2020 NFL Season (1 Viewer)

Miz

mortality, ka, and the Tower
Worth every penny. Even if he only wins one more. Hell, even if he doesn’t. Should be a lot of fun. Now we just have to hope there is a season.

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
The Chiefs better hope Mahomes stays healthy and that professional sports go back to normal so that those tv rights money pushes the salary cap up and up. A 12 year deal in football is insanity from a team perspective. His injury guarantee is $140 million. So that's roughly 25 percent of the total deal.

Dimson

Your tears don't fall...
Looks like the floor on Mahomes deal is about 427 mil lol
Could be worth over 500 mil. 18% of the salary cap is all his.
Post automatically merged:

So what do you guys think the Redskins will change their names to. My money is on Red Tails.

Last edited:

Miz

I got to be in the same room as one of those Tuskegee guys. One of them came to a school I worked at. Probably the most bad ass person I ever got to meet.

Palma

I am chaos
The Chiefs better hope Mahomes stays healthy and that professional sports go back to normal so that those tv rights money pushes the salary cap up and up. A 12 year deal in football is insanity from a team perspective. His injury guarantee is $140 million. So that's roughly 25 percent of the total deal.
Actually, it's very smart. Most long term contracts are 5 years. He's gonna be holding out in 6 years from now when the top qb's are making way more. $45 million a season in 5 years from now will probably be on the low side for a top qb.

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
Actually, it's very smart. Most long term contracts are 5 years. He's gonna be holding out in 6 years from now when the top qb's are making way more. $45 million a season in 5 years from now will probably be on the low side for a top qb.
Latest numbers are saying he could make 503 million on this deal if he plays the entire 12 years.

It could work out great for the Chiefs if he stays healthy, they can balance the cap, and he stays great. But damn, if any one of those things don’t fall into place, that’s a big gamble. It’s definitely interesting and if any player has earned it, it’s him.

Kevo

SMOKE BOMB!
The bears have a pro bowl pass rusher they'd probably trade for a couple of first round draft picks.

Afro

The Autumn Wind is a Raider
Latest numbers are saying he could make 503 million on this deal if he plays the entire 12 years.

It could work out great for the Chiefs if he stays healthy, they can balance the cap, and he stays great. But damn, if any one of those things don’t fall into place, that’s a big gamble. It’s definitely interesting and if any player has earned it, it’s him.

Gamble? They won a SB, what gamble exactly? I think you might be looking at this the wrong way, the Chiefs are not in cap hell, because they have Andy Reid, and unlike BB, Andy Reid knows how to draft. Chiefs are already set at the most imporant, and most protected position with possibly the best talent in the NFL, and an all-time contender. You might have to say goodbye to Tyreek Hill, really not that big of a deal, that might sound crazy but you are not allowed to touch the WRs in the NFL anymore, and the Chiefs are loaded with talented guys. In future drafts they can easily find a guy that could fill the Hill void, maybe not in that playmaking capacity that he does, but when you have Mahomes and Kelce it's already overkill. 12 years of Mahomes, and within that they could rotate out at least two different sets of rookie contracts, with guys that'll play at a high level and come at a low cost, the contract looks fucking insane because it is but the market is gonna continue to go up, I don't think they are taking a risk at all. And like I said, they already won a SB...

FrankieButNotEdgar

Site Donor
Gamble? They won a SB, what gamble exactly?
They won a Super Bowl before they paid him. That's not something to count towards the future of the contract but absolutely why he was rewarded with such a massive deal. Dude absolutely deserved the contract. But you can never say it's not a gamble to invest in a player for 12 years. Any long term investment is a gamble whether it's business or sports. I guess it's going to depend on the out clauses which I haven't read many. A-Rod comes to mind and I wanna say Giancarlo Stanton comes to mind if that's who I'm thinking of. Both signed, what 10 year deals and then towards the end, the team had to wait it out. I know baseball is different and in the NFL, nothing is guaranteed for that long but that's also why I said it depends on the out clauses. It's great for both sides as long as Mahomes continues on his current path and there's no reason to believe he's gonna slow down. I've never seen any player do what he's done to this point. Russell Wilson is close with winning a Super Bowl within his first few seasons. Roethlisberger too but Roethlisberger wasn't the reason the Steelers won in that first Super Bowl like Mahomes was.

