WWE (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by TriangleSmoke, Jan 3, 2012.

1. unforgivn

unforgivn Nunquam Fidelis

The Backstage Comedy Vignette Title.

2. Afro

Afro The Autumn Wind is a Raider

The idea is bad, really, really bad

3. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Fedorlei Gomipierre The IQ Poster Site Donor

KEEP IN MIND, this is the fucking company that every year stumps for a fucking EMMY because they want to sell themselves as the worldwide leader in live television production and markets themselves to advertisers as an "action-adventure" program, ALWAYS telling mainstream executives and sponsors that they aren't like old school Rasslin' because they rehearse, choreograph and script their "performers" so everything comes across as professionally as possible, just like all other forms of televised entertainment.

Imagine any other show of this prominence going to air with this level of disorganized incompetence and I'll show you a show that FOX would cancel within six months.
    --- Post Added -- May 21, 2019, ---
    If you introduce a title and not EVERYBODY in your company wants it, there's no need to have it. If you introduce a title and tell your viewers that only the prelim geeks are vying over it, you're immediately telling your audience that it's a prelim title that isn't worthy of caring about because the real stars don't give a fuck about it.

It's a complete WCW move and it's the antithesis of productive wrestling booking because it doesn't get a single person over and only convolutes both storylines AND the value of actual titles. They're presently incapable of getting people over or hyping a feud that will actually sell tickets and are lucky they got USA and FOX to put a fucking ring on it for the next five years because they're self-sabatoging at a breakneck clip.

Afro and Kevo like this.
  4. disposableassassin

disposableassassin Mutatis Mutandis Site Donor

I still say a cross branded TV title and only having one set of Male tag belts that were also cross branded would have been so much better than that wildcard rule and this terrible 24/7 bullshit that nobody on earth except for freak likes.

5. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Should have been a tv title. Defended every raw and SmackDown and ppv. 15 minutes time limits, top 5 ranking system to determine contenders.

It's so fucking easy.

6. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko Champ-Champ MMA Pick 'Ems World Champion

lets be honest people were gonna shit on whatever it was gonna be, i said the idea isn't bad thats far from loving. The title is for the lower/mid card wrestlers to get some exposure which isn't a bad thing. Some people wanted a legends belts and were pissed it wasn't that.

People shit on the fact that there is too many belts, they are the same people that like the brand split.
    I am okay with the wild card rule because i don't even like the brand split cause what you do is just focus on a few wrestlers feud with the same guys every week, how many times did he see balor and lashley wrestler each other, how many time did we see cobin work with the same guys week in and week out.

7. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

The cause of death for Ashley Massaro was confirmed today by TMZ Sports.

Sadly, Massaro was found hanging in her home in Suffolk County, NY in an apparent suicide and TMZ has heard this from multiple sources connected with the situation.

Massaro’s body was found at her home after she failed to show up to work at a local radio station. She was transported to the hospital and later pronounced dead.

Massaro’s death is being classified as “non-criminal.” She is survived by her 18-year old daughter.

Massaro was part of a class action lawsuit in 2016 against WWE that claimed the company was negligent and responsible for neurological injuries suffered in the ring.

“To this day, I suffer from depression, for which I take medication; migraine headaches; and severe short-term memory loss,” Massaro said in the affidavit. “I attribute these issues to my work-related injuries sustained while working for the WWE, and specifically to the routine repetitive blows to the head I received in the ring over the course of my care which were not properly diagnosed or treated.”

According to the affidavit, Massaro says she was encouraged by Vince McMahon not to report that she was drugged and raped by US military staff while they were on tour in Kuwait.

WWE claims Massaro sent an email apology to them last year. However, her lawyer Konstantine Kyros says he is unaware of such an apology. “She was being represented by me,” he told the New York Post. “She never withdrew from the case, she never stopped being my client, and her case is currently pending. It’s not a credible statement that she sent an email refuting the case.”

Dimson and Fedorlei Gomipierre like this.
  8. Afro

Afro The Autumn Wind is a Raider

No we were not going to shit on it no matter what it would be, we've specifically said we would be okay with a TV title

9. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Fedorlei Gomipierre The IQ Poster Site Donor

She’s not the only one, the stories about Terry Taylor, Hayes and some of those developmental trainers have sounded pretty abhorrent and there’s been some hush money thrown around dating back to the 80s, they’re gross,

But then releasing the statement they did in response to her death knowing the overarching context of her quote is especially awful

disposableassassin likes this.
  10. disposableassassin

There are too many belts. I like the brand split but there are too many belts and both the women's roster and tag team roster are too thin to fill two shows.

Guys wrestle each other repeatedly because that is how wrestling works. You run a program with two wrestlers feuding for a few months....

Yeah they have some mid card guys that need exposure but making everyone a champion every fucking night is lame as fuck.

To paraphrase syndrome from incredibles if everyone is a champion then no one is. There is nothing good about this belt or that fucked up stupid not an actual rule because it doesn't have any clearly defined terms wildcard bullshit.

Just have an actual draft post wrestlemania every year to offer fresh matches. The shake up thing is also dumb and has no clearly defined terms.

I just want them to actually write shit and follow through with it instead of thinking that making another dumbass belt is going to fix ratings

Here's an idea: DONT CHANGE THE GODDAMN SCRIPT FOR THE SHOW WHILE IT IS ON THE AIR!

Vince is a fucking idiot and anyone who fails to see that I just dont know what to tell you.

Kevo likes this.
  11. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

You know you're a Dad when you're dropping The Incredibles references on a wrestling forum.

Dimson and disposableassassin like this.
  12. unforgivn

13. CA_Gas Bag

CA_Gas Bag Well-Known Member

How many things can this be said for?

Dimson likes this.
  14. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

FB_IMG_1558474948310.jpg

Dimson likes this.
  15. ATJ-Lucko

not talking just about people here but about wrestling fans in general.

16. unforgivn

The People-You-Forgot-Still-Work-Here Title.

17. ATJ-Lucko

fandango's time is coming

Dimson likes this.
  18. disposableassassin

Too bad Tye Dingaling didn't stick around. He would have been a perfect 10 second champion.

Dimson likes this.
  19. disposableassassin

Kevo likes this.
  20. ATJ-Lucko

he is the only hardcore and 24/7 champion