What's next for Nate Diaz? And another interesting thought...

Discussion in 'General MMA Forum' started by LebenTysonTank, Nov 6, 2019.

1. LebenTysonTank

LebenTysonTank Well-Known Member

So both Dana and Nate said post fight that Nate was going to be getting the same plastic surgery that Nick got after he fought KJ Noons the first time some years ago,to remove a bunch of accumulated scar tissue, so I think they said about 6 months off for Nate.

I imagine that Masvidal will be having a fight in the meantime,although he also said that he needs some time off to heal his hands.

I think that Masvidals next fight will most likely be the winner of Covington vs Usman,the only other possible fight would be a fight with Conor,but that would entail Masvidal dropping down to 155,which as he has stated,he can and would do if the opportunity presented itself.

Also,Conor has been saying that he wants to return to being a very active fighter,his first comeback fight being (most likely) against Cowboy in January. I would think that if Conor starches Cowboy he (and the UFC) is going to want Conor to win at least one more fight before getting a rematch with Khabib.

I'm thinking that the thing that most makes sense is Dana is thinking (hoping) that Conor knocks out Cowboy,and then fights Nate in the trilogy a few months later in which will now probably be the new biggest UFC fight of all time.

When Nate was asked at the post fight if he would consider getting his rematch with Conor,it sounded like if Masvidal wasn't available then he would take the fight,but I imagine that would also mean that Nate and Conor fight at 155.

I had another interesting thought... if the path that I just speculated actually comes to fruition, which involves Nate at least temporarily dropping back to 155... WHAT IF....big brother Nick Diaz decides he wants to make his return at 170 Lbs?? Would Nick see Masvidal as a worthy adversary? Would he not take the fight before Nate got his rematch?? Nick hasn't officially retired,and after all of the success that Nate is having and the UFC seeing his massive star power,I dont think it's out of the realm of absurdity the UFC tries to push Nick in to making a comeback for big money,possibly against Masvidal...

So in closing my final question is... Would you rather see a Nate vs Masvidal rematch...or Nick Diaz vs Masvidal more??

2. Noise

Noise Ruido

The alphabet.

S=E and Trodden like this.
  3. Trodden

Trodden Aggretsuko is my power animal

Brought to you by the letter F

Make sure you go to college. I suggest F U

4. CA_Gas Bag

CA_Gas Bag Well-Known Member

"A-B-J-J-3-D-Weed...

Man fuck a alphabet." *fights kindergarten teacher*

S=E likes this.
  5. Noise

Noise Ruido

:rofl:

6. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

Conor then gets the title shot.

7. LebenTysonTank

If that was the clear path then why wouldn't Conor be clearly laying that out as he usually does when he visualizes and then verbalizes what his plans are?
    He knows he has Cowboy in January already,yet he keeps talking about fighting Nate or Masvidal next. I think he wants to fight Khabib once he has been active like he used to be and has had teo straight fights and training camps. Honestly,that's his best chance at beating Khabib,an active Conor is the best version of Conor.

8. Kano

Yep, I should have added, he gets the title shot if that's what he wants.

9. Beardown98

Beardown98 Well-Known Member

Nick vs Masividal please. I think Nick should take a tune up fight first because Masividal is on fire and hitting his peak right now. I just don’t see a tune up fight ever happening for a Diaz.

10. LebenTysonTank

Yeah both Nick and Nate aren't interested in any tune up fights. I think Nick especially only wants big names/fights. As much as I love Nate,Nick is aCOMPLETELY different animal. If a Nick Diaz version that fought Daley/Smith shows up to fight,I think he lights Masvidal up.

Beardown98 likes this.
  11. S=E

S=E 5x Pick 'Ems Winner Site Donor

Who is Nick Diaz? Did he used to fight?

kc56, Noise and Kevo like this.
  12. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

You guys think Nick would usurp Nate. I’m having major GOT withdrawals still. There can be only one. (Kano has no idea now as to what I’m talking about as he’s probably never seen Highlander either.)

Trodden likes this.
  13. Kano

correct

Miz and Trodden like this.
  14. Trodden

Trodden Aggretsuko is my power animal

racist

what'ya got against the Scottish?

Miz and Kano like this.
  15. Kano