1. The raw hunk of meat that used to be my enemy makes a sound, and I know where the mouth is. And I think the word he's trying to say is 'please'. Pity, not vengeance sends my fist flying into his skull. "UFC 227: Dillashaw vs Garbrandt II" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims start at 6:15 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
The books are open. Get your bets in now for UFC 227: Dillashaw vs. Garbrandt II.

WWE (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by TriangleSmoke, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

Really? I remember her being particularly good in her day

Fedorlei Gomipierre likes this.
  2. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Fedorlei Gomipierre The IQ Poster Site Donor

I mean, I really don't want to get into the validity or voting criteria for the WWEHOF because it's a total work, but even in that loopy Vince vacuum, I can't imagine anybody pointing to the roughly three year WWE in-ring of Ivory being anything noteworthy aside from her being a "good hand" and even then, she'd rate in comparison to the bikini models and not as an actual worker lol.

This would be like, if every Cooperstown class HAD TO have a player represented from every team at every position every year, after a while you're going to start running out of actual legit people. Their weird, easy to identify codas and token spots are so cringe.
    --- Post Added -- Feb 12, 2018, ---
    Oh. Oh, dear lord.

Hey Bayley’s in her hometown. Insert Jerry Seinfeld sarcastic “Oh, this’ll turn out well”
    Goddamn Bayley is booked to be suuuuuuch a fucking geek ffs lol
    Lmao they had her win in her hometown and THATS the swerve lol. She worked the whole match selling her elbow and does her elbow drop, she can’t win even when she wins

disposableassassin, Dimson and Kevo like this.
  3. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

She's no Ivory

4. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Lol, Ivory would’ve tried to fight the writer, she’s a loon and eventually just let herself cash checks when RTC ended
    Woof these new WWE onscreen graphics are briz. Just never cease to cringe at these Vince/Dunn kicks where they’re shoved down everyone’s throats and they’re never over and it takes a good four months past expiration before they clue in lol

5. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

ESPN just found out Ivory was being inducted and tweeted out a congratulations to Victoria.

6. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Gift that keeps on giving

7. jesusatemyhotdog

jesusatemyhotdog Welcome to the machine.

8. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Well-Known Member

If everyone kicks out of Cenas finisher is it even a finisher.

Dimson and Fedorlei Gomipierre like this.
  9. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

Only when it is used to bury a talent who got over on their own.

10. Fedorlei Gomipierre

So, for an actual HOF that has standards and voting criteria based on merit and success in the industry (historical significance, drawing power, overall talent), that would be a no for Haku even though I love him.

But for WWEHOF, there are zero standards aside from if you're feuding with Vince irl, if they can merch you out, if you're their yearly token visible minority/woman or if they can use you as a current roster tie-in, so sure why not lol.

They also have weird contracts for HOF inductees under their legends deals that restrict what outside dates they can do and the pay for the HOF/Legends deal itself isn't great. So there've been guys who aren't marks for themselves who'd rather make more money on non-WWE OK'd signings and conventions, so there are some moving parts that a lot of people don't factor in. It's probably relaxed in recent years, but I remember guys going into the WWE HOF not being able to do the WrestleCon signings WM weekend, even though that convention pays a shitload more than Axxess, so there are weird WWE things.
    Crews better get his shit in now, cuz when Lashley comes back, Vince is gonna book him as Bobby's Swaggle.

Kevo likes this.
  11. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

I really can’t wait for Lashley to come back. I hope they pay Brock and keep him around, if only for that feud

12. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Well-Known Member

I read that haku bit someones nose off, and was a bad ass.

13. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Dimson, Kevo and disposableassassin like this.
  14. Dimson

15. disposableassassin

disposableassassin PHASE 2 Site Donor

Double pinned by two guys that he isn't even feuding with and we all know he's not winning that feud he is in either.

16. Dimson

17. Fedorlei Gomipierre

18. jesusatemyhotdog

jesusatemyhotdog Welcome to the machine.

This is awesome. Especially Iron Mike Sharpe - Maple Leaf Wrestling's greatest jobber:

19. Dimson

20. Fedorlei Gomipierre

There are some really compelling academic articles related to domestic violence in professional sports which suggest that the "zero tolerance" policy a lot of these leagues have could actually undermine DV victims and hinder future reports by spouses/significant others, when factoring in financial dependence on the alleged abuser as the primary breadwinner(think NFL wives for instance) and the awareness that contact with LE could turn everything in their lives upside-down on top of the very nuanced and complicated relationship between abuser and victim- one that is never as cut and dry as "leave him" when accounting for all the moving parts(co-dependence, children, fear of unknown, stigma just to name a few) .

It's so messy from jump, but these situations tried outside of courts and LE are quite precarious because taking the moral high ground and looking for the PR/optics win in these situations is on the surface easy, but it fundamentally misunderstands that by cutting off a primary source of income could be grounds for a lot of women to think twice about reporting, which has the potential to place them in a position of "double victimization", whereby they're abused initially, and then they have to live with the strains and stresses of the fear/risk of suddenly losing their homes/financial security(again, this is especially so in big money leagues).

disposableassassin likes this.