1. Right or wrong, it's very pleasant to break something from time to time. "UFC 224: Nunes vs. Pennington" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims started at 6:15 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

WWE (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by TriangleSmoke, Jan 3, 2012.

1. disposableassassin

disposableassassin I'd like to introduce you to my replacement Site Donor

Elias' gimmick is straight fire but his ringwork is more like a dumpster fire.

Fedorlei Gomipierre likes this.
  2. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

Best way to do it is to take him to a live show.

Miz and disposableassassin like this.
  3. disposableassassin

And preferably one that isn't recorded for TV.

4. unforgivn

unforgivn Nunquam Fidelis

WWE house shows are actually quite good. The wrestlers are a lot more free to play with the audience, and there's just less bullshit in general.

5. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

What does House show mean?

6. jesusatemyhotdog

jesusatemyhotdog Welcome to the machine.

Non televised event. They only make money from the 'house receipts,' or paid attendance .

disposableassassin, Dimson and Miz like this.
  7. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Fedorlei Gomipierre The IQ Poster Site Donor

They originally brought him up because, no joke, they liked that he kinda looks like Randy Savage. His act is getting over because he's playing obnoxious heel and those TV crowds are basically obnoxious heels themselves, so they tend to gravitate lol. He's all show and no go as far as in-ring talent goes because he does have some sizzle to his act itself, it's just that he's also obliged to wrestle, which isn't good enough to be a top caliber guy.

That being said, he's still young-ish and sometimes it takes guys a couple of years to get their act down as an overall performer/worker and it's unfortunate, but that usually happens too late and Vince bails. Fandango comes to mind and then there's McIntyre and a guy like Chris Masters, who was pushed to the moon too early, shattered Stevie Richards' face and years later, got much better in-ring but that ship had sailed and he was slotted.
    --- Post Added -- Feb 6, 2018, ---
    One word of caution when it comes to WWE, be careful about who is advertised ahead of time and check back the week before the show, since they're really careless in promoting wrestlers who aren't on the card because they're injured, had travel issues or they've pulled them to go work another show or they've simply pulled a bait and switch. They'll advertise talent a few months out when tickets go on sale like Cena or back in the day, Taker, and people buy the tickets to see them and night of the show they pull the "card is subject to change" thing and kids can get disappointed.

I've heard that the Smackdown houseshows have been really good this year since they have a lot of really talented guys who are given a lot of time to actually have matches and can try things out. RAW is running with a lot of smoke and mirrors with Braun Strowman on top and tons of injuries, so discerning who is going to be on the card might help ensure you don't have to sit through a lot of filler gaga.
    This is a must-read thread, Allan rocks:

FFS Cody having hisself quite the fan exchanges on Twitter. So much about him makes me want to pull for him, but he says a lot of stuff that's just so silly and unintelligent(or rather, poorly thoughtout) and he comes off like such a goddamn goof.

disposableassassin and Miz like this.
  8. TriangleSmoke

TriangleSmoke Motherfucker of the Century Site Donor

Lesnar/Strowman Heat:
    Show Spoiler

There is massive heat between Brock Lesnar and Braun Strowman stemming from their match at the Royal Rumble. Gifs of them stiffing each other went viral but Lesnar often laughs that stuff off after the match and what's done is done.

In this instance though, Lesnar and Strowman had a heated confrontation backstage after the match and had to be separated by WWE officials.

Lesnar told WWE he would never work with Strowman again, although that may not even matter if Lesnar moves forward with his plan to leave WWE to return to the Ultimate Fighting Championship. As things stand now, Lesnar will be losing the Universal Championship to Roman Reigns at WrestleMania, sitting out his no compete, and then fighting for UFC in the Summer.

While WWE does want to resign him, they're no longer willing to guarantee the $5 million a year downside that he's become accustomed to and Lesnar isn't willing to take any kind of pay cut. He's made it clear that for him to even consider staying, it would have to be at this current rate. WWE feels he's run out of opponents and isn't worth the money anymore. They're also very skeptical that he would do more than one more fight in UFC and hope they can resign him at a reduced rate after his return to UFC.

9. Fedorlei Gomipierre

It should really be worth noting that Brock and his people are masters of playing both sides of the fence to secure the biggest financial offer with maximum gains/minimal risks and in some ways, Brock's become the most protected/valued talent in WWE since the end of the Rock/Austin era expressly because they simply can't afford to mistreat him with his limited schedule and mercurial temperament.

Brock's the ultimate "worker" in the sense that he's not a mark for being a star or getting respect from "the boys" and is only in this for the biggest payoffs and taking care of his own business first and foremost, and he's one of few that can leverage WWE against somebody else and it actually mean something. He can make double his WWE guarantee in one UFC fight with his contract and PPV points. WWE knows that and there's still this weird Vince-ism where he won't want to lose a big name to another company, even UFC, so there's this odd conundrum where Vince'll want the toy so the other guy can't have him. And he'll want him even more if he signs with UFC again instead and will pay out the ass to bring him back under another contract if he can't tie him up now and we'll start this up all over again.

Honestly, the more you treat Vince and the WWE like you couldn't care any less, the more he'll want you. Brock'll end up making more money than everybody combined outside of Cena and it's just really shrewd business in a business full of carnies and conmen.

As for Braun, I consider everything in wrestling to be a work until otherwise further elaborated on at a later date and from what I've seen and heard, Brock wouldn't be putting Braun over as well as he has if there was too much heat(see: Ambrose), and other than a heat of the moment blowup over the potatoes, I can't see Brock cutting off a moneymaking feud before the well is milked dry and he gets his $$$.
    --- Post Added -- Feb 7, 2018, ---
    "Long Term Booking"

disposableassassin likes this.
  10. unforgivn

unforgivn Nunquam Fidelis

They've changed their minds about Corbin how many times since then? At least twice.

11. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

How awesome would a double turn have been for the Rusev/Roode match last night? For fucks sake I could book that feud from now until mania in my sleep.

12. disposableassassin

13. Fedorlei Gomipierre

It was right there for the taking, eh?

I mean, they could've even started reuniting Rusev and Lana as part of the act by simply having Roode smarmily hitting on her backstage and then during the match, he starts to work dirty and with the fans begging to cheer Rusev, they'd be off to the races with him AND they'd be able to save the awful babyface run of Roode, since he's 100% better working heel.
    This makes sense:

This is probably the worst thing I've been seeing all week for about a billion reasonable reasons and it's not even close lol. Needless to say, Titus O'Neil's father of the year award sure is safe AF.

disposableassassin likes this.
  14. TriangleSmoke

TriangleSmoke Motherfucker of the Century Site Donor

Apparently it was all good and smooth sailing until Braun kneed him in the face. We'll see what happens.

15. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

So apparently HHH is now in charge of 205 Live. I really hope that is true.

Kevo likes this.
  16. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Me too. Isn't that such a strange thing to say?

Fuck just let the flippy dudes do flippy things. It's not that fucking complicated

17. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Last night's 205 was really great, with two matches that felt far superior to the usual style of work they've made these guys do.

It also gave us this hilarious mini-gaffe from Roddy lol:

Dimson and disposableassassin like this.
  18. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

Is Roddy full time on 205 now?

19. Fedorlei Gomipierre

The NXT and UK guys are supposedly just being brought into the tournament to fill it out. But if you want a great "workrate" show, they definitely have the depth and talent of guys who are just twiddling their thumbs and waiting around.

--- Post Added -- Feb 8, 2018, ---

20. jesusatemyhotdog

jesusatemyhotdog Welcome to the machine.

Sherri was great.

Fedorlei Gomipierre and Kevo like this.