1. It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience. Discuss: "UFC 220: Miocic vs. Ngannou" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 7:00 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We've created a backup site in case the forum experiences any technical difficulties. Please bookmark the following addresses: www.reddit.com/r/MMASPOT/ and/or www.nm.reddit.com/r/MMASPOT/. All urgent announcements will be posted there in the event that the main site goes down. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice

Whittaker Injured, Rockhold vs. Romero For Interim (UFC 221)

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by Cat--Smasher, Dec 6, 2017.

1. NotSoDarkAngel

NotSoDarkAngel Well-Known Member

I guess so. You expect it to make contact, but you don't expect it to do anything. Like giving your gf a facial lol

2. chuckthechamp

chuckthechamp #NinerEmpire

Absolutely not. Many times in training i have thrown a combo that i intended the 3 punch to do the damage but the 2nd punch did the damage. I still threw it with intention, not luck.

I see it more as, right place at the right time, not lucky.

3. Afro

Afro The Autumn Wind is a Raider

Yeah I used to call them pop shots in boxing if I am understanding you correctly, it's shit I would throw to set up power shots.

4. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member Survival Pool Champion

5. Malevolence

Malevolence Hurt like you’ve never been loved

Lose the le, the real cool cats are calling him Bobby Knucks.
    --- Post Added -- Dec 7, 2017, ---
    Me neither, he nearly landed the left over Rockholds shoulder twice before he caught him flush, he saw the opening & took it. Truth be told if Bisping was a better fighter he’d of landed it first time.

Goremire and Miz like this.
  6. Afro

I remember Rockhold dropping his jab too, and over-extending like BIG TIME when Bisping landed the one punch that initially rocked him, matter of fact I remember Rockhold over-extending so much that be practically gave Bisping his whole body.

Malevolence likes this.
  7. Malevolence

Malevolence Hurt like you’ve never been loved

He was so sloppy with his footwork & hands after throwing it was unreal, taking someone lightly is one thing but having zero regard for your opponent is criminal & he was punished accordingly.

Take a look at Francis Ngannou in all those memes of his uppercut from hell against Ubereem, specifically look at where his right hand is, tucked up nicely against his chin. Hands on rails, going straight back to where they came from after throwing them, Diciprine!

Nebraska likes this.
  8. Afro

Even if you take someone lightly in a fight that IMO is not grounds for the fluke card, if you take someone lightly in a fight then you have a bad fight IQ

9. Ramma

Ramma Judo Throws Arouse Me

No such thing is a lucky punch, but there are 1 out of 10, 1 out of 100 chance wins. Realistically, Rockhold beats Bisping 8-9 out of 10 times.

There are fluke/unjustified wins of course, like where someone is injuried in a bizarre situation that they themselves caused the injury, certain cut situations (like Vito's glove on Randy's eye where it was not the punch by the seam of the glove), bad calls by refs/judges in a DQ situation (like what happened to Rampage in PRIDE) or opponents knocking themselves out. But all of those are fairly uncommon.

10. Goremire

Goremire Senior Member Site Donor

So last week. It's Bob K. now.

Very excited for this fight. Whittaker is fucking awesome. He won the ultimate fighter at goddamned welterweight and here he is the middleweight champion 7-0 with 4 finishes including fucking Jacare. Plus he's from my neck of the woods which is rad. So I hope he sleeps Rockhold, and goes on an undefeated reign of terror for the next 10 years and retires the true GOAT middleweight.

11. SandyWH

SandyWH CHAOS KREATOR

I certainly hope that they at least make Georges fly out and hand the paper belt he won to the winner of this fight.

12. Cat--Smasher

--- Post Added -- Dec 8, 2017, ---

--- Post Added -- Dec 8, 2017, ---

13. dan the man

dan the man Gina Carano's personal sex slave

I hope Whittaker fucking ends that douchebag's career!

14. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

As far as I'm concerned Whittaker has been the one and true MW champ since he beat Souza. Same as T Ferg. Lets prop up the real fighters, the T Fergs the Whittakers of the world. The talkers can eat a bag of dicks.

15. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

And then they can swallow a shit sandwich whole.

disposableassassin likes this.
  16. Cat--Smasher

No Whittaker, no Rockhold, no Yoel... I wonder what Kelvin is holding out for?

17. AnchorPunch

AnchorPunch Well-Known Member Site Donor

I'm a Kelvin mark, but I'd like to hear more details from someone other than Malki...

Poindexter and Cat--Smasher like this.
  18. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Bisping admitted that he saw the hole and trained exactly for that.

Malevolence likes this.
  19. Cat--Smasher

UFC 221 in Australia could get 2nd pay-per-view title fight

--- Post Added -- Dec 12, 2017, ---
    Gastelum says Robert Whittaker had to choose between him and Rockhold: He took the ‘easier fight’

20. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!