1. The raw hunk of meat that used to be my enemy makes a sound, and I know where the mouth is. And I think the word he's trying to say is 'please'. Pity, not vengeance sends my fist flying into his skull. "UFC 227: Dillashaw vs Garbrandt II" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims start at 6:15 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
The books are open. Get your bets in now for UFC 227: Dillashaw vs. Garbrandt II.

WWE (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by TriangleSmoke, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

Now Cena has no shot at Mania. Sad day.

2. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Yes, he won't be in the show now. For sure.

Dimson and disposableassassin like this.
  3. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Fedorlei Gomipierre The IQ Poster Site Donor

Uncle Fester Taker vs. Male Pattern Wahlberg incoming 3...2...1...
    --- Post Added -- Mar 11, 2018, ---
    For an absolutely, 100% superfluous show that really had as much need to exist as Shane McMahon, I pretty much enjoyed the card.

Main event was the million mile overbooked sprint of a schmoz as expected and everybody was in the right place at the right time. It's weird, Cena's work is getting looser and looser with time and Ziggler's cosplaying HBK is what it is, but outside of AJ I might've actually been most impressed with Corbin in this match. I think he's a bozo in a lot of ways and he was obviously pushed way too hard too soon(but he's been training for years, so that's a him problem) and he's limited as a promo and worker, but his main spots look so badass and something's clicked in him when it comes to his confidence in certain components of his work. He 100% needs a Jim Mitchell manager to cover his weaknesses and he shouldn't be working NJPW-style, but there's a fluidity in his big moves that I kinda dig. He's still not as good as Punishment Martinez and that's a burial of the PC because Corbin should be something of their prototype, but...IDK, NOT AWFUL.

Only match aside from the throwaway women's tag was the concept of Orton/Roode since babyface Roode is a death sentence and they worked a cold baby/baby match that didn't have any heat.

Nice to see them agenting Harper and Rowan (I refuse to call them BB lol) not only as a counterfeit War Machine, but a counterfeit KES, christ almighty lol. Tag match was fun.

Opener was fairly solid, but Nak is saving himself for his "red light special" match at Mania, so he wasn't even breaking a sweat here. Goddamn Rusev is gonna be another one of those guys we'll look back on in a few years and shake are heads, isn't he?

Oh, and goddamn is the SD! commentary team a zillion times better when you don't have Cole and the third voice talking out of their asses. Saxton isn't horrible, Graves is spotty since he tries too hard to get himself over and facefuck dude is a vanilla egg white omelet, but far less awful. TV production is still the dirt worst with Dunn's stupid rapid cuts and the shooting of the work, since they miss so many spots and look really bad compared to the far more barebones NJPW production crew.

disposableassassin likes this.
  4. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

Didn’t get to start till late, but while I don’t see a reason for jobbing out Roode right now, that was probably the first time I didn’t see the RKO coming with the recipient coming off the top rope since I first saw it 5 or 6 years ago.
    --- Post Added -- Mar 12, 2018, ---
    Wouldn’t it have been great if UFC played Paul Daley’s music after he tried to post fight sucker punch Koscheck?
    Am I nuts, or is Harper looking lean as fuck? Maybe it’s the attire, but he looks like he’s lost all his belly fat. He was never a fat guy, but he always had a bit of a gut and always looked soft. Looked really tight tonight, though.

5. disposableassassin

disposableassassin PHASE 2 Site Donor

6. Trodden

Trodden Talk louder, I cant hear you

what happened?

did he drunkenly climb a ladder?

disposableassassin likes this.
  7. disposableassassin

disposableassassin PHASE 2 Site Donor

Tables, ladders, and pain killers

Dimson and Trodden like this.
  8. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

No, just drunkenly drive a car

9. Trodden

thats weird

I always saw him as more of a future train wreck, not a car wreck

10. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Past trainwreck, possibly being upgraded to current trainwreck.

11. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

Maybe this is all just part of his transition to Brother Nero???

jesusatemyhotdog likes this.
  12. Fedorlei Gomipierre

The Jeff deal makes me sad. Drunk driving is a POS move but I've got a soft spot in my heart for him since I think he's a good-hearted person and genuinely think he's just got a lot of pain management issues which he had used various crutches to self medicate and the drinking has all the signs of compensating for not doing stronger stuff.

I remember hearing Sean Waltman talk about how Michael Hayes was always volunteering highspots for the Hardys & Edge and Christian in those ladder/TLC matches and basically shortening their careers because he didn't give a fuck, and when you think that of the six main stars of those ladder matches, two retired incredibly prematurely, the two that did the least just got fat and out of shape and the Hardys both ended up with serious substance abuse issues - and Jeff was probably booked in more of those matches than any of them(back when the expectation was unsafe bumps) and he's followed by Edge, who likely can't watch a live tennis event.

TBH, it's funny but Jeff Hardy happens to be one of my initial reasons for my overarching "Fuck JR" mentality, since when Jeff was initially visibility having issues in 2002-2003 (back when JR still had talent relations stroke) and was a train wreck the first time and left, JR was so fucking cavalier and dismissive of the role those matches and the WWE grind played in guys' problems and was basically like, "We book them in a TLC match but I don't tell them to drink a six pack of beer in their hotel room afterwards" and I've always been of the mentality that you probably shouldn't have put the immense backstage pressure on those guys in those matches to begin with and should've taken more care of the talent, since they weren't in a position to say no.
    Tweet of the Night:

My identical thoughts too lol:

Trodden likes this.
  13. Trodden

is he related to Franco Nero?

[​IMG]

14. Fedorlei Gomipierre

That guy fucks!
    [​IMG]

Kevo and Trodden like this.
  15. Trodden

[​IMG]

Kevo and Fedorlei Gomipierre like this.
  16. Fedorlei Gomipierre

That's great!

But if we're being picky, mine's a shot from Keoma, which was one of the Django character knockoffs Franco made in the '70s, but it's fucking dope. It's no Mannaja, which IMO is the best hard-R spaghetti of that era
    Also, holy shit Ishimori quit NOAH and wants to freelance and we know might get fresh matchups with him in NJPW, oooooor his buddy KENTA is setting the stage to bring him in to the revamped 205 Live and their new tag division.
    Bryan's a dweeb, but he's not wrong:

Kevo, Dimson and Trodden like this.
  17. Trodden

I was going off the 'this guy fucks' line from Silicon Valley

[​IMG]

Kevo and Fedorlei Gomipierre like this.
  18. Fedorlei Gomipierre

, , ,

Trodden likes this.