1. The raw hunk of meat that used to be my enemy makes a sound, and I know where the mouth is. And I think the word he's trying to say is 'please'. Pity, not vengeance sends my fist flying into his skull. "UFC 227: Dillashaw vs Garbrandt II" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims start at 6:15 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
The books are open. Get your bets in now for UFC 227: Dillashaw vs. Garbrandt II.

WWE (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by TriangleSmoke, Jan 3, 2012.

1. disposableassassin

disposableassassin PHASE 2 Site Donor

It's Tuesday. You know what that means.

Dimson likes this.
  2. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

yes, BBQ ribs are the special at The Chocolate Moose Restaurant. They are delish.

3. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

Rusev Day!

4. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Fedorlei Gomipierre The IQ Poster Site Donor

5. Dimson

Ha!

6. unforgivn

unforgivn Nunquam Fidelis

Heel Nak is fucking great.

Dimson likes this.
  7. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

8C54D3EE-0358-48E6-8265-491BD6335D36.png
    --- Post Added -- Jun 13, 2018, ---
    2D3A78F5-52D8-486B-94C0-541485844DE4.png

disposableassassin and Dimson like this.
  8. Dimson

9. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

Me booking MITB:
    Joe wins the briefcase. AJ beats Nak in a grueling match. Joe comes out with the briefcase, beats the shit out of him. Teases cashing in, but doesn’t.

Next SD, Joe cuts a promo to AJ, saying he doesn’t need to jump AJ, can beat him im a regular title match. Challenges him to a title match at the next PPV, cashing in his briefcase for a specified time. AJ accepts. Main event for that night of SD isAJ/Someone vs Nak/Joe. Joe jumps AJ after the match and cashes in

unforgivn and Dimson like this.
  10. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

I don't think baby faces or monster heals need the case. It should be a regular chicken shit heel who probably won't have a shit in hell of winning the title without the briefcase.

The Miz.

11. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Yep.

The psychology behind a monster heel backdooring his way into a title win with a briefcase is abysmal lol.

The only way it works on a babyface is if they just outright say "I'm cashing in this shot at X PPV" and they play it on the up and up all honest and earnest(which makes them look like goofs for not taking advantage of the "anytime" stip) OR, the talent is on the cusp of being a babyface, is over AF with the crowds in a tweener way and when they cash-in, they can come across as heelish, but since the fans are turning him and fans love seeing title changes, it works and doesn't make them come across like cheating cunts.

Pat Patterson tells a great story about how hard he pushed for Dolph to cash-in at Mania and how it would've minted him immediately and the psychology behind how great the moment would've been, but Vince nixed it. Then they do the cash-in the immediate night after, but the people in Vince's circle who saw Dolph as an HBK tribute band buried him, and the whole cash-in and run was booked out of spite to make sure he didn't actually get over and they saw it as a joke even before he won. Then years down the line, Rollins is booked to do the EXACT cash-in that Patterson pitched and whaddaya know, it minted the guy in mere seconds lol.

Dimson likes this.
  12. Dimson

The Rollins cash in was the best cash in, in MitB history. The finish to the match made it even better.

Kevo likes this.
  13. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

The Ambrose cash in was pretty great as well

Kevo and Dimson like this.
  14. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

If only because you didn't have someone carrying it around like a jackass for 8 months

Fedorlei Gomipierre likes this.
  15. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

It was also great because he finally got one over on Rollins. Sadly, they gave him Ziggler for his first feud and he then had to pair up with Ellsworth for shit knows why before dropping it to heel AJ, but putting the belt on Ambrose was done perfectly.

16. Fedorlei Gomipierre

No joke, it was because there were people boosting other talent backstage(Roman), who would've looked really badly if Ambrose got over in the spot with minimal creative support, so they went out of their way to script his segments to make him look like a goof, booked him on the second biggest show of the year against goddamn ZIGGLER in a match that was buried down around the sixth match on the depth chart, and started burying him by saying he wasn't carrying himself like a champion and wasn't "running with the ball".

Then they booked him to do that Stone Cold podcast and he didn't engage and came off as aloof and quite frankly DIDN'T put himself across as a top guy(he was clearly uncomfortable but that comes with the territory of the spotlight) but they saw it as him being apathetic and unmotivated. I thought he buried himself in that interview too, but only because he didn't go into business for himself and try to get over with Austin teeing him up for great soundbites, so instead of acting like a "top guy" and saying "Fuck ya creative sucks and I wish I could promo without handcuffs" he just kept his mouth shut and didn't bury the company, which as their world champion and a guy who was looking for a spark, he should've done since they were already going to bury him regardless, but if him and Austin do a banger of cool improv promos, it might actually have gotten over.

FWIW, at some point Ambrose DID stop working his hardest during this run(and subsequently) and I think some of the fault lies on him because his personality isn't "brass ring" pursuant, but I think he saw the writing on the walls and didn't really give it his all as a result, so maybe he was to blame when it came to him booboofacing in the same position where a real top guy would've motherfucked everybody and taken the spotlight, but again, that's not his personality-type.

17. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

18. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Tokyo Sports reporting that Meiko Satomura is being brought in to work the Mae Young Classic Part Deux would be so fucking cool. I can't wait for them to be pissed off at how she's a better worker than 95% of the men and everybody trained at the PC and resent her for not speaking fluent English(DEFINITELY NOT MAKING THEIR TRAINERS AND TALENT SCOUTS LOOK BAD).
    --- Post Added -- Jun 14, 2018, ---
    Also, this NXT card has a weird vibe for me since they've booked some matches with Sullivan and Dream in bouts where they might need some smoke and mirrors which may have a large margin of error. Also, no Cole or Hero or ECIII(or Dunne) and an underdeveloped tag contender field isn't the best. These shows are always bangers and I have no doubt this'll be the best WWE produced show since the last one.

Kinda thinking it'd be beneficial to surround Dream with some heaters so he doesn't have to carry the whole workload or always job to hot babyfaces(also giving the babyfaces an extra out if they lose) and putting my Barbara Streisand in the Prince Of Tides ass-masking therapist/bookerman pantsuit on, I'd 100% put Dijak and Brennan Williams as Dream's badass tag team seconds ala Prince's backing groups like The Time/Revolution/NPG or just two Big Bubba Rogers, so you give those monsters a special gimmick and some look that makes them stand out since they're absolutely doing squat on the NXT houseshows. Then, you can book Dream in feuds where you can block out tons of stuntspots and protect his finishes and do much more diverse promos and eventually, once they want to make Dream a babyface, you've got an entire act that can turn and feud with Undisputed or whoever and you've got three established stars to work two different title programs.
    Mixed feelings

This is wild!

disposableassassin, Dimson and Afro like this.
  19. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

That supposedly wild tweet isn't loading. Seems deleted. Can you summarize, @Fedorlei Gomipierre ?

20. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Try the new link