WWE (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by TriangleSmoke, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

Yup. Only difference is there’s no cartoon with a baby Suzuki

2. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Fedorlei Gomipierre The IQ Poster Site Donor

And like, for me, I’ve resigned myself and my preferred psychology as somewhere between Dave and Corny but ever since ALLIN and the rapid expansion of the cool indies and guys pandering to Dave, IDK I somehow find myself agreeing with Alvarez more and more often, since he’s got more distance and perspective and isn’t concerned about losing primary access to Satin lol.

Twitter hasn’t helped Dave either since his troll gimmick against WWE homers has long been played out. I’m such a huge fan of him but recently he’s become more obnoxious and myopic in his subjective critiques- most glaringly with the AJPW Champions Carnival matches, which he barely reported on some serious bangers but had the time to watch UK shows with Riddle and goddamn BOSJ and Mexico lol.

I get that his time is limited but the basic coverage of non-NJPW puro is lame AF, since he puts over the New Japan roster so hard but there’s a good dozen guys in AJPW and NOAH who are equal or better than all but the top tier and even then, Miyahara, Nakajima and Marafuji are at that tippy top level

TriangleSmoke and Afro like this.
  3. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Part of growing up is learning adults aren't perfect.

4. Fedorlei Gomipierre

No dad, whut about you!!!
    --- Post Added -- Jun 11, 2018, ---

Kevo likes this.
  5. jesusatemyhotdog

jesusatemyhotdog Welcome to the machine.

[Dave kind of looks like a mutated Bruce McColloch.

6. Sakara=Excitement

Sakara=Excitement America's Most Wanted Site Donor

7. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

:warchief:

Dimson likes this.
  8. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

I’ll be doing that, too. Gotta get my 999¥ worth
    It’s been pretty great so far.
    Probably the first I’ve ever seen of Shibata. Incredible match.

unforgivn and Afro like this.
  9. Afro

Afro The Autumn Wind is a Raider

Anyone got the energy for RAW tonight? After Dominion I am struggling already... It's 8:15

Dimson and Fedorlei Gomipierre like this.
  10. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Corbin got a haircut. No gimmick match, no babyface getting revenge, just showed up without the skullet. If Cornette still watched, he'd have blown a fucking capillary lol.

Dimson likes this.
  11. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

If he got a hair cut, what about his other hair?

Dimson, Afro and jesusatemyhotdog like this.
  12. Fedorlei Gomipierre

I don't get it.
    --- Post Added -- Jun 11, 2018, ---

Dimson likes this.
  13. jesusatemyhotdog

He is using hair in its singular form to imply that Baron Corbin only had two hairs, which is in turn a dig at his baldness.

14. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

Hey, so when I watch NJPW, even if it’s Japanese commentary, the count for a count out is in English.

Wassupwitdat?

15. jesusatemyhotdog

Because we won the war.

Kevo likes this.
  16. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

The war on numbers?

17. Fedorlei Gomipierre

An all-time Dave burial of WWE on WOR lol.

That said, godddamn I hate agreeing with Bryan so much. Also, FFS hearing Dave argue for Kenny in the WONHOF because he's a "great worker" and has gotten a bunch of star ratings over the past two-plus years in his subjective opinion, while burying so many of the WWE guys of the last 20 years for not drawing or adhering to other criteria(such as longevity), while they're working inside that antiseptic vacuum, just gets on my nerves more and more with each WOR hahaha.

disposableassassin and Afro like this.
  18. Afro

Afro The Autumn Wind is a Raider

I was thinking exactly the same listening this morning, I hate agreeing with Bryan even though I do agree with him quite a bit lol still the way he treats callers... fuck that guy lol and yeah the WONHOF bit was bad... Seemed like he wouldn't bat an eye at nominating Kenny Omega but would have to think twice about Yuji Nagata? I can't agree with that.

Fedorlei Gomipierre likes this.
  19. Fedorlei Gomipierre

In an alternate universe where Bill Watts gets the TBS Crockett timeslot and ultimately pulverizes Vince with Turner's backing, I imagine this tweet getting a beet red "Step into my office, 'cuz you're fuckin' fired!" convo lol.

--- Post Added -- Jun 12, 2018, ---
    Think of it like this:
    - Is Kenny presently an awesome in-ring wrestler? Yes, but Dave has been his loudest supporter and his barometer is skewed. Is Kenny an elite promo? Errrrrr...

- Has Kenny been a consistent top-tier performer? 3 years-ish, sure. But there are also a lot of duds before that and stuff that buried himself and took him this long to get into NJPW as a believable contender...

- Is Kenny historically significant? Yes, because he broke Dave's scale, but that's subjective. Also Dave's scale is like a naive chick's virginity the first week of college. That following semester of awakening to new experiences is kind of a blur, no?

- Is he a draw? Yes, but on a US indy-level(still does substantial increases) and for NJPW, although this may be false praise for him, as it's Naito and Okada being the big needle movers there.

So per the HOF criteria, Kenny's absolutely a viable candidate down the line for sure. But rn, he hasn't done it for long enough to have the track record, he hasn't done enough business on his own(like say, the original Mistico) and he still has some strikes against him during his earlier career where he took a total shit by being a fucking goof and buried himself into a hole of complete oblivion and wasted years of his career.

Nagata on the other hand, is a sure fire HOFer for me. His biggest knock was that he came around at a time when Inoki basically killed the business by booking his top workers in shoots, and despite being the top guy, was completely killed off as a draw because of stupid positions he had no right being placed in, none of which was his fault. He's had endless bangers for three decades(consistency, match quality), has a sterling reputation(contribution to business), has moved numbers in different companies and outside of his business drawing issues(which again, blame Inoki), it's a no-brainer.

Jun's a harder candidate, but he's still got the longevity and probably can be knocked for working in dying companies and would likely be in the same spot that AJ would've been in had he never left TNA.

I just can't with Dave and those Elite guys. Christ, he's even gagging over Marty and Hangman and I'm like, there are dozens of guys I'd put ahead of both in conversations and Dave doesn't even give those other names the time of day lol.

Meh, I still love him, but I think Dave would benefit a bit from not completely disregarding all of Corny's hate for those guys and maybe looked at it from his perspective to "get" the other POV, which Dave, as a cyborg, is incapable of doing.

disposableassassin and Afro like this.
  20. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...