Who's the #1 P4P fighter?

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by jokerthief, Apr 24, 2016.

?

Who's #1 P4P?

1. DJ

2. Jones

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. jokerthief

jokerthief No reason to get excited. Site Donor

Who's #1, DJ or Jones?

2. Tapout

Tapout Bringing Sexy Back Site Donor

DJ is most complete fighter. Jones has better wins. DJ #1 pound for pound

3. jokerthief

@Poindexter could you move this into the MMA forum?

4. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

Jones is as good a fighter as there is, but I will always have a hard time putting a guy so much bigger than most of the division in the top p4p ranking. I feel like p4p discussion starts with "if size wasn't a factor..." and Jones has always used his size very well. I'll go with DJ. Really curious to see how he'd do against the likes of Cruz, Dillashaw and Faber in 2016.

Initial_ZEN and jokerthief like this.
  5. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Hopefully within the year they both move up a weight class, and we find out.

I voted for DJ

6. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Well-Known Member

Dj hands down IMO. He has the skills has fought bigger guys. Dude is a stud.

7. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

I can't recall a single combination thrown by Jones last night. It was all one shot at a time -- even when OSP was covering up on the ground. Demetrious is a much more highly skilled mixed martial artist, and he has proven he can win fights in a variety of ways. He's the P4P king of MMA right now, and the gap between him and second place is only getting wider each time he steps in the cage.

kanobro likes this.
  8. Malevolence

Malevolence ...TESTING POSITIVE FOR TURINABOL

DJ, best skill set in the sport. Dominant champion, never seen him in any sort of trouble fighting in his weight class.

9. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

Kimbo wud be #1 if he wuz 125 lbs too.

10. Trodden

Trodden Aggretsuko is my power animal

two words

mighty fucking mouse!

11. SandyWH

SandyWH CHAOS KREATOR

thats 3 words

Nebraska likes this.
  12. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

i didnt know that you people could count that high

13. Trodden

Trodden Aggretsuko is my power animal

:snoop:

its an old joke. never mind

14. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko Champ-Champ MMA Pick 'Ems World Champion

Jesus Jones, MM is really good but look who he has fought, he is in the thinnest men division, now if he would move to 135 and beat cruz and dillashaw then we got something. there is just not enough talent at 125 for me to consider him the best.
    Jones has fought and beaten better fighters with better resumes.

15. jesusatemyhotdog

jesusatemyhotdog Welcome to the machine.

16. sourdough

sourdough Sourdough Survival Pool Champion Site Donor

17. Nebraska

Nebraska Poindexter For President NFL S.P. Champion Site Donor

When was last time Jones landed something significant with that 84.5-inch reach of his? Show it to me. He uses his lead hand for eye pokes and the other stays attached to his chin for defense.

His last opponent had three weeks notice and only one arm for the final three rounds, and all Jones did was kick him in the knees. That's your vote for pound-for-pound, inch-for-inch, most-skilled fighter in the world?

I guess someone had to vote for him, but solely based on the fact that he has beaten popular fighters? Come on.

18. jokerthief

I don't buy that the division is weak. It lacks star power, but the 125ers are damn good fighters.

Kevo, Nebraska and NotSoDarkAngel like this.
  19. SandyWH

SandyWH CHAOS KREATOR

I don't think we can say Jones' opponents are better than Johnson's. 205ers get a ton more hype with 125ers, and therefore look a lot better on the surface. How many Olympians (other than Special Olympians) has Jones fought?
    John Dodson would be a top fighter in 125, 135, and possibly 145. And DJ owns him
    Let's look at this reasonably. The 4 most dominant champions we've seen come through are Silva, GSp, Jones and DJ.
    All seemed to go multiple fights before losing rounds.
    DJ though is finishing opponents in a division where finishes are at a premium. And his P4P competition isn't exactly on a run of stopping guys either.

With Jones seemingly unwilling or inability to finish, and only Cormier, Werdum and McGregor even remotely in the top 5, There is no case to be made. The P4P top dog is a Mouse.

foundstarr likes this.
  20. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko Champ-Champ MMA Pick 'Ems World Champion

we can certainly say that, Jones has finished legends and beaten the best class of lhw fighters of our generation.

DJ has beaten some good names but the resumes are not even close, even the resumes of the fighter they have beaten.

Jones notable wins - Bader, Evans, DC, Machida, Shogun, Rampage, Glover Teixeira, Vitor Belfort

MM notable wins - Cejudo, John Dodson, Joseph Benavidez, Ian McCall, Miguel Torres,Ali Bagautino

if Johnson had Cruz and TJ on his resume again that is a different story and then we could be talking about him as the best p4p, as it stands now i would have Cruz before Johnson.