesn't know shit about combat sports and their drug testing, then fine, he's still guilty, and would have likely been given a 9 month ban. At this rate, he's looking at a career ending ban, unless he just swallow his pride and speaks the truth.
[DOUBLEPOST=1433910885,1433910825][/DOUBLEPOST]
Anybody dumb enough to let camera crews into his house while displaying banned substances and diuretics isnt going to convince me that this is all just a big mistake.
Only thing I recall seeing is needles. Maybe I'm mistaken?

Dirty

fuck you!
I dont think he would be susceptible to the new penalties because when he failed the test there were already a certain set of punishments and bylaws in place. Just like how if I got a possession of weed charge right now, my court date would likely happen after recreational marijuana is legal in Oregon, but I would still be liable and responsible for the punishment of the rules from the citation and/or arrest date.
[DOUBLEPOST=1433911510,1433911097][/DOUBLEPOST]
Only thing I recall seeing is needles. Maybe I'm mistaken?
The biggest thing was the Taraxatone which is a highly popular diuretic in the bodybuilding world for masking PED use, as well as Insulin and the type of needles seen are those widely used for hormone therapy. You cant just use any needle with any drug as some have heavier or thinner consistency. The same little gauge needle used by diabetics could obviously be used for the insulin use but would be too small to put other substances through.

Sniggles

ex nihilo
Anderson has got the money to build a case overtime. It is of no harm to him to wait to present his case as his punishment will be from the day of his last fight. It is never worth it when you have money to go straight to court and deal with the consequences. He need not worry about the new punishments as they were not active while his offense was noted.

He is out for 9-12 months regardless of what he does. Waiting for public perception to cool off while continuing to build revenue on the side is the best possible option.

TriangleSmoke

Motherfucker of the Century
Site Donor
Anderson has got the money to build a case overtime. It is of no harm to him to wait to present his case as his punishment will be from the day of his last fight. It is never worth it when you have money to go straight to court and deal with the consequences. He need not worry about the new punishments as they were not active while his offense was noted.

He is out for 9-12 months regardless of what he does. Waiting for public perception to cool off while continuing to build revenue on the side is the best possible option.
And I think that is fucking bullshit. I think he should be banned for a year starting on the day of his appearance in front of the commission, but to each his own.

ILJO

Site Donor
And I think that is fucking bullshit. I think he should be banned for a year starting on the day of his appearance in front of the commission,
Why? It's time served. And they're agreeing to postpone his hearing. They could say no, but he's obviously citing some kind of reason that they deem legitimate.

TriangleSmoke

Site Donor
Why? It's time served. And they're agreeing to postpone his hearing. They could say no, but he's obviously citing some kind of reason that they deem legitimate.
Just calling a spade a spade, and the more he keeps denying it the more I wish his punishment were more severe. I'm bitter over the likelihood that he's cheated before this incident, and having to read his seemingly bullshit denial nauseates me. He popped on what, at least 2 tests? I know he popped at least once for drostanolone which is an anabolic steroid. He also popped for methyltestosterone which I don't know much about, but I know several people who take drostanolone during cutting cycles from other roids. 1+1 = 2, and Silva looks like a cheater who's in denial and making himself look foolish by denying this so adamantly.

ILJO

Site Donor
Yeah I guess you're right. Your bitterness and second hand information from some roided dummies has totally convinced me that he doesn't deserve any semblance of due process. Let's just get it over with and burn him at the stake.

TriangleSmoke

Site Donor
Yeah I guess you're right. Your bitterness and second hand information from some roided dummies has totally convinced me that he doesn't deserve any semblance of due process. Let's just get it over with and burn him at the stake.
Oh shut the fuck up you smug little cocksucker. I never said the man should be denied his due process. I said I think he's a cheater and let's get on with it. He's innocent until proven guilty, but all it takes is common sense to see he's delaying the inevitable. He's building a case? Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit. He failed twice for multiple substances.

TriangleSmoke

Site Donor
Actually, he is in the process of testing all of his supplements.
That's his prerogative. He can test as many substances as he wants. That doesn't change the fact that he tested positive for an anabolic steroid and methyltestosterone.

I can't shake the thought that his camp may have screwed him without him knowing. Several people in his camp have popped. At least 3.

SandyWH

CHAOS KREATOR
Ever since the Sean Sherk failure, I've been very very skeptical about test results.
- What level did the fighter test at?
- What maximum level was the test set at?
- If the athlete was actually using a PED, what would a typical level be?
- What could cause a spike in a certain level naturally or through a mixture of substances?
- Was the athlete popped for the presence of PEDs or their masking agents?

It honestly could be a case where Anderson took a supplement that had a trace amount of the banned substance and he tested at 1% over the allowable limit, but a fighter actually taking that banned supplement would test at 110% of the allowable level. Or maybe he passed for anabolics, but there's an anabolic masking agent in one of the supplements he regularly takes and that's what has him in hot water.

Cat--Smasher

Staff member
Anderson Silva's UFC 183 drug test results inconsistent, B-sample being tested to prove -- or disprove -- failed exam

Veteran mixed martial arts (MMA) reporter and drug-testing expert Larry Pepe brings word that Silva's test results collected during the UFC 183 pay-per-view (PPV) event, which took place back on Jan. 31, 2015 in Las Vegas, Nevada, contradict one another.

The sample sent to Sports Medicine Research & Testing Laboratory (SMRTL) returned positive; however, Quest Labs reported just the opposite.

From Twitter:

Source tells me there are conflicting fight night tests. SMRTL was positive (as SMRTL test was on 1/9) but Quest Labs did test same night close in time and Anderson was negative. SMRTL B sample being tested but results are not back yet. Either way, I would assume that Silva team will use the inconsistency of the two labs' results to discredit the SMRTL positive test dated 1/9 and also point to SMRTL negative test dated 1/19 in arguing to NSAC that results are unreliable or, alternatively, that he should get reduced sentence. If you are wondering, yes, this is similar to Nick Diaz case where Quest & SMRTL were also in conflict.

SMRTL is currently testing Silva's B-sample and the results are pending.

SandyWH

CHAOS KREATOR
I don't like independent testing and I damn sure don't like having all these wacked out levels and masking agents that these different labs test for. It makes failing a test too simple. All levels should be tested at double the natural level and masking agents should only be flagged and not considered a failed test. Maybe have the presence of a masking agent roll into a blood test, rather than a piss test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Stand aside to better men, or blaze a trail and become one.
The mind-killer fears reality
Mind-killer is the mind-killer
Reality is the mind-killer.
You know you're old when you are hyped that you got a breadmaker for your birthday. Thing is it makes cakes and jams too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rayphatty
Top Bottom