1. Having nothing to struggle against, they have nothing to struggle for. "UFC on ESPN 1: Velasquez vs NGannou" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 4:30 p.m. ET (ESPN+).
    Dismiss Notice

WWE (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by TriangleSmoke, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

That good, huh?
    --- Post Added -- Feb 12, 2019 at 2:33 AM, ---
    Oh shit. Revival had a very fun match with Gable/Roode and won the belts. Just like Doctor Who, its about time

disposableassassin and Dimson like this.
  2. split2874

split2874 Relax

Why make her say she is sorry if they are going to have Vince come out and screw her over. It was dumb. Should have her go fill stone cold and tell them fuck off and then have Vince come out and suspend Becky and bring out flair

3. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Fedorlei Gomipierre The IQ Poster Site Donor

4. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

[​IMG]

5. McGregor’s Anal Gouging Administrator

McGregor’s Anal Gouging Administrator Live.Love.Learn Site Donor

6. jesusatemyhotdog

jesusatemyhotdog Welcome to the machine.

I still remember that picture from when I was a kid.

7. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko Champ-Champ

and didn't they just say the fans are the authority and they gonna do what the fans want.

8. McGregor’s Anal Gouging Administrator

McGregor’s Anal Gouging Administrator Live.Love.Learn Site Donor

9. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko Champ-Champ

wait are we gonna just pass over the fact that kingston just cleaned pinned the champ??

Mr. Cornute and Dimson like this.
  10. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Realistically, you could pass over 99% of WWE's booking and the show would likely be far superior to the viewer. They needed to heat up a guy to fill in Ali's spot and since they've been heating up Ali, they've just transferred the rub to Kofi, nothing means anything in WWE, so nobody blinks lol. Really, wins and losses don't matter to Vince, they book condescendingly to the fanbase and either overbook or abandon their angles, all while ensuring nobody gets over(they don't even feel the need to shoot actual face/heel turns anymore) and we know that the McMahons are the only ones with balls or brains. It's asinine and alienating, but that's why they're steadily hemorrhaging their audience base at every turn.

I mean, there's a subsect of the zaniest WWE hardcores that basically "fill in the blanks" for WWE's bad booking themselves, and make up their own ideas that'll explain away all of the nonsense that held zero logic and then will go back and credit WWE saying, "Well, they never said it themselves, but when you read between the lines, you can see what they mean..." and it's a pretty sad bunch lol. The Becky heel turn this past summer was the most recent "prime" example of how out of touch and completely off base Vince and WWE booking was and anybody with a brain could see it was a fucked up turn but the loyalists will still go, "Wait and let WWE tell their story", but they've lost all benefit of the doubt.

ATJ-Lucko likes this.
  11. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko Champ-Champ

the Strowman heel turn was fucked up, and Elias is over big time and they turned him heel again.

also fucked up is the rules, there in no set rules anymore, Strowman was dq for not being the legal man and last night Ruby Riot interfered and the ref saw it and didn't dq morgan and logan and ruby wasn't even in the match WTF, and it goes on and on.
    and don't start me on all the royal rumble bullshit about if your whole body is on the ground but your feet is not touching the ground you are not eliminated..

The only bright spots have been the revival winning the belts and putting Roode in a tag team.

Also i will give them credit the womens division is on fire, i am thinking vinces hands must not be totally in it.
    If you would have told me that 10 years ago when the women would have pillow fights on raw, that one day the biggest match at a wrestlemaina would be a womens match i would have died laughing.

Dimson and Fedorlei Gomipierre like this.
  12. Fedorlei Gomipierre

I'd argue that aside from Becky and Ronda, the women's division booking is a complete mess.

Charlotte will always be relatively protected since she's their pick(but she's not as over as her push) and they value Bliss as a character(but she's a liability in-ring) but aside from that, Asuka, Bayley, Sasha and Nikki have gotten progressively more under on the main roster and are slotted and the rest of the division is loaded with also-rans who can't draw (Nattie, Mickie, Riott Squad, Ember, Naomi) and under-qualified, botch-filled non-entities(Nia, Iconics, Lana, Dana, Evans, Tamina).

They literally hit upon Becky and paid enough for Ronda, but take them away and that division is in fucking shambles.

