1. It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience. Discuss: "UFC 220: Miocic vs. Ngannou" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 7:00 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We've created a backup site in case the forum experiences any technical difficulties. Please bookmark the following addresses: www.reddit.com/r/MMASPOT/ and/or www.nm.reddit.com/r/MMASPOT/. All urgent announcements will be posted there in the event that the main site goes down. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice

WWE (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by TriangleSmoke, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

The date is Sept 1, I thought Bryan won't be available that soon?

2. jesusatemyhotdog

jesusatemyhotdog Welcome to the machine.

Anybody think Ho Kogan comes back for Raw 25?

Kevo likes this.
  3. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Fedorlei Gomipierre The IQ Poster MMA Pick 'Ems World Champion Site Donor

Yeah, this one was just fan-made and for funzies, Bryan isn't available till late September and what Dave was saying last night was that Cody and the Bucks needed a long weekend(so fans could travel) in which ROH isn't already running shows and they didn't have many dates left. Bryan on the card probably makes it a bigger deal than the lure of the holiday weekend for travellers AND this is usually the weekend of PWG's BOLA, but they didn't have many options so I'll be curious to see if BOLA moved or what.
    --- Post Added -- Jan 11, 2018, ---
    He's PR poison and the company line right now is that if they bring him back, they'll have to answer to their sponsors and he's simply not worth the headache as a "brand ambassador" when he'd probably bring more negative pub than good.

4. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Probably a better chance we see Mr America

5. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

Fingers crossed for Thunderlips

Dimson, CA_Gas Bag and Kevo like this.
  6. CA_Gas Bag

CA_Gas Bag Well-Known Member

I want Rip to come back. I've missed him.

"WHAT'S THAT SMELL?!?"

jesusatemyhotdog likes this.
  7. jesusatemyhotdog

jesusatemyhotdog Welcome to the machine.

I believe it is dookie.

8. Problematique

Problematique Silver for monsters, steel for humans.

God I loved that HBK feud in the late 2000's.

Fedorlei Gomipierre and Kevo like this.
  9. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

10. CA_Gas Bag

CA_Gas Bag Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

DOOKIE????

Kevo and disposableassassin like this.
  11. disposableassassin

disposableassassin Tainted supplement distributor Site Donor

Scurll v. Bryan would be amazing.

Dimson likes this.
  12. Fedorlei Gomipierre

I mean, King Kong Bundy technically “main evented” more Wrestlemanias than CM Punk. Hate when Cody comes across like such a thin skinned mark.

13. disposableassassin

Fedorlei Gomipierre likes this.
  14. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

15. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Yes there are rumors she might be done in ring

16. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Already had a janky neck with one surgery and at just 25 has a ton of mileage on her.

WWE is paranoid AF that they're eventually going to have a Misawa/Aguayo Jr. situation on live TV, plus there's the dreaded concussion lawsuit(unless you're Vince and you let Owen concuss you FFS) and things like Punk/Amann that they want to ensure they're running with the proper optics of due diligence et al.

Consider that the utterly stellar Io Shirai had her WWE contract rescinded because she flunked her physical since she needed a big surgery and they passed similarly on Jazzy since her neck is jacked and they don't want people with that much mileage and pro wrestlers as a general rule, are disposable pens.

Blows my mind in hindsight that Steve Austin was told to retire in August of 1997 and doctor shopped until he got cleared and was back a few months later and WWF was fully willing to let him work with so much damage because he was so hot. Same goes for the absurdity of Kurt Angle working Mania 19 and basically putting on the main event of that show with an actual risk of paralysis or worse and Vince letting it go forward(this AFTER the Owen situation).

Times sure have changed, maaaaaan.
    --- Post Added -- Jan 12, 2018, ---
    Not not true lol:

Dimson and disposableassassin like this.
  17. disposableassassin

18. Fedorlei Gomipierre

And because it happened in Japan for Baba and before tape trading or the internet, Dusty didn't have his fucking balls ripped off and be blackballed by Vince Sr. lol...but not really, it was a political minefield.

There are some awesome stories of when Andre would tour the territories as an "attraction" and how there were very specific rules to protect him in how he was booked (put him over strong, never expose him, ZERO jobs etc). Problem was, Andre could be a fairly amiable guy with people he liked and didn't have qualms about doing jobs or giving a lot to guys in matches(Stan Hansen and Harley come to mind immediately), so there are stories of guys like Jerry Lawler and Ronnie Garvin going over on Andre and stories getting back to Vince Sr. and him flipping out, because Bill Apter from Pro Wrestling Illustrated would have the pictures and would publish the results and since it was a "kayfabe" magazine that Capitol Sports(Vince Sr.'s version of Titan) didn't own, they couldn't control what was printed. This resulted in Apter being banned from WWWF events for a long time and eventually I believe, was a primary reason for the WWF magazine's launch.

That's what's so crazy about when Lawler jumped to the WWF in late '92 because during the highest point in WWF's business with Hulk and Andre, Lawler had all of this Memphis footage of him beating Andre and Hogan and Savage and all those guys clean and would just bury the fuck out of the top WWF guys because he owned the tapes and there was nothing Vince could do about it. Hell, Lawler even sued Vince for the "King" Harley Race gimmick because it was a jab at Lawler himself and all of the shit he was pulling and they were trying to put him out of business.

Anywell, lotta crazy stories about the politics behind Andre matches and how guys got around booking him. I enjoy them more than the drinking stories since those ones eventually bum me out.

disposableassassin likes this.
  19. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

And I thought the 80's was cheesy,

Bran and Dimson like this.
  20. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

That's the indys baby