1. It’s not a thirst for blood, not at all—but an astonishment, an appreciation for the capabilities of a human that bares his soul naked for the art of combat using strictly his body. That’s entertainment. "UFC Fight Night 139: Korean Zombie vs. Rodríguez" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 7:00 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

You just got Served. Do you Plex?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Jager Meister Hunter, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Jager Meister Hunter

Jager Meister Hunter Well-Known Member

Just set this up. I'm barely scratching the surface however. I'm using my little msi laptop and set up the rokus with it so far.

I need to rig up a sytem with my external hard drives so I can have access to all my stuff.

Anyone else use a plex server?

2. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

i don't use plex, but i'm familiar with it, and really like it. i have a laptop networked to my pc, and connected via hdmi to my big tv, so i just use the regular desktop so it doesn't interfere with my local machine, but had i not started using that, i'd be using plex for sure.

also, i use a WDTVLive in my office and another one in the bedroom. i don' think plex can utilize wdtv. but i'm not 100% sure.

i'm actually a little jealous. i'd like to use it, just no need

3. Surfrock66

Surfrock66 The Tirade Masta

If you have an existing DLNA setup or media library, don't even bother with Plex. Just try to get it to recognize a MMA folder. The folder structure is so rigid it's unusable...and it won't work with a separate DLNA server on the same machine.

4. Jager Meister Hunter

Jager Meister Hunter Well-Known Member

Sadly I don't know what WDTLive is.

- - - - - added to post - - - - -

Not sure about separate DLNA servers, (I'd have to know what as first, haha. ).

I know there's a few cats I work with that have talked about sharing each other's servers to check out media.

5. Tapout

Tapout Bringing Sexy Back Site Donor

Anyone use Plex??? I'm sure the software is better for 2018.

Does it slow your computer down to a crawl? Can it handle big movie files while streaming? Any glitches?