2021 NFL Football Season

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
The only way I would agree with letting Carr go is if the upgrade is far and away better AND it doesn't cost a ton to get that upgrade. Getting rid of 3 years worth of first round picks AND players likes of Carr, Abrams and Crosby is too much to ask for Rodgers, especially considering Rodgers age. If this was Rodgers who is barely 30, that's one thing. Not everyone drinks unicorn blood like Brady and beats Father Time. Rodgers is gonna be 38 this year. Unless he defies odds like Brady, who is the only player who has ever done what he's doing, Rodgers has 2-3 years of elite play left before he declines like Favre and Brees did.

Afro

The Autumn Wind is a Raider
I totally get your point. But... he doesn’t have weapons like Brady does.

Crabtree and Cooper had pro bowls when he did. His numbers were great and they went 12-4. So, when he had weapons he certainly excels.

Cook and Waller were weapons, but obviously having great TD’s doesn’t amount to winning seasons.

Lynch wasn’t a weapon and neither is Jacobs IMO. They keep the drives alive, but they rarely break free for huge gains. Getting a bunch of touchdowns on the goaline is solid, but you get my point.

You do know that Carr did his genealogy report and he’s half black?
Yeah RBs can't carry or elevate a QBs game, that's why it's silly to pay them, or draft them in the First round, at best they take a little slack off of them. All I am saying though is building around a QB is drafting guys like Cooper, drafting guys like Ruggs, and protecting your QB the way we have by giving Carr one of the best OLs every year, so IMO we've built around the guy multiple times already and the results haven't been bad... But he is what he is.

Carr ain't half black man, he's a Trumper who goes to Church every Sunday lol.
Post automatically merged:

The only way I would agree with letting Carr go is if the upgrade is far and away better AND it doesn't cost a ton to get that upgrade. Getting rid of 3 years worth of first round picks AND players likes of Carr, Abrams and Crosby is too much to ask for Rodgers, especially considering Rodgers age. If this was Rodgers who is barely 30, that's one thing. Not everyone drinks unicorn blood like Brady and beats Father Time. Rodgers is gonna be 38 this year. Unless he defies odds like Brady, who is the only player who has ever done what he's doing, Rodgers has 2-3 years of elite play left before he declines like Favre and Brees did.
What is so special about Abrams and Crosby that you don't give them up for Aaron Rodgers?

And, let's chill with the defying odds thing with Brady.. The rules got changed big time, you can't hit the QBs like you used to, and everyone is on HGH. Brees didn't retire because his body was done, he retired because he was 40 and there was nothing left. Rodgers sat out a few years at the start of his career, barely gets hurt, and has access to HGH just like everyone else, if he chose to he could play as long as Brady. Either way, trading for Rodgers, you should expect at least 3 seasons out of the guy, and yeah again I don't think you should unload all of your future first round picks for the guy, but Rodgers makes your team a Superbowl contender, that's worth a lot more than keeping Crosby and Abram...

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
What is so special about Abrams and Crosby that you don't give them up for Aaron Rodgers?
. If you were to say give up Abrams and Crosby for Rodgers, I'm game for that. But that article suggested both those guys plus all the draft picks. Fuck that noise. Crosby is emerging as one of the best defensive players the Raiders have had in years outside of Mack. Abram has a lot of potential if he can stay healthy. I'd give them both up for Rodgers but not including all those picks.

And, let's chill with the defying odds thing with Brady.. The rules got changed big time, you can't hit the QBs like you used to, and everyone is on HGH.
And yet, he's still the only one still playing at that level at that age. You're not gonna find someone who wants to shit on Brady more than me but facts are still facts.

Brees didn't retire because his body was done, he retired because he was 40 and there was nothing left.
Brees was done. Injuries were slowing him down. He was still deadly accurate but that's because he's smart. His long ball looked like garbage this year. =I don't buy the "there's nothing left" argument. There's always something left to prove if you can prove it especially when your team is in contention every year.

