1. The raw hunk of meat that used to be my enemy makes a sound, and I know where the mouth is. And I think the word he's trying to say is 'please'. Pity, not vengeance sends my fist flying into his skull. "UFC 227: Dillashaw vs Garbrandt II" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims start at 6:15 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
The books are open. Get your bets in now for UFC 227: Dillashaw vs. Garbrandt II.

Where Do You Train?

Discussion in 'Boxing & Grappling' started by Noob, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Palma

Palma I am chaos

So 9 years. I wouldn't normally talk to an instructor about it, but after 9 years you really have nothing to lose.

2. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Any tips on picking a bjj school? What should I look for? There is a gracie and a 10th planet in the area, but there's one right down the street from my work. Serafin BJJ if that means anything to anybody.

3. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Avoid anywhere Hermes Franca is teaching.

Ninjastix likes this.
  4. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

I'm not underage, I should be fine.

Ninjastix likes this.
  5. Palma

Palma I am chaos

I googled Serafin Bjj and it looks like a legit all around school. Gracie could be a lot of different types of academies, but if it's a Gracie Barra or Gracie Jiu-jitsu Academy specifically, then they typically have their own proprietary way of doing things. 10 planet does as well. It doesn't mean I'd avoid them, but personally I prefer an independently ran school with a mix of competition style bjj, self defense, and NoGi.
    --- Post Added -- Jul 27, 2018, ---
    I googled Serafin Bjj and it looks like a legit all around school. Gracie could be a lot of different types of academies, but if it's a Gracie Barra or Gracie Jiu-jitsu Academy specifically, then they typically have their own proprietary way of doing things. 10 planet does as well. It doesn't mean I'd avoid them, but personally I prefer an independently ran school with a mix of competition style bjj, self defense, and NoGi.

Kevo likes this.
  6. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Thanks for the info

Palma likes this.
  7. Palma

Palma I am chaos

Go to hell!

Kevo and Afro like this.
  8. Afro

Afro The Autumn Wind is a Raider

[​IMG]

Palma, Kevo and Poindexter like this.
  9. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

Do the week free trial and see if you like the instructor and people. The one by your work sounds convenient. It will be great for your kids as well.

Kano, Kevo and Poindexter like this.
  10. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

You just described my mma/jui jitsu gym, twice.

Palma and Poindexter like this.