1. "UFC 241: Cormier vs. Miocic II" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Early Prelims start at 6:30 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

What kind of phone do you use?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Frag x 3, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Tapout

Tapout Bringing Sexy Back Site Donor

So slippery, and I'm caseless. I think cases make the phone look terrible.

2. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

That's why I use an otterbox commuter. Covers the back but leaves the front open. The damn iPhone 6 and 6S as well as their larger counterparts are slicker than snot on a door knob.

3. Frag x 3

Frag x 3 everybody's friend

I'm in for the 256GB Jet Black iPhone 7. It's set for delivery on the 16th.

Poindexter likes this.
  4. Tapout

Tapout Bringing Sexy Back Site Donor

That's what I got! The scratch thing seems far fetch.
    --- Post Added -- Sep 9, 2016, ---
    Did you do the apple plan?

5. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

Note 7 is gorgeous but I just think once you slap a case on it, kind of defeats the purpose of having a phone that size unless you have huge hands. It's an amazing screen for sure, probably the best I've seen on a phone. I missed having a Samsung phone, I don't think I can go back to an Apple screen until they up the resolution and colors. I don't get the dual camera, if you need a quality camera they're very reasonably priced now a days. To think your phone needs two-rear facing is silly. I had hoped they would churn out an audio/visual centric plus with an enhanced display and audio options because that shit has been sorely lacking on Apple devices. I can't even set my fucking sound levels through an EQ ffs. I'd of liked a thicker 7 plus that contained more battery, a better display, and more audio software/hardware options.

It was initially a tough call to roll back to Samsung, but honestly my Galaxy 5 had a better screen than my 6 plus. If you haven't gotten to see the Edge screen, before you do Apple anything wait. Go to a store and check out the Edge 7 or the Note 7 once they're back in stock. I slapped my Edge 7 into a Mophie so I'm sitting on a 3600 mah battery in a 3300 mah case :) . Juice for days brah!!! Seriously though, if you consume media on your phone look at the color, brightness, depth, and sharpness of the Edge series. Then compare it to the Apple iPhone. If you think I'm lying do a side by side comparison at a best buy. The colors and blacks on the Edge phones are fucking stupid, to the point it's the only thing I'm watching media on because it looks so amazing.

I will also say that I... fucking... missed Swiftkey so much I cannot... no words. Just no words to convey how much I missed Swiftkey. I don't hate Apple's hardware, software, or direction. I'd of liked a more media-centric release other than a dual camera because... because why? But I hate their fucking keyboard. It's garbage. I spend most of my day texting and searching shit online so the keyboard is big deal. Even the stock Samsung keyboard is about 4x's better than that fucking Apple keyboard.

I may have gone Note 7 if they were still in stock, I do like the bigger phone but I'd of never used the stylus. It'd of been something to lose or get stuck. I'm also assuming that having the S-pen software running in the background is also a battery drain. I don't game on my phones, I just do web browsing and media, so I've been keeping my Edge in power save mode and I've been very impressed. Also recharge speed is impressive but I imagine that will improve with the iPhone 7.

I'll be curious to see what they do with the 7s, or 7x or whatever the fuck they want to call them going forward. If I learned anything it's not to be the initial number release of any iphone.

MacEwen and disposableassassin like this.
  6. foundstarr

foundstarr Inspector SpaceTime Site Donor

Hey Frag, got lg g4 hate the battery life and the heat. don't want iOS at all. Android options that are a solid smart phone?

7. ILJO

ILJO Bitch Nigga 3000 Site Donor

^ Yeah, I'm in the market for an android as well.

I've had HTC's for a while now (currently an M8 One), basically just because I'm used to it. I'm thinking about upgrading to the M10, but I figure I should weigh my options. Is there anything substantially better, or should I just stick with what I'm used to?

8. split2874

split2874 Relax

I have the galaxy s6 active. I love the phone. The camera pic quality is amazing. It is a tough phone the screen is awesome. My wife will be upgrading soon probably to the S7.

9. Ninjastix

There are a bunch of options, just depends on what your demands are. Both the LG5 and HTC10 are well rated phones, but if you're looking for bang for buck, and don't use Verizon then the Chinese-made One-Plus 3 is extremely popular. There's also the Axon ZTE 7 which I don't know much about but has impressive specification (and audio supposedly)

I was on the fence with the Droid Moto Z Force but at its price point, I couldn't justify losing the headphone jack and being only able to augment the phone using specific mods. It's an option though as would be a Nexus phone (6p is the current). The Moto Z Force also has a shatter proof display.

I don't think any of these phones have the "Wow!" factor of the iPhone or Samsung when it comes to screen/camera, but audio and build quality they're on par.

http://www.androidauthority.com/best-android-phones-568001/

10. FrankieButNotEdgar

If you must go with android, I'd go with the LG V10 or V20 but will admit, the S7 Edge is an impressive piece of hardware.

11. ChuckBooty 2.0

ChuckBooty 2.0 The downgraded upgrade Site Donor

I just got a Note 4 a couple months ago. I love it. I'm eventually gonna have to upgrade though cuz I want a little bit of that Samsung VR action.

12. Frag x 3

Hey - sorry for the late response. I've been out of the industry for quite some time now, and I haven't kept up with it much. The easy answer is the Galaxy S7 / Edge - but I have a Nexus 6P that I really like as a secondary device.

I'm loving the iPhone 7 so far - no scuffs or scratches yet.

13. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

How's the camera?

14. ILJO

ILJO Bitch Nigga 3000 Site Donor

Why?

15. FrankieButNotEdgar

Samsung is a despicable company that pushes out rushed devices that almost always have issues. If you're in the market for an android, LG makes quality devices. The V10 and the V20 are their best current devices. A Motorola device would be good too.

16. Ninjastix

That's pretty much every phone company. They're also not the first to have an exploding battery or something that catches fire.

The Edge 7 is a pretty crazy phone. If I were on at&t, I'd of gotten the Active in a heart beat. That's my kind of phone. Until the Note's US battery issue is solved, you can get any number of phones that do all the same things but you're going to be very hard pressed to find a better screen than Samsung makes.

Just depends on what you want to do with your phone. Hard to justify the moto and would be hard for me to pick LG over HTC or a Nexus.

17. Frag x 3

It's impressing me a whole lot. Here are two shots straight from the camera roll to Imgur - one outdoor shot, and one indoor by the windows. I'm really happy with the camera and the device overall.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Poindexter likes this.
  18. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

19. MacEwen

MacEwen Best kratom distributor

I honestly love the stylus on my note. Being able to draw a square, then fill that spot with any app (usually my texting) is wonderful to me lol. Guess I'm easily impressed. I switched from apple awhile ago and probably won't go back, ever. The zenphone 3plus I think it's called is a sick phone

20. FrankieButNotEdgar

Got tired of waiting for the back ordered 7 plus to surface so I picked up a 7. I love it. It's too small for me but it will do for a few weeks. I got the jet black one so it will be easier to resale when the plus surfaces.