Rodgers sat out a few years at the start of his career, barely gets hurt, and has access to HGH just like everyone else, if he chose to he could play as long as Brady. Either way, trading for Rodgers, you should expect at least 3 seasons out of the guy, and yeah again I don't think you should unload all of your future first round picks for the guy, but Rodgers makes your team a Superbowl contender, that's worth a lot more than keeping Crosby and Abram...
I don't care if he sat out the first few years of his career. He still has 13 active seasons under his belt and 38 is still 38. Favre looked lights out that first year in Minnesota at 39. Then his age 40 year he looks like shit all of a sudden. Peyton Manning looked great after his Frankenstein year. He got two more good years and then fell the fuck off the cliff the worst I've ever seen an elite player of his level. Brees didn't fall quite that hard but he looked like shit at times this year. Rodgers isn't there yet but I'm not mortgaging the future hoping he's gonna be more Brady as opposed to Favre, Brees or Manning.

I'm 39, my body has started doing weird shit out of nowhere that it didn't do before and I'm not a guy that gets hit 100 times a year playing football. My fucking foot hurts for no reason whatsoever most every day and I didn't hurt it doing anything. Age declines us all.

If you're saying you can get Rodgers for 3 years and it will cost Carr and a first or Crosby and a first or Abrams and a first, I'm all for it. I'm not taking Rodgers for 3 firsts and anybody. Period. I don't care how good he is. He doesn't play defense. If Rodgers was that damn good, and he's damn good, but the Packers have gotten one ring with him and the Packers never build around him very well. The same happens to the Raiders if you give up the farm to get him on board, not to mention he wants Russell Wilson, Patrick Mahomes money. There goes a chunk of the cap too. It doesn't work when Carr is playing great football and you keep all those assets.

Afro

Dude, Rodgers just had an MVP caliber season, can we not talk about him being done until he actually shows signs of it? You are just looking at age and going "He's gonna be done soon!" And Crosby is NOT emerging as one of the best Raider defenders we've had in years, did you already forget about Khalil Mack? I love Crosby, and I guess after saying this I am gonna get labeled as a Crosby hater like I am a Carr hater, but the guy isn't even a starter bro, he's a situational pass rusher, and yeah he is one of the best SITUATIONAL pass rushers this team has had in a long time, but he's not even a 3 down DE. Ferrell was rated higher than he was last season before Ferrell got hurt.

And we are not going to give up mad picks for Rodgers, so I think we can get that out of our heads. We've been attached to Wilson, Watson, and now Rodgers, when the asking price for Watson got too high, we bowed out, so if the trade does happen don't expect it to be for a million draft picks. But again though, if the price is reasonable, and Carr should make it so, and the Packers are willing to trade Rodgers for something that isn't 3 first round picks, Raiders should bite. Forget about the future, Rodgers can win you a Superbowl right fucking now.

Situational rusher seems too harsh for Crosby, he isn't that bad against the run, but better used as a pass rusher behind a more complete DE.

Last edited:

GingerPowerBottom

mortality, ka, and the Tower
No way Rogers wants to compete against Patrick Mahomes. I guess he could hope for a wild card spot? That would admirable of a man his age.

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
Dude, Rodgers just had an MVP caliber season, can we not talk about him being done until he actually shows signs of it? You are just looking at age and going "He's gonna be done soon!"
Yea, he did. But the debate isn't what he did last season. It's about giving up the farm and gambling on what he might or might not do if you leverage everything to get him. I'm still referencing the crazy asking price of Carr, Crosby and/or Abrams plus the three draft picks for a guy that may or may not even be playing 3 years from now. I don't think Rodgers is that crazy of an improvement over Carr where it makes sense to pull the trigger on that kind of move especially when he's going to want a top 3 contract which further hamstrings your team and building around him. Again, the Packers haven't built around him and they've gotten 1 ring out of it. The Raiders are no better off than the Packers in terms of building around him if you have to give up all that shit and then still pay him all that money.

