1. War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. Discuss: "UFC Fight Night 123: Swanson vs. Ortega" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims commence at 6:30 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

WWE (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by TriangleSmoke, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Fedorlei Gomipierre The IQ Poster MMA Pick 'Ems World Champion Site Donor

Elgin was running an indy promotion/training academy in STL (remember, he's only 30 and is already running a school lol), and recently sold it off. Now, it has come out that back in March, a female wrestler who worked one of his shows claimed she was sexually assaulted by a male wrestler at the show, who happened to be a student of Elgin's.

From the looks of it, she didn't want to get blackballed for "causing drama" so she went to Elgin as the promoter to ensure she wouldn't lose bookings and reported the situation to him to be deal "internally" so the promotion wouldn't get a bad rap(plus Elgin is juiced in to Japan) and he told her he'd handle it and profusely apologized to her in text...but nothing ever happened and Elgin kept booking/training the guy she accused and was telling people in DMs that she was crazy and lying and thirsty...but then one of the guys Elgin was burying her to posted the texts and outed that Elgin was lying out of both sides of his face.

Then this week, she started posting the text messages she's had with Elgin, where he basically sides with her, champions her and simultaneously flirts with her and kinda says some weird/skeevy stuff. Elgin does the whole "social media is toxic" cliche block paragraph post and says he's quitting twitter, but then he goes on various rants/positive RTs and in the midst of all of this, a DM of him burying Jeff Cobb gets posted, which ALSO makes Elgin look like a total douchebag since they're working the NJPW tag league. But now there's some rumours that Cobb has gotten over tenfold to what people expected and that maybe Elgin's job-scared of losing his "powerhouse gaijin" spot, since Elgin is known for being a mental midget and Cobb is next-level special in his role. So Elgin is saying Cobb has no etiquette and he smells and all of this stuff and everybody loves Cobb, and Elgin has a bad rep for being a bit of a doofus(remember when ROH stopped booking him because he wanted to try MLB with only some HS experience?)

All of this comes to a head and everybody is like, "Wow, Elgin's an insecure, two-faced POS" and now he's losing bookings because of the controversy...to Jeff Cobb no less lol.
    --- Post Added -- Dec 5, 2017, ---
    This is the woman wrestler who was accusing him and now she's just shredding him with DMs and people giving her ammo with receipts on Elgin, just burying him:

Afro likes this.
  2. Afro

Afro The Autumn Wind is a Raider

It's funny.. I never really liked Elgin lol, even as a babyface I always pegged him as a babyface I couldn't help but boo.. and I always thought he was a good worker.. just something about the guy always rubbed me the wrong way. I hope Cobb takes his gaijin spot, even if this never happened I would hope that though because Cobb is next level awesome. I was actually hoping that it would have been Cobb and Keith Lee as a tag in the tourney instead of Elgin, but at least now I have a good reason to say fuck that guy.

Fedorlei Gomipierre likes this.
  3. disposableassassin

disposableassassin Tainted supplement distributor Site Donor

Yeah. I've been following this shit on twitter. Elgin can eat a whole bag of dicks.

Fedorlei Gomipierre likes this.
  4. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Well, it was supposed to be the Chosen Bros. getting that Tag League spot but New Japan got skittish on bringing Riddle in because he's kind of a dummy and they kinda got burned by the last pothead that made a horrendous judgement call with the whole "Sydal-in-a-Japanese-Prison" drama. If I'm being honest, I wouldn't be shocked if Riddle tried his hardest to be on his best behaviour but was still his own worst enemy by being an elite-level flake, so it's a spotty situation.

disposableassassin likes this.
  5. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

6. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

7. disposableassassin

disposableassassin Tainted supplement distributor Site Donor

I hope the bucks never change.

8. Problematique

Problematique Australia's Gaston.

--- Post Added -- Dec 6, 2017, ---

9. Fedorlei Gomipierre

10. split2874

split2874 Moving Forward

I really wish the WWE would get their head our of their asses. I mean Ziggler again.. They could have done something great with this...have a 3rd opponent added but do not say who it is...at the PPV have Demon Baylor come out and win the belt...Then have Baylor feud with Corbin and Rhodes ... Just a thought... or just Baylor and save the Demon for a later match

11. Dimson

Anything decent happen on Smackdown last night?

12. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Shane is headed for a heel turn, which he already is if you have half a brain. It's going to cause a riff between him and DB which hopefully leads to him coming back and beating Shane at WM

Dimson likes this.
  13. Fedorlei Gomipierre

There's a large part of me that thinks the Bucks and Cody wouldn't be putting down the money they're looking at putting down for "All In" unless they thought they had an ace in the hole to ensure they draw a huge gate. There are only two available names that matter and of the two, Bryan probably has the more relevance/goodwill.

14. Dimson

I agree. They have to have a big name lined up. I mean look at NJPW. Even they have Jericoh headlining to help bring in WWE/casual viewers.

15. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

I'm not sure what your referencing. What are they doing?

16. Afro

Afro The Autumn Wind is a Raider

They want to do 10k attendance for a show

17. Dimson

That they are self financing.

18. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

When?

19. Dimson

That part is apparently super secret.

20. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

well with @Fedorlei Gomipierre 's thinking that DB is a part of it, it must not be until the end of the year. Maybe a NYE thing.

DINO-MITE!