WWE (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by TriangleSmoke, Jan 3, 2012.

1. disposableassassin

disposableassassin Mutatis Mutandis Site Donor

2. disposableassassin

Fucking hell chris jericho could get disco inferno over.

#alittlebitofthebubbly

3. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

4. Afro

Afro The Autumn Wind is a Raider

5. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Fedorlei Gomipierre The IQ Poster Site Donor

If I ever needed an example of how fucking useless Kevin Dunn is at his job after 30 fucking years, this might be a perfect indictment lol

Dimson likes this.
  6. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko Champ-Champ MMA Pick 'Ems World Champion

simple error, things like that will happen whomever is director.

7. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

Not when one guy is outside the ring and the other guy is CLEARLY running towards him, ready to fly

8. Fedorlei Gomipierre

I mean, if I’m booking a cruiserweight match with two guys who fly around and am a professionally produced live sports program with three decades of experience, I’d better fucking know when to hold the action shots and lay out for the highspots to not completely undermine them. Missing a shot here and there are understandable but the judgement on cutting to a replay when you can obviously tell they’re going to the next spot, is hilariously incompetent.

disposableassassin and Dimson like this.
  9. disposableassassin

10. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

Say it isn't so Renee!
    [​IMG]

disposableassassin likes this.
  11. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Imagine anybody listening to this and thinking that he’s just a grumpy old crank who yells at clouds. I mean, he does that too but he’s nonetheless one of the absolute smartest minds in the history of modern wrestling. Outside of his homer takes on his boys like Flair and Lawler on this show, everything he says about this stuff here is 100% on point. His dissection of the psychology of what’s plausibility under a ring is the kind of quality control EVERY COMPANY NEEDS!!!!

disposableassassin likes this.
  12. disposableassassin

When he shoots straight like this nobody can touch him. Him going to bat for flair was gross but if I didnt expect him to defend the legends then I dont know what to say about myself. When he starts working and slinging nicknames constantly I have to be in the mood to listen but these takes I could hear all day. I might be defensive of a few comedy acts and I might not completely hate havoc, allin, and janela (even though they all kind of suck) deathmatch wrestling is garbage.

Fedorlei Gomipierre likes this.
  13. Dimson

14. disposableassassin

Hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha

Dimson likes this.
  15. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Yeah, I was listening to this drivethru on my drive home and I was really struck by how articulate and logical his argument was here, when he wasn't in aneurysm-promo-mode. I kinda felt really bad for him in a way, since he's dug himself into a hole with his gimmick(which he can't very well change his tune now) where it makes him fairly unemployable, but he's intellectually one of the most valuable minds in the business and he's stuck himself on the bench. Like, a Cornette stable in AEW would be the hottest heel act in the last 20 years and could work for yeeeeears, but for obvious reasons he's radioactive.

The nickname schtick is tired aside from "Kenny Olivier", which I actually think is the perfect indictment of him. I think the garbage wrestling and comedy nonsense is beneath his attention because it signal boosts alot of niche shit that wouldn't often rate without the attention, but again, what's so unfortunate is that Corny knows better than anybody how/when/why to do comedy in wrestling and could actually inform people into knowing to pick their spots, but instead, there's just a complete disconnect.

disposableassassin and Afro like this.
  16. disposableassassin

I would love to hear him give an honest unbiased breakdown of when comedy is effective in wrestling and just go all in on every aspect of it. Similar to how he did here with the hardcore work.

Kenny's nickname is perfect. The rest of it can go in the trash though. Janela is fairly terrible at wrestling. In an aesthetic business he looks like mashed potatoes BUT constantly making fun of him for being out of shape when cornette himself has almost always been a sack full of fast food burgers is annoying. I mean jesus the kid is an awful professional wrestler and lacks all of the fundamentals outside of charisma. So much to pick apart there without even going into his look.

Fedorlei Gomipierre likes this.
  17. Afro

Afro The Autumn Wind is a Raider

The answer to that is Ryusuke Taguchi

18. unforgivn

unforgivn Nunquam Fidelis

So WWE moved the King of the Ring finals off of their next PPV (which is gimmicked to be all about championships) in order to make sure there's enough room for a singles match with zero title implications.

19. Dimson

Makes logical sense to me.

20. disposableassassin

This king of the ring tourney reminds me of when I simulate a tournament in the wrestling game. It's always two guys who I put in to lose in the first round that make it to the finals.

Dimson likes this.