And Crosby is NOT emerging as one of the best Raider defenders we've had in years, did you already forget about Khalil Mack?
No, I clearly said "outside of Mack."

I don't care what is being said about Ferrell vs. Crosby. In terms of whose name is called more often for getting into the backfield and stirring shit up, it's Crosby more times than it is Ferrell, and I like Ferrell a lot.

No way Rogers wants to compete against Patrick Mahomes. I guess he could hope for a wild card spot? That would admirable of a man his age.
The Broncos and Raiders are the two spots he prefers to be traded to.

Palma

I am chaos
Yeah RBs can't carry or elevate a QBs game, that's why it's silly to pay them, or draft them in the First round, at best they take a little slack off of them. All I am saying though is building around a QB is drafting guys like Cooper, drafting guys like Ruggs, and protecting your QB the way we have by giving Carr one of the best OLs every year, so IMO we've built around the guy multiple times already and the results haven't been bad... But he is what he is.

Carr ain't half black man, he's a Trumper who goes to Church every Sunday lol.

And, let's chill with the defying odds thing with Brady.. The rules got changed big time, you can't hit the QBs like you used to, and everyone is on HGH. Brees didn't retire because his body was done, he retired because he was 40 and there was nothing left. Rodgers sat out a few years at the start of his career, barely gets hurt, and has access to HGH just like everyone else, if he chose to he could play as long as Brady. Either way, trading for Rodgers, you should expect at least 3 seasons out of the guy, and yeah again I don't think you should unload all of your future first round picks for the guy, but Rodgers makes your team a Superbowl contender, that's worth a lot more than keeping Crosby and Abram...
Dude! He’s that one black guy that voted for Trump. I can’t believe you would diss a black Qb like that.

Afro

Dude! He’s that one black guy that voted for Trump. I can’t believe you would diss a black Qb like that.
If it comes out that Carr is half Jamaican and he starts speaking full patois like Chet Hanks, then we'll talk. Otherwise, he ain't safe

CA_Gas Bag

If it comes out that Carr is half Jamaican and he starts speaking full patois like Chet Hanks, then we'll talk. Otherwise, he ain't safe
"MY JAMAICAN NANNY AIN'T HERE? THAT'S FUCKED UP DAD!"

Any time I hear/read the name Chet Hanks, I just see him looking at Tom shouting, "Yo dad, pimpin' is as pimpin' does!"

Then Tom silently closes the door while Chet tries to write another rap album. He walks by Colin's room, which has been left spotless like he perished in a car accident years prior.

Anyway, there's always a risk with picking up a QB who's closer to the end of his career, whether by trade or free agency. Peyton and Brady are the two recent successful examples through free agency I can think of, though Peyton certainly wasn't why the Broncos won.

It wouldn't be the worst trade if the Raiders shipped Carr and two first-rounders for Rodgers. Three first-rounders and Carr would be excessive, and I don't think it would end up as another Herschel Walker type deal.

Beardown98

Here’s the thing about QBs falling off a Cliff due to age. They all lose the deep ball when this happens.

Brees being the exception because well he never had a good deep ball.

Peyton is a prime example as he at one time had plus arm strength. He was never a Mahomes or Stafford type arm but he could make every NFL throw with relative ease. We all saw what happened when it was just a bunch of wounded ducks getting thrown around his last handful of years. Montana at the end comes to mind to but he also had a serious arm injury so I’ll take that as more injury than age.

Big Ben at the end of last season arm was shot too. He can’t even come close to making the throws he used to due to age, injuries and all the nonconsensual sex

Brady has lost a lot on his deep ball in the past 3-4 years, especially when playing in cold weather. He’s still got enough to get it done and moving to a warm weather team in a division with two domes and two warm weather outdoor stadiums wasn’t just a happy coincidence.

Rodgers still makes stupid, unbelievable throws consistently. His arm is still one of the best in the game. Unless he gets hurt a bunch, I don’t see him falling off anytime soon and we could see a Brady like consistency for sometime to come.

