2021 NFL Football Season

Beardown98

Post automatically merged:

Lot lower price tag than many thought.
I just saw this and thought it’s probably the best place for Wentz.
The more I kept hearing it sounded like the only people floating a first rounder being offered was the Eagles brass trying to drive up the price.

it’s sad but I want to give Pace credit for not bidding against himself again lol

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
Rich Gannon’s contract with CBS has expired and CBS isn’t renewing it. I hope he catches on with another network.

Beardown98

If the bears haven’t at least talked to Robinson that’s even more of an indictment of their ineptitude after I gave them some credit for not bidding against themselves for Wentz

AF84D4A5-09E6-47F2-9905-8FEA59D61FF3.jpeg
If they are shopping Mariota they are looking for what a 4th and 5th at most a single third rounder right?
602F8938-88C3-4BC5-8582-AA513209A144.jpeg

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
His base salary in 2021 is 10 mil, and he's not worth a 2nd rounder, so keeping him might not be a good idea.
I wasn't aware his deal ballooned to 10 million. I think in the market right now, they could get a 2nd rounder for him though.

They’re having serious cap issues for a team that needs to bulk up some holes.
Yes, they should trade him but not give him away for a 4th or 5th.

Beardown98

4th and 5th or a single third, Mariota is not worth a 2nd IMO.

Maybe a third that could move to a second depending on playing time/performance next year.

I am not sure what the market actually is for him. I just don’t think he’s worth a second.

I feel we should start a mmaspot madden franchise league. Where we each take a shitty or bottom half of the league team and try to rebuild them. I used to do that with my roommates back in the mid 2000’s, It was a helluva good time. We’d even import rookies from ncaa football (I heard this game may be happening again)

Last edited:

Palma

I am chaos
I wasn't aware his deal ballooned to 10 million. I think in the market right now, they could get a 2nd rounder for him though.

Yes, they should trade him but not give him away for a 4th or 5th.
They might have to cut him if they can’t find a trade. I think that’s why they’re happy to get a lower draft pick.

lol, Maylock isn’t that stupid. If they can get a 2nd round pick for a backup quarterback that lost his last starting job, they will certainly take it. I think it’s gonna be hard to find that trade with guys like Alex Smith and Jimmy G in the mix. They all have potential but obviously a lot of risk. There are quite a few potential starter/above average backups to keep them from getting a 2nd round pick, IMO.

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
Russell Wilson to the Bears. Wow.

The Bears would be good but it would be hard to round the roster having both Mack's deal and Wilson's on the same books. How much longer is Mack's deal. He needs to go home to Vegas.

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
Word on the grapevine is the Bears are gearing up to make a massive trade offer to the Texans for Watson. I'd like to see it happen. Have the Bears ever had a REAL franchise QB? I mean except Foles, who they misused.

Beardown98

I am a big Zach Wilson fan. If the Jags weren't picking number1, I would hope he would be our pick. Trevor is just too good too pass up.
I like Wilson too I still have Fields over him as the second best QB in the draft. If anything they are a 2a and 2b
Word on the grapevine is the Bears are gearing up to make a massive trade offer to the Texans for Watson. I'd like to see it happen. Have the Bears ever had a REAL franchise QB? I mean except Foles, who they misused.
hahahahah Foles and franchise should not be in the same sentence unless he becomes a Popeyes franchisee.

No, the bears never had a franchise Qb their all time best QBs are Kramer, Cutler, and Trubisky as far as QB rating I believe but not 💯 on that.

I heard on local radio they would be willing to offer 2 firsts and any two defense players. I have no idea what the bears would actually offer though.

Kevo

SMOKE BOMB!
I like Wilson too I still have Fields over him as the second best QB in the draft. If anything they are a 2a and 2b

hahahahah Foles and franchise should not be in the same sentence unless he becomes a Popeyes franchisee.

No, the bears never had a franchise Qb their all time best QBs are Kramer, Cutler, and Trubisky as far as QB rating I believe but not 💯 on that.

I heard on local radio they would be willing to offer 2 firsts and any two defense players. I have no idea what the bears would actually offer though.
Wonder how good McMahon could have been if it wasn't for Charles Fucking Martin

Beardown98

Wonder how good McMahon could have been if it wasn't for Charles Fucking Martin

He basically owned every record at BYU when he left (Ty Detmer owns all of them now). Concussions also messed him up badly. My opinion is he could of been the best Bears QB all time if injuries and off field stuff wouldn’t have ruined his time here.
He still wouldn’t have been a HOF’er but he would of been better than my aforementioned list of Kramer, Cutler, and Trubisky.

shoulda, woulda, coulda,

Palma

I am chaos
He basically owned every record at BYU when he left (Ty Detmer owns all of them now). Concussions also messed him up badly. My opinion is he could of been the best Bears QB all time if injuries and off field stuff wouldn’t have ruined his time here.
He still wouldn’t have been a HOF’er but he would of been better than my aforementioned list of Kramer, Cutler, and Trubisky.

shoulda, woulda, coulda,
He won a Super Bowl. Good enough for me.

Afro

The Autumn Wind is a Raider
May have won a superbowl, but this shit is still unforgivable

Palma

I am chaos
Sounds like Mariota is keeping any trade from happening by not allowing the final year of his contract to be restructured. This forces the Raiders to either cut him or keep him until training camp and then trading him to a team that’s desperate for a qb. Or cutting him then and really fucking him financially.

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
It’s amazing he came back. That’s enough for me.
Yea, I get Washington wants to look to the future but damn, besides Heincke, they have no one on the roster right now. Is Colt McCoy still there?

I hope Smith goes somewhere and wins some games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Stand aside to better men, or blaze a trail and become one.
The mind-killer fears reality
Mind-killer is the mind-killer
Reality is the mind-killer.
You know you're old when you are hyped that you got a breadmaker for your birthday. Thing is it makes cakes and jams too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toolfan14
Top Bottom