Mr. Cornute likes this.
  13. Mr. Cornute

Mr. Cornute Prince of Saiyan...stuff.

I legit storyline that should be explored for the women's division goes as follows:

Sasha Banks and Bailey need to pick up the tag titles at Elimination Chamber. Becky Lynch should go over, go over clean at that, again Rousey at Mania. From there, turn Ronda hard heel because she is horrible as a face and bring up the rest of the Rousey clan for Summer Slam for Becky and the original Four Hoursewomen to go against and then put them in the traditional Survivor Series match at Survivor Series. At Survivor Series have the original four Horsewomen begin to fracture and Becky drops the title before years end to either Sasha or Bailey, prefer Sasha because bailey brings the story back home. Sasha begins to turn heel as Bailey and her should drop the titles right at Survivor Series or shortly before to another stable of wrestlers. Charlotte needs to keep her heel persona for at straight calendar year or two as should Sasha when she turns at Survivor Series. Sasha reminds everyone she can pull off high quality matches along with Bailey so that they can get shine. During Sasha's heel turn at Survivor Series she basically states that Becky stole her schtick and persona "The Man" is nothing more than a Boss ripoff (something akin to that because it's not completely off). Becky and Sasha become the Stone Cold and Rock for the women's division, Charlotte is literally the female version of her father's character (that's not a bad thing), and Bailey being eclipsed due to the star power of her friends has a chip on her shoulder (she becomes a tweener). As Becky and Sasha heat up Bailey begins to go on a tear for a few months, not losing on TV for at least 3 months and putting on quality matches with both female vets and up and comers, this is Bailey's time to stake her claim. Bailey continues her run till it's time to put a title on her, preferred to do so against a massive heel (Sasha Banks / Alexa Bliss / Rousey and at this time Bazler should be called up and hopefully polished by then) who also hasn't lost in a bit, albeit in a more dubious method. Bailey and (insert heel here) have a match where it takes Bailey everything to win but she does, even introducing new moves to her set during this match. From there that gives each of the Four Horsewomen their time in the sun and also gives time to build the existing roster of female wrestlers, since we are keeping with this stupid brand split (women's division should just be one division showcased on both shows or given one show for all women) and puts a close to the Four Hoursewomen vs Ronda's clan (I refuse to call them hoursewomen) storyline.

Alexa Bliss - should be kept heel for the remainder of her career and her being a face should be few far and in between.
    Charlotte Flair - will naturally be a heel and should be kept as such. She is the person who win others are injured or the new push isn't quite getting off, due to talent,
    Sasha Banks should be kept as heel for as long as fucking possible, when they bring up Bianca Blair she can be the face version of what they are trying, and failing, to do with Banks.
    Bailey - Either repackage her OR give her a strong run (similar to the Chris Benoit build up and run) and strap a title on her so it pays off.
    Becky - If she can keep this momentum AND creative doesn't fuck it up keep her as a tweener till fans make a decision to love or hate her fully and adjust accordingly.
    Aska - Not sure if she will be here for a few more years but definitely make her a heel and let her do her talking in the ring, make her a feared competitor again.
    Nia Jax - Alright look I know everyone has their ire for Nia BUT if she could get with a skilled big guy like Kane (always known as a safe bruiser) so that she can not only improve her moveset but improve the quality of matches she puts on. Especially considering the market for body acceptance she could be and should be the face of that, they're trying, and you can keep her heel to do so, people are naturally going to dislike her. Put her in intensive training and update her moveset so that she looks like she is hurting girls BUT is doing so safely. Not a bad looking woman, polish her up on the mic (she's not horrible) and polish her.
    Ember Moon - I see her being a quality talent, think Molly Holly, and I would not be against putting a title on her at the right moment.
    Ronda's clan: Bazler - I could see being in the same vein as Moon, quality talent and deserving of a title run but I don't see her as a draw or attraction so to speak; Duke - She's going to be
    a good mid tier along with her tag partner, get her a decent training for agile big men and she could turn into a star.
    Rousey - Ok, can she put on a decent match? Yes. Can she perform on the mic? Fuck no. Ronda is much too emotional for mic work and should be limited in her mic work. Turn her heel, make her a bad ass almost unbeatable but also unbearable heel, do so after Becky beats her at Mania or right before and potentially put a title back on her around Survivor Series when we break up the Four Horsewomen. Do this so that you can build up a quality face to then take the title off of her, ahem Bailey in scenario above or another up and comer who deserves it. Keep her heel till fans love her again and then switch when needed.
    Kari Sayn - She could be a star if creative doesn't fuck with her, so for now leave her in NXT along with Blair and a few other women and let this Four Horsewomen / Ronda clan shit play out and then begin introducing the women who made their names or paid their dues in NXT.
    Nikki Cross - She could potentially be a star in the vein of a Jeff Hardy, niche that could build to a nice following. She like Moon and Bazler will end up being transitional champs down the line unless she breaks out.

