1. The raw hunk of meat that used to be my enemy makes a sound, and I know where the mouth is. And I think the word he's trying to say is 'please'. Pity, not vengeance sends my fist flying into his skull. "UFC 227: Dillashaw vs Garbrandt II" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims start at 6:15 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
The books are open. Get your bets in now for UFC 227: Dillashaw vs. Garbrandt II.

WWE (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by TriangleSmoke, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Afro

Afro The Autumn Wind is a Raider

Had to cringe when Dave said no one else could have that kind of match with Okada.

Fedorlei Gomipierre likes this.
  2. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Fedorlei Gomipierre The IQ Poster Site Donor

Not even AJ lol.

Pretty sure Bryan could still have a better match too, but it's the Kenny/Elite bias haaaaaaard.

disposableassassin likes this.
  3. Afro

Not even AJ dude lol, that part I didn't even bother cringe I just tuned it out like I do when Dave starts talking MMA.

4. Fedorlei Gomipierre

I might've mentioned a time or two in the past that I have an affinity for Big Dave, but goddamn this week hasn't been his best for perspective and recusing himself from his bias. He kinda totally buried the Marafuji/Miyhara AJPW title match as an afterthought in the BOSJs when I had it as a top five MOTY.

TriangleSmoke and Afro like this.
  5. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

[​IMG]

6. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

7. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

Goddamn that spinner WWE belt was a piece of utter shit.

Not a huge fan of the current designs either, I think the womens ones are nice but WWE/Universal...not really.

Whenever I see the old Attitude era WWF belt or the Undisputed WWE title or the Big Gold belt, makes me sad...those belts fucking ruled.

8. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

Been going through all of Okada's defenses. Shibata up next

Fedorlei Gomipierre and Afro like this.
  9. jesusatemyhotdog

jesusatemyhotdog Welcome to the machine.

[​IMG]

Dimson likes this.
  10. Dimson

You should go through Brock's. Much quicker.

Fedorlei Gomipierre and Kevo like this.
  11. Afro

Might have to join you on this adventure

12. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

Also a great one.
    I just preferred the other three over it.

[​IMG]
    --- Post Added -- Jun 11, 2018, ---

--- Post Added -- Jun 11, 2018, ---

13. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

The smokin skull belt stone cold had was pretty dope

Dimson likes this.
  14. Dimson

[​IMG]

15. Fedorlei Gomipierre

IMO, one of the three best matches I've ever seen.

16. TriangleSmoke

TriangleSmoke Motherfucker of the Century Site Donor

Fucking A I just won a firestick at work the other day. I was thinking about subscribing to NJPW's service. I haven't used the firestick yet, but there's an app ala the WWE network? My only reason for not subscribing to NJPW at this point is I'd have to watch it on my computer.

Kevo likes this.
  17. TriangleSmoke

TriangleSmoke Motherfucker of the Century Site Donor

I'm glad it's not just me. When I heard that I asked myself "WTF is this dipshit talking about?" I'm usually on the same page as Dave, but he's been wacky lately.

18. Afro

I've kinda adjusted to be on the same page with about 90% of what Dave says now, and just kind of try to ignore when he goes on his pretty biased takes on whatever indie guy he feels like pushing on that particular episode.

19. Fedorlei Gomipierre

I love Dave, but throwing around five boys to PWG matches in front of 400 people when he's so fucking hard on the WWE guys, has gotten a bit much lol. I think the peak of this bias was the Keith Lee/Dijak match, which was ridiculous and just because he was there and surrounded by a bunch of rowdy hardcores, his take was skewed and his go-to defence is nowadays of "If it worked in the building, it is a success" is easily debunkable.

20. Afro

Yeah and even though sometimes I will admit that I am a bit of an apologist when it comes to the Young Bucks in particular when they try to justify their 500 superkick matches in ROH by saying "oh that's what the crowd wants" (and I mean it really is what they want but w/e lol) and they do work a different match at least lately in NJPW with more psychology so that's where I kind of forgive them because at least as a viewer I have the option, which I do exercise, to not watch their ROH matches and stick to their NJPW work but at the same time it's not like Corny is right, and Dave is wrong when it comes to this shit being biz killers and the "whatever works for that audience" argument doesn't really fit.

And for the record that Lee/Dijak match was an incredible display of athleticism, and void of psychology. Dave was really out to left field pushing it.