1. It’s not a thirst for blood, not at all—but an astonishment, an appreciation for the capabilities of a human that bares his soul naked for the art of combat using strictly his body. That’s entertainment. "UFC Fight Night 139: Korean Zombie vs. Rodríguez" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 7:00 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

WWE (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by TriangleSmoke, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Fedorlei Gomipierre The IQ Poster Site Donor

I mean, they're presently hiding their "top guy" in a faction with two guys that're more over than him and despite having their "top title", he's been legitimately booked to deemphasize his status as the "big dog". They just can't book babyfaces and what's crazy is that they have Bill Watts' entire Mid-South library to study and steal from and it's kind of like the easiest thing in the world.

2. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

3. Fedorlei Gomipierre

I was gonna post this but I’m pensive when it comes to barstool lol.

Normally, I can’t see Cena doing this unless his Hollywood handlers have told him he’d be jeopardizing his prospects if he comes across like a crony. History had shown that John’s THE robot company man for Vince but of his bread his getting buttered elsewhere, good for him in actually showing a bit of backbone- but again, I’ve yet to see Cena really punch at his actual weight class lol.

Bryan I don’t see having the stroke, even though I love the guy and think he’s have the compass to object to this show, but he hasn’t pushed around his weight and forced his way into top guy status. With that said however, he’s not motivated by cash or glory like others in the company, he’s woke by all accounts(unlike most at his level) but I’d almost think he’s the level of talent they could just say was “injured” and could be inexplicably left off the show.

I hope this is all true and WWE does a fucking face plant

4. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

5. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Holy shit this kid is a boss.

6. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko MMAtheist Survival Pool Champion

7. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

Holy shit

8. Fedorlei Gomipierre

You know Vince would’ve never given him the megapush if he thought there was even a remote possibility of Roman not being around for another ten years. That’s how Vince thinks
    --- Post Added -- Oct 22, 2018, ---
    Also, if all it takes is leukaemia to turn Roman babyface, he should've come out with that line four fucking years ago.

JonesMadeDCcry and Dimson like this.
  9. Dimson

Don't worry, Vince will find a way to fuck up his push once he gets back.

10. CA_Gas Bag

CA_Gas Bag Well-Known Member

"People are finally cheering Roman? PAIR HIM WITH THE AUTHORRRRRRRRRITYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!"

Fedorlei Gomipierre and Dimson like this.
  11. disposableassassin

disposableassassin A bucket of fuck it Site Donor

Damn. I'm floored. I really feel for him and his family. I hope he can recover and get back to work.

12. unforgivn

unforgivn Nunquam Fidelis

I'm feeling mega cynical today, so who wants to give me odds on this whole leukemia thing being a work to try to finally turn Roman face?

13. Dimson

Wow. I know Vince in not opposed to sinking to new lows, but man that would be a new low.

Fedorlei Gomipierre likes this.
  14. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Jimmy Snuka sez wassup.
    Rey gets labelled "injury prone" for his knees and they refuse to invest in Bryan because of his long term viability. So I'm really interested how Vince sees Roman going forward because it's a gross, mercenary business.
    Also, and this isn't to be a total dick, but kicking off your show like that and then expecting to get the fans back into the next three hours is once again, pretty much the antithesis of how you want to successfully book a show. Basically, they just told the whole crowd about a litter of dead puppies and now ENJOY THE SHOW!

Vince kicked off RAW with it because he knew it would get buzz throughout the night and would garner more interest, but that should've closed the show.

JonesMadeDCcry, Dimson and unforgivn like this.
  15. TriangleSmoke

TriangleSmoke Motherfucker of the Century Site Donor

That was my initial thought.

16. Dimson

It should have 100% closed the show but that is not Vince's style. He loves "shock value".

17. Fedorlei Gomipierre

I 100% believe the Roman deal is a shoot, it would be promotional suicide to do anything like this in 2018.

Buuuuut FWIW, Fritz Von Erich 100% used his sons' deaths as a gross promotional ploy and even faked a heart attack to move tickets after they really started to book around tragedy. But World Class was really awful when it came to what Fritz would exploit (David's death, Mike's "toxic shock syndrome", Mike's death, Kerry's motorcycle wreck etc).

18. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

Whenever I watch stuff from that era, I only watch the top guys.

Mostly because I just don't give a fuck about the small/bottom of the card talent.

But the Attitude Era is like just about anything else, when people remember it they remember the epic shit, not the bottom of the card crap.

Dimson likes this.
  19. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Well-Known Member

What happens to the title now. Do they give it to Seth, or Braun or do they let drew run with it.

20. Dimson