1. If you wait by the river long enough, the bodies of your enemies will float by. "UFC on ESPN+ 9: Iaquinta vs. Cowboy" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 5:00 p.m. ET on ESPN+.
    Dismiss Notice

What kind of phone do you use?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Frag x 3, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Fuckers.

2. TriangleSmoke

TriangleSmoke Motherfucker of the Century Site Donor

Samsung Galaxy S7. It's a piece of shit. Ifyou're an android model fan stick with the LG's.

3. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

I'm thinking about get the iPhone 7 to hold me over, I'm wondering if the monthly payment play allowing to get a new phone every year is worth it. Mainly because I'd rather try the 8 or whatever it's going to be called.

4. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

My business partner at one of my shops has taught me how to repair iPhones. I get a lot of enjoyment out of doing it. So far, I can only do screens, front facing camera, proximity sensor and ear speaker but at some point, I'll be able to change the battery, charge port and rear speakers too. Repairs are almost pure profit on iPhones as the parts are relatively cheap.

5. split2874

split2874 Relax

Anybody know if AT&T is going to release a Samsung S8 Active? if so when will it be released?

6. FrankieButNotEdgar

Yes, leaks have already started to surface. No release date yet other than, "in a few weeks."

split2874 likes this.
  7. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

I now have the G8+.

8. split2874

split2874 Relax

Ok cool. I really like the active series. I would have destroyed the S6 edge if I had it instead of the S6 active. The S6 Active is perfect for my 16 year old son. His older brother has the S7 active.

9. FrankieButNotEdgar

I just sold an S6 Active about an hour ago. I liked that they started putting a camo pattern paint job on them. I prefer the Apple OS over android but there's no denying that Samsung makes a good looking device.

split2874 likes this.
  10. Dimson

Dimson Your tears don't fall...

Make that the S8+.

11. split2874

split2874 Relax

Anybody have the S7 Active with AT&T. I know the S8 Active will be coming out this summer at some point. But my son needs a new phone (he has the S3 Galaxy) I am hoping for some 4th of July Sales.

12. FrankieButNotEdgar

I held off on the iPhone X because I didn’t like that they removed the home button and it’s actually smaller than the iPhone 8 Plus I was using. One of my regular customers had the same gripe as me so I traded him my 8 plus for his iPhone X fully knowing that if I didn’t end up liking it, I could sell the damn thing for $1,200 and buy another 8 plus with cash to spare. It was win-win.

I have to say, I’m pretty happy with it. Face ID is actually easier than Touch ID. I haven’t experienced any of the delays that other people reported having. The swipe down to pull the screen down so you can reach the top works great once I got used to it. It replaces the double tap seamlessly.

Also; while the phone itself is smaller than my 8 plus was, the screen is edge to edge so it’s actually a bigger screen. I’ve also heard that the 2018 iPhone X will come in a 6.5 model so that will be awesome.

All in all, I’m very pleased. I just need to get a case for it. The screen alone on this thing would cost $515 to replace.

Poindexter and Walter Sobchak like this.
  13. MBC

MBC Well-Known Member

I wonder what phone Hoyer has...

14. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

I use my wall phone,

True story.

15. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

I want a One Plus 5T but that shit ain't on Verizon.

16. FrankieButNotEdgar

It will work on Verizon but it’s not going to be perfect, depending on where you live. It does have CDMA support but is missing one of the Verizon LTE bands. It will work in some places and be sketchy in other places.

17. Virtualpurple

Virtualpurple Go Team Venture!

Frag et al,

I am either looking to buy the iPhone or an android that gives me a very optimized experience (currently on a galaxy s5). Can someone suggest to me the slickest android that doesn't feel like a tablet in my hands, and that is a good balance of power, battery life. Etc. I'd prefer an unlocked phone.

Poindexter likes this.
  18. FrankieButNotEdgar

Frag hasn’t sold phones in a few years.

If you want a nice Samsung phone without it being big, the Galaxy S7 is your best bet. The S8 is a lot bigger.

19. split2874

split2874 Relax

I have to the S8 and love it .It is not much bigger than my s6 active.

My wife has the S8 plus and it is a lot bigger

20. dan the man

dan the man Gina Carano's personal sex slave

My Samsung Galaxy S6 has started making me crazy. The home button needs to be pressed pretty firmly to actually work, sometimes taking 3 or 4 presses. On a phone call, no one can hear me for the 1st couple of seconds, so I always have to repeat anything I said. My 32 Gigs is just about full. And the fingerprint recognition stopped working a long time ago.

I just ordered an LG V30 yesterday, which I should receive early in the week. I have never had an LG phone before, so I am hoping it will be a pleasant surprise. It has 64 Gigs, and is very highly rated on Verizon's site.....