1. If you wait by the river long enough, the bodies of your enemies will float by. "UFC on ESPN+ 9: Iaquinta vs. Cowboy" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 5:00 p.m. ET on ESPN+.
    Dismiss Notice

What kind of phone do you use?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Frag x 3, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Spoon

Spoon There is no Spoon Survival Pool Champion

The V30 seems like a really good phone. I was looking at it at the beginning of the month, but went with the G6 because it was cheaper. From youtube videos I've seen, the V30 has one of the best, if not the best, phone cameras on the market (at least in manual mode.) The power button/fingerprint scanner is placed nicely, below the cameras in the center. You can also set the phone to turn on with "knock knock", which means you simply have to double tap the screen. But setting that up will turn off the fingerprint scanner. It also has knock and swipe pattern codes as well, that do work with the fingerprint.

But all in all, I've been pretty pleased with both LG phones I've had.

2. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

Fuck android.

Poindexter likes this.
  3. dan the man

dan the man Gina Carano's personal sex slave

They are also claiming awesome sound, although I cannot say I have ever been impressed by any phone's sound before.

I will give some feedback once I get it and have had it for a bit....

4. dan the man

dan the man Gina Carano's personal sex slave

I've had the V30 for a few days now, and am loving it! It almost instantly made my S6 feel like a relic. Getting used to the home button on the back of the phone. The fingerprint scanner works flawlessly (never worked great on the Samsung, and just stopped working altogether), and face recognition is cool too, although the fingerprint scanner is a lot quicker. I haven't used the camera much yet, but plan to soon and often.

So far, I would recommend it..............

5. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

I went with the pixel 2 xl on Verizon. I love Samsung's screens but I hate their bloat. It just constantly drains the phone necessitating a top off charge damn near every 4 hours.

I will say that I find the Pixel's screen on par or better than the iPhone but no where near as vibrant as a Samsung. Performance and battery life have this far been stellar but I don't find it charges as fast as a Galaxy.

There's a current deal with Verizon for 300 off the pixel 2 xl so that was a factor in the decision making as well. I have nothing against Samsung's products but I wish they would stop overloading the phones with their software. Personally I prefer google assistant, calendar, maps, and docs to the Apple ecosystem so that's why I'm sticking with Android.

Only had the phone a day so I can't overtly recommend but I consider this high value for dollar thus far... If you like stock Android and you're all about the Googles.

6. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

I picked up the iPhone XS Max this morning. I'm a tech junkie so I love these Apple devices.

Poindexter likes this.
  7. Thamob

Thamob ISYMFS

I just got the s9+. Like it so far.

Dimson and split2874 like this.
  8. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

Don't know if I ever posted it but I use a Pixel 2 and it's hands down the best phone I've ever used.

Haha, sorry my post is like 2 up but I'm sunk like a fish at the moment on vacay. Pardon my shit posting.

Dimson and Poindexter like this.