WWE (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by TriangleSmoke, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Fedorlei Gomipierre The IQ Poster Site Donor

Dave said the other night that it really all depends on if WWE makes Storm a good enough offer to stop working her indy/Japan schedule, since the scene is thriving and they lowballed the hell out of a bunch of those CWC guys who signed and people are a bit scared off.

Of the ones not signed to developmental, Santana Garrett is already getting nicer indy dates and is a feature match on the MLW show, but I could see her, Candace, Yim and Piper all making too much outside of NXT to take a potential cut in pay, although the women have far less places to go and work and make great money opposed to say a ZSJ does.

I'm anticipating they snatch up Tessa maybe around the same time they sign Ricochet.

It's so silly, but I still think they've got to be extremely savvy with who they sign from these women and how they agent their matches, because the workers and style that gets over is 100% a totally NON-WWE match and they've got so much invested in the fitness models and gymnasts that I don't think talent alone is enough, even if a half dozen new women would immediately make their division pretty damn great.

Afro likes this.
  2. Afro

Afro The Autumn Wind is a Raider

My favorite Rock "it doesn't matter" moment, and my favorite wrestler debut all in one package

3. jesusatemyhotdog

jesusatemyhotdog Welcome to the machine.

[​IMG]

4. Afro

Well so much for Nikki Cross being the heel to Kairi Sane's face for the time being lol, I forgot Sanity kinda turned face already but Cross 100 percent just turned face on NXT right now lol

Have I mentioned that I don't like Ruby Riot? and it's not because her diving senton looks so sad and pathetic but I don't really blame her for that since we are all spoiled by Tozawa's
    --- Post Added -- Sep 13, 2017, ---
    Street Profits look like they are on track to being the next tag team to get over and die a horrible death in the future on the main roster
    --- Post Added -- Sep 13, 2017, ---
    Listening to the Filthy Tom show and I am so happy Bryan Alvarez brought up that incredible false finish with AJ and Tye from last night

Fedorlei Gomipierre likes this.
  5. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Filthy is so awesome. And while I find Bryan to be a dweeb, him losing his shit on the Vince deal is pretty perfect.

6. Afro

I wish the Filthy Tom show was daily TBH. Speaking of the Vince deal Tom had me dying on the latest show when he was going on and on about how stupid it was and ended with "I'm gonna do it in my next match"

7. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Agreed, I'll listen to Tom anywhere, his sense of humour is so pitch perfect and I love the way he needles Bryan for being a midget nerd that has zero pop culture awareness is hilarious. His runner on Tom Phillips is glorious and he's always so goddamn sarcastic about UFC stuff, it's great. Aside from Dave, he's my favourite part of any WOR seg.
    --- Post Added -- Sep 14, 2017 at 9:34 AM, ---
    For the uninitiated, Mega Man is part of the most legendary unseen pro wrestling match of the modern era and for at least one night, was on track to have Warrior's spot.

disposableassassin and Afro like this.
  8. Afro

I wonder if this influenced Hangman Page's clothesline, had to of right?

disposableassassin likes this.
  9. Fedorlei Gomipierre

I was thinking it was likely stolen from Mexico, it's been fairly common there for at least three decades.

Also, this would actually be a "Ride Along" I'd totally watch, weirdest travel buddies lol.

Afro and disposableassassin like this.
  10. TriangleSmoke

TriangleSmoke Motherfucker of the Century Site Donor

Christ how can you bear listening to those fucking clowns?

WOR is great other than Alvarez, but Alvarez and Lawler are absolute turds.

But to each his own i suppose.

11. Afro

I don't mind Alvarez, I didn't like him at first, but I totally get the dweeb reference lol. Dave and Tom are my favorites, but Dave for me I'll listen to every word he has to say about wrestling, but when it comes to MMA I am like 75% in.. sometimes he'll make comments that make me scratch my head.

12. TriangleSmoke

TriangleSmoke Motherfucker of the Century Site Donor

Dave's words about rasslin might as well be gospel other than his almost unbearable amount of "uh's, um's, like, well uh, like, like, like." Sometimes i wish there was someone to smack him in the back of the head and say "Spit it out for fuck's sake!"

Alvarez just strikes me as a whiney little bitch who needs his face beaten in.

I used to like Tom, but I see him as nothing more than a roiding pair of clownshoes at this point.

13. Sakara=Excitement

Sakara=Excitement The American dream Site Donor

I could watch this all day long:

[​IMG]

14. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

So Adam Cole and redDRagon are now called the "Undisputed Era". I think that is kinda lame.

15. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

Maybe, but I want to give a raise to whomever stopped them from being called CoFishLy

Dimson likes this.
  16. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Yeah, I'll wait and see because it might just be a matter of them ironing things out and looking for the "CFO" moniker down the line, but as a stable name I was thinking they probably would've preferred, but couldn't, go with something around "Dishonor", since they don't want to have any IP problems or issues with ROH after the tampering deal.

Cole's a superstar, O'Reilly has consistently had some of my personal fave matches of the past few years and Fish is a really great mechanic. I wouldn't hate them bringing in Dijak as their heater, so you'd have a bit more visual variety in the stable.
    --- Post Added -- Sep 15, 2017 at 9:32 AM, ---
    Teddy Hart's KC shoot is some all-time levels of Teddy Hart bullshit. Lol, he's like the physical embodiment of the eccentric Hart House, just so zany and such a carny.

17. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

Who is Teddy Hart?

18. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Stu's grandson, daughter of Georgia, Bret and Owen's nephew and the youngest WWF developmental signee in history. He is also, an iconic waste of talent, kind of like a bigger version of Amazing Red, who did innovative crazy highspots about five years before AJ Styles ever did, but is an all-time "his own worst enemy" talent.
    --- Post Added -- Sep 16, 2017 at 7:48 AM, ---
    OK New Japan, you damn sure made good on last week's fiasco show. Great goddamn bounceback card, total fuckin' FIRE main event that looked like no other main event they usually run.

Both Juniors title matches were absolutely fucking great and it almost feels like Gedo acknowledged the hideous overbooking of Suzuki-Gun and booked almost all their matches fairly straight, and as a result, they rocked. Teasing another MiSu/Tana program down the line is also really promising since they psychology to those matches are next-level and setting up Ibushi as the next IC challenger also lays track for some really, really cool WK possible matchups. Also, the idea of maybe booking a three-way for the Jr's title is insane.

Triangle tag title match was also dope, since War Machine are ridiculously great for their size and KES are hella-underrated because Harry is just so damn smooth.

Further setting up Naito/Ishii in a multi-match works since that match was all about travelling to their eventual destination.

KUSHIDA is a top 5, maybe top 3 talent in the world. For pure in-ring, IMO KUSHIDA, Cesaro, KOR, Ishii, AJ are likely my top votes.....Okada is another tier and benefits from being treated with respect and protected.

Great show.

Dimson likes this.
  19. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

20. Fedorlei Gomipierre