1. Nothing any good isn’t hard. Discuss: "UFC Fight Night 121: Werdum vs. Tybura" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 6:30 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Luck, bad if not good, will always be with us. The books are open. Get your bets in now for UFC Fight Night 121: Werdum vs. Tybura.
Dismiss Notice
Pick a peck of pickled pick 'ems: UFC Fight Night: Werdum vs. Tybura

Where Do You Train?

Discussion in 'Boxing & Grappling' started by Noob, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Problematique

Problematique Australia's Gaston.

Not exactly sure, about 2 kangaroo pelts a week.

2. ILJO

ILJO Mississippi Girl Site Donor

Are there kangaroo ranches over there?

3. ArMnHC

ArMnHC Great Chimdale County Man

I started training at Robert Drysdale's school at the end of January, it's awesome!

4. Ct_L33T

Ct_L33T Well-Known Member

http://www.unit2fitness.com/

Unit 2 Fitness, Atlanta Ga

Roberto Traven is the primary instructor and a very good one. Ive been training for about 5 months now, entering my first tournament this saturday.

5. bradlabo

bradlabo In Half Guard I Trust

Expect to pay around $100

6. ILJO

For? Doesn't it usually go by how many classes you want to take per week?

7. The Sundance Kid

The Sundance Kid Outlaw Staff Member

The Hundred would be unlimited classes.

8. ILJO

Cool, thanks guys.

Hopefully I can work something out to where I can take like 2 (hopefully 3) classes a week for less because 100 is a little steep for me but I'd really like to continue going... even though I'm basically embarrassing myself at this point because so far I'm always the first to gas and stop. That will change though, I knew I wasn't in good shape going into this. When I'm fresh though (which doesn't last long) I think I do pretty decent for a beginner so I have hope and a belief that I'll be good one day if I'm able to stick with it.

9. bradlabo

Any updates on this?

10. ILJO

Well I was working out a deal with the guy... He told me his options, which were basically either one day a week, or unlimited classes a week.... I told him I wanted something in-between because I couldn't afford the unlimited and what's the point of one hour class a week (I didn't say it like that but you get the point). He told me he's willing to compromise and that he'd think about it and call me back.

He never called me back.

He probably just forgot. He's actually a really nice guy, but I don't want to bother him with my bullshit. I'm going to be incredibly busy this upcoming school year because I will be on rotations so I'll be all over the place and I can't give him a commitment and I'm broke so I have to work out some kind of special arrangement with him... so I just said fuck it...

But in a little over a year I'll be graduating (hopefully) and I'll get a job and I'm definitely going to sign up somewhere

11. bradlabo

Does your college/university offer a program? I know of a few in my area that charge $50-100 a year for up to 6 days a week training..

12. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

Just suck cock for lessons ILJO, you do it for everything else.

I did the dishes last night, and this kid was on my cock like it had a hoodie and some skittles.

That's appreciation right there.

13. ILJO

No, my college is pretty small. They have a gym with some free weights and a bicycle machine or some shit, but that's about it

14. ArMnHC

[​IMG]

Drysdale Jiu-Jitsu baby!!! I placed 3rd over the weekend and the IBJJF Las Vegas Open as a white belt at 195lbs (I was 11 pounds under lol), and since I placed Robert gave me my 3rd stripe as a white belt. helluva 8 months of training it's been! I love it!!! going to do NAGA on September 8th

15. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

awesome. good for you, dude.

16. ILJO

^ Very cool. Keep up the good work!

17. bradlabo

Awesome dude.... A lot of people don't get waht stripes represent but they are huge! You are a senior now getting closer to blue!

Congrats!

- - - - - added to post - - - - -

Around 3 stipes is when the BJJ lifestyle really took hold of me, hope it does for you.

18. ArMnHC

Thanks guys! Stripes are huge, and when someone gets promoted it's a huge deal at the gym. It's an incredible confidence booster, and really just makes you want to achieve more and more. And after competing this past weekend for the first time, I'm truly hooked. It's why I'm jumping into the next one so fast. My goal is to get my blue belt by March.

19. bradlabo

Nice dude... Competing is def addictive. I have done 5 so far this year, would have been 6 but got Impitego.. Have 5 from sept 1 to November though:)

20. ArMnHC

I know they just had IBJJF Toronto the other weekend, did you compete in that tournament?