If we keep a brand split they need to keep the ICONICS as a tag team and build tag teams and a couple viable stables to compete for the tag titles. Basically either the Four Horsewomen or the Ronda clan need to hold all the women's titles for a couple months so you can build a new star or new angle when you book them to drop the titles. That is how I would handle and structure the women's division for the next year or two. Let the fueds play out and build solid angles. Have women who can step up to the plate when a gal is injured they are working on.

For the men I legit want to see them have ONE WORLD title and if we must have a United States and Intercontinental Title for the respective brands. One tag team title (men and women) and One world title (men and women) between the two brands. Have the WWE actually utilize their stupid rankings chart and further incorporate Night of Champs as the year end show. The world champ and tag champs would compete on the big four (and now we would include night of champs to be a fifth) PPV's and do so against members of the opposite brand, the PPV's in between them will be used for talent from the same brand to have a chance to compete for the title, in short we would be drastically reducing the hot potato approach to who holds the title and demands a consistent storyline structure. Since we are keeping the brand split we are going to make it worth something. Each brand will get a ticker for their respective champs compete against the other brand on the five PPV's each year and the brand that comes out on top the champs talent get a bonus (or some shit that could tie in fan attention). We decide who faces the champ at the big four PPV's via mini tournaments on the respective brands who do not have a champ in that division. The champs will make visits to the alternate brand and compete but can only defend the title at the big PPV's unless otherwise stipulated, extreme circumstances will decide for titles being defended on TV on the brand who doesn't own the title (again making a title defense mean something again and an special attraction). In this manner, if you were to have a Brock Lesnar type with limited dates that buffer is and can be built in. Further, the title would become an attraction in of itself again as it should be and the person holding the title becomes the attraction. Regardless of how anyone feels the closing of each show will be the world champ (male or female), they should be the main event the world champ should always close the show. Cruiserweights can stay as they are and NXT would remain untouched. TV time would be more suited for actual matches and MIC time/promos would be reserved for those who not only can cut a scripted promo but can completely do so unscripted following whatever rules necessary to appease sponsors.

There, there is my word vomit of how to begin fixing the WWE and their product. Storylines need to make sense. Who the talent loses to needs to make sense. Hot shotting the title would become a rarity and the talent would be able to express themselves and the WWE legit would tailor their storylines to fit the "sports" portion of the "sports entertainment".

Fedorlei Gomipierre likes this.
  14. Dimson

15. Fedorlei Gomipierre

I know Dave is boys with Ric going back decades, but it never ceases to amaze me how kindly Dave treats Charlotte like she's goddamn Jenny Omega lol. Dave legit buries the fuck out of three-way title matches all the time because it undermines the prestige of the belt and 1-1 competition and you don't get the same level of combat intensity because they're too choreographed and laid out, but because it's Charlotte, he's doing backflips making an argument for her. He's so myopic on his faves lol(Kenny, Ospreay, Kota, BTE, Gargano) that as much as I love him, it's hella-offputing.

16. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Jenny Omega LOLOLOLOLOLOL

17. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Look jack, I’m snowed in from work and have got plenty of time on my hands, so you damn sure best expect this level of creative savagery for the near future pal

disposableassassin, Kevo and Dimson like this.
  18. Dimson

He has his favorites blinders on for sure, lol.

19. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

I feel like calling me Jack and then pal in the same sentence is a very Canadian thing to do.

Fedorlei Gomipierre and Dimson like this.
  20. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Dude, jack and pal are all Hogan tropes, you goof. Canadian speak would've been more like, "Hey buddy, can you please hand me my touque on the chesterfield, I gotta go to Timmies and get rid of my loonies, eh?"

disposableassassin and Dimson like this.