Dimson

Your tears don't fall...

New Vikings QB, ladies and gents.

Last edited:

Beardown98

From what I’m reading and hearing of the Rodgers situation. If the Raiders make the move to get Rodgers, the Packers do not want Carr in return. This means there would have to be a third team to get involved to take Carr. That makes the deal a lot harder to make happen.

If Rodgers moves it would probably be to Denver out of the teams he supposedly listed as where he would be ok with being traded to. which would be even worse for the Raiders.

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
From what I’m reading and hearing of the Rodgers situation. If the Raiders make the move to get Rodgers, the Packers do not want Carr in return. This means there would have to be a third team to get involved to take Carr. That makes the deal a lot harder to make happen.

If Rodgers moves it would probably be to Denver out of the teams he supposedly listed as where he would be ok with being traded to. which would be even worse for the Raiders.
Carr would have been worth a first rounder pre-draft. Don’t know about now.

Pretty dumb of the Packers to not want Carr. He’s a young veteran QB on an inexpensive contract and he’s proven himself. Jordan Love hasn’t proven shit.

Kevo

SMOKE BOMB!
Carr would have been worth a first rounder pre-draft. Don’t know about now.

Pretty dumb of the Packers to not want Carr. He’s a young veteran QB on an inexpensive contract and he’s proven himself. Jordan Love hasn’t proven shit.
Shut your mouth, Jordan Love is an amazing quarterback like Jared Goff and Kurt Cousins. I hope those three play in the nfc north for decades to come.

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
Love was seen as project QB and Carr only has 2 years left. Carr makes sense for them.
Carr is a franchise QB. He would be a steal for the Packers considering he is much cheaper than Rodgers and they would get other assets too. Fucking stupid of the Packers to not want Carr.

strife

I
Brees didn't have Michael Thomas all season and was injured, the Saints offense isn't even built around the long ball anyways, dude still has it IMO. Think we've also seen time and again trying to build around a RB falls short, guys that come to mind are AP, Jamaal Charles, LT, Barry Sanders, and most recently Saquon and Zeke.

Last edited:

Beardown98

Brees didn't have Michael Thomas all season and was injured, the Saints offense isn't even built around the long ball anyways, dude still has it IMO. Think we've also seen time and again trying to build around a RB falls short, guys that come to mind are AP, Jamaal Charles, LT, Barry Sanders, and most recently Saquon and Zeke.
Brees hadn’t thrown a ball that traveled in the air over 35 yards since 2017. He’s also never been a flame throwing deep ball guy. Even coming out of college one of his knocks was his deep ball accuracy and fundamentals (would side arm the deep passes). He’s smart, he’s accurate, he moves in the pocket really well to find throwing lanes and evade the rush, and he could put some zip on the short and intermediate throws. He was never a plus arm strength guy, he could make all the throws you need to make in his prime, so his arm strength wasn’t a negative just not plus either if you understand what I’m getting at here. Don’t get me wrong here I’m not saying he could never throw the deep ball and he even led the league a few times in passes over 20 yards that’s says that his arm was more than up for the task to sling it deep. It just hasn’t been that way for a while.

The Saint offense didn’t throw it deep consistently for the past handful of years because they couldn’t do it. Now last year when they needed that deep touchdown throw to be made Winston came in and threw a great pass for a TD. That should speak at least somewhat to why they didn’t throw it deep often. As they would have to take Brees out and put someone else in tipping their hand to what they are doing.

Also here is a good article talking about his arm strength at the end of his career.

Users who are viewing this thread

UFC Vegas 26: Rodriguez vs. Waterson

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

The trick to flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
spring for the real Parmesan-Reggiano- desecrating a five-hour ragu with stuff from the green can would not only be disastrously counter-productive and sad, but borderline immoral.
So getting snipped today. Gonna sit in the basement game and enjoy bags of frozen peas
Stand aside to better men, or blaze a trail and become one.
The mind-killer fears reality

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PaulieGMMA
Top Bottom