1. The raw hunk of meat that used to be my enemy makes a sound, and I know where the mouth is. And I think the word he's trying to say is 'please'. Pity, not vengeance sends my fist flying into his skull. "UFC 227: Dillashaw vs Garbrandt II" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims start at 6:15 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
The books are open. Get your bets in now for UFC 227: Dillashaw vs. Garbrandt II.

Who has the faster reaction time? MMA Fighter or Extreme Sports Athlete?

Discussion in 'MMA University' started by Jager Meister Hunter, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Jager Meister Hunter

Jager Meister Hunter Well-Known Member

..Such as a rollerblader going down hill, or a skater having to react to objects....etc...this was inspired by Freak's animated gif. It looks like a rollerblader blasting high speed down a tunnel or something. I wonder when it comes to quick reflexes which is faster?

2. Intellectual

Intellectual Breathe Life Into a Stone

Apples and oranges. Different fields.

I know it's not one of the options, but I'm gonna say ice hockey, especially for goaltenders trying to block the puck.

[​IMG]

Look at this shit

3. Harlem Hustler

Harlem Hustler Dont argue, I'm always right!

football players and basketball players are the most athletic in the world IMO. You dont have to have great reflexes to be a MMArtist. It helps but it's not a staple for success.

To be a great point guard, line backer, or running back, the coach doesnt select you unless you have incredible reflexes. On that note, Teddy Atlas has once said that all the best HW Boxers are playing football lol.

4. neo

neo Misses Karo

You don't need great reflexes at all to be a linebacker or running back, wtf? You never played the positions obviously. Reflexes help but a lot of linebackers or RBs have little in terms of hand eye co-ordination

Best reflexes are either hockey goalies or badminton players. Boxers are up there

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0LRgS4iq2jQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  5. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

Can't discount these folks either when it comes to hand eye coordination

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J1PyyAC6NHk?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J1PyyAC6NHk?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Goalies need an very high reaction time, I'd imagine the best batters would also need the same when you're considering the speed at which pucks and baseballs travel. Tennis is another sport because you have to react to the ball with your whole body WELL in advance of it being there. A tennis player that can consistently return a service over 130 has to have some incredible reaction time.

6. Monsonbychoke

Monsonbychoke Well-Known Member

TIM THOMAS........nothing more to be said.

7. Harlem Hustler

Harlem Hustler Dont argue, I'm always right!

Ummm, he was comparing MMA to rollerblading or skateboarding; being able to dip out of the way of objects not catch a puck.

I dont doubt that Hockey players have good hand eye coordination but for these Point guards and running backs to stop and cut, juke, and break defenders out of their shoes takes the natural born gift of athleticism. Foot work and speed? Sorry but just because a hockey goalie can csatch a puck very fast doesnt mean he has great natural born hand speed. Also, I've played plenty of football throughout my life in high school and as recreation and I also was pretty fucking good at badminton aswell and I know first hand that you dont have to be any more athletic to play it than you do Basketball or football. I'm also talking about at the highest level.

8. Intellectual

Intellectual Breathe Life Into a Stone

Hasek is laughing.

9. split2874

split2874 Moving Forward

All sports need some kind of eye hand coordination

you could probably find a person in every sport with absurd reflexes. It is not the sport it the person

10. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

here i was, thinking you knew nothing about MMA for all this time, when it turns out you know nothing about anything.

11. Afro

Afro The Autumn Wind is a Raider

Is Badminton common in Harlem?

12. Jager Meister Hunter

Jager Meister Hunter Well-Known Member

Is Common in Harlem?

13. split2874

split2874 Moving Forward

What about table tennis (ping pong)

14. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

what about chicken fucking?

15. Dirty

Dirty fuck you!

16. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

Paddle saves send shivers down my spine every time!

17. sourdough

sourdough Sourdough Site Donor Asst. Bookie

You are all wrong. Elite computer FPS players have the fastest reaction time.

18. Monsonbychoke

Monsonbychoke Well-Known Member

Ping pong bitches

19. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Air hockey, hookers.

20. ILJO

ILJO Soggy Bottom Boy Site Donor

Hacky sack