I did read somewhere that of the entirety of the contract, it's essentially really a 5 year, 183 million dollar deal with the remainder being something that looks good in the media but will absolutely be re-done when the time comes, after the 2025 season.

Afro

The Autumn Wind is a Raider
They won a Super Bowl before they paid him. That's not something to count towards the future of the contract but absolutely why he was rewarded with such a massive deal. Dude absolutely deserved the contract. But you can never say it's not a gamble to invest in a player for 12 years. I guess it's going to depend on the out clauses which I haven't read many. A-Rod comes to mind and I wanna say Giancarlo Stanton comes to mind if that's who I'm thinking of. Both signed, what 10 year deals and then towards the end, the team had to wait it out. I know baseball is different and in the NFL, nothing is guaranteed for that long but that's also why I said it depends on the out clauses. It's great for both sides as long as Mahomes continues on his current path and there's no reason to believe he's gonna slow down. I've never seen any player do what he's done to this point. Russell Wilson is close with winning a Super Bowl within his first few seasons. Roethlisberger too but Roethlisberger wasn't the reason the Steelers won in that first Super Bowl like Mahomes was.
Okay maybe I am not saying it's a gamble because that's a given, every contract in a sense is a gamble, and I agree having only 25 non-GTD is something to question, but again they already won a Super Bowl, idk what future you are talking about here.. and I know the cheating Patriots may have made it seem that there's an easy blueprint to win multiple SBs, but they are outliers, and cheaters, and the NFL changed the rules to benefit them, these same rules benefit the Chiefs, so there's that but I certainly see why a team who has already won something that takes about a decade for any team to win would switch to a strategy of rewarding the guy who won the superbowl for them, can win more superbowls for them long-term and relying on the draft in the future to build their teams over FA, which most teams do anyway regardless of their cap situation. Like I said, this contract hurts the team as far as retaining other key players on the roster now, but as far as the future, that's all dependent on how they draft, and Andy Reid has a pretty good track record.

Also like to add I would not blame the Chiefs for being optimistic about injury, the rules basically make it so you have to pull a red flag attached to these QBs hips in order to tackle them these days anyways

Miz

It’s also cool that Mahomes seems like a good guy. It’s just great after all the years of watching my football teams (Missouri mainly) lose the big games that now we have the Michael Jordon of football on our team. I’m excited for Missouri’s new coach. We will never win a championship, but if every few years we win 10 games and play for an SEC championship (that we won’t win) I’d be happy. Shit, I just want to be bowl eligible.

Kevo

SMOKE BOMB!
It’s also cool that Mahomes seems like a good guy. It’s just great after all the years of watching my football teams (Missouri mainly) lose the big games that now we have the Michael Jordon of football on our team. I’m excited for Missouri’s new coach. We will never win a championship, but if every few years we win 10 games and play for an SEC championship (that we won’t win) I’d be happy. Shit, I just want to be bowl eligible.
It's hard to have that voice, and be a bad guy.

Beardown98

Post automatically merged:

@Beardown98 when was the last time you went to a game at soldier field?
Oh its been a minute, 2016 Bears VS Niners nose bleeds, heavy snow, no passing yards in the first half by either team and maybe not even a first down. Kap benched in the 4th. The game was a snooze fest and was soaked to the bone by the end of it, would not recommend.

You?

Kevo

SMOKE BOMB!
Oh its been a minute, 2016 Bears VS Niners nose bleeds, heavy snow, no passing yards in the first half by either team and maybe not even a first down. Kap benched in the 4th. The game was a snooze fest and was soaked to the bone by the end of it, would not recommend.

You?
Playoff game vs eagles.

If I'm going to a sporting event, it's generally a Cubs game. It's cheaper easier to get to and the weather is usually better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Kano wrote on Karen's profile.
Are you the Karen from the internet?
I'll come running to tie your shoes.
God damn your righteous hand
I was talking like two hands knocking, yelling "let me in, let me in, please come out."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmithCracks