What kind of phone do you use?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Frag x 3, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

How's your face?

2. Tapout

Tapout Bringing Sexy Back Site Donor

God I can't wait for the iPhone press event this week. My iPhone 6 is dying. They def time them to fail when a new one comes out.

Anyone have the plus one? Do you like it's bigger size. Does it still fit in pocket?

3. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

I still have the 5S and I definitely want an upgrade.

4. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

Still using my Galaxy S4. At some point I'll change, lol.

5. disposableassassin

disposableassassin Mutatis Mutandis Site Donor

Absolutely fucked, but that is a separate issue entirely.

Kevo likes this.
  6. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

Still have my Galaxy S5. Before the S5, I had an S3. Before that a flip phone. I never am one to buy the new model immediately as it is a waste of money. I have found that Androids are more immune to planned obsolescence and gradual disintegration of processing speed.

7. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

Complete and total horseshit. Androids are replaced every 5-6 months with something better. At least Apple has one launch a year.
    --- Post Added -- Sep 5, 2016, ---
    I have the iPhone 6S Plus and love it. No issues with how big it is.

Poindexter likes this.
  8. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

I don't give a shit when new models are released. I care how long my phone lasts, ya doofus.

disposableassassin likes this.
  9. Tapout

Does it fit into the pocket easy? Does it feel heavy? What about one hand use

10. Sniggles

Sniggles ex nihilo

It's slightly smaller than an S6. You can put it in your pocket. It is more bulky though so it will take up an entire pocket. Ease of use is no problem but with the bigger phone, you will want to use the rotation more often as it makes typing two hand super quick and easy. IMO, you would regret not getting the Plus.

Feel some up and put the tester in your pocket. Just don't leave the store without paying. :D

11. FrankieButNotEdgar

I'll address your post in full tomorrow when I have more time but he's asking about a plus sized iPhone, not your shitty Galaxy s5.
    --- Post Added -- Sep 5, 2016, ---
    It does fit into the pocket easy to me but I'm a fan of the big picture phone. There are tools to make it one hand accessible but it's not something I recommend. I never try to use it with one hand. It's actually a very light phone until you put it in a case.

Sniggles likes this.
  12. disposableassassin

disposableassassin Mutatis Mutandis Site Donor

The note 7 is the best phone i have ever had minus the whole splodey thing. Once they roll out replacements I would highly recommend it.

13. FrankieButNotEdgar

Still failed all major scratch tests. Samsung keeps churning out useless, non tested bullshit every 6 months, recycling the same damn thing and calling it something different.
    --- Post Added -- Sep 8, 2016, ---
    Okay, I finally have time to address this nonsense.

You just admitted that you've had a grand total of 2 smartphones in the years that smartphones have been on the market. So let's just address those 2 devices for a moment.

The Galaxy S3, in the smartphone market, is the original XBOX 360 in terms of failure rate. More than half of the ones that come through my shop have bad charger ports. This is a problem that wasn't even addressed until the Galaxy S6. I have yet to see any S6s with high failure rates on the charge ports but I've seen my fair share of S4s and S5s with bad charger ports with the S3 being a colossal failure with the charger ports. It's mind blowing to me that a phone can be released to the public and the damn port just fucking fails. It's asinine.

The S5 is a fine phone. Nothing to gripe about on the S5 other than the fingerprint scanner is a waste of fucking time on it. It's complete and total garbage. BUT when you put the S5 against the iPhone 6 (2 phones from the same generation) it's not even close which phone is obsolete and which one is still being used. The S5 is in my bargain phone case. We sell 5-10 of those a week for 180 bucks. The iPhone 6 is still in the main case selling for $375 a pop and we sell a lot of them. Samsung in all their wisdom change the way a phone looks a little bit and tells the general public, "oh we've got a new phone out" every 5-6 fucking months like they've done something. I wipe my ass with Samsung.

Sniggles and Poindexter like this.
  14. Poindexter

@Frankie I'm thinking about getting the new iPhone 7 Plus. I'd like the smaller phone, but the two cameras in the bigger one sound interesting. Did they release pricing?

15. FrankieButNotEdgar

Pricing will never change on the iPhone. It's going to be $650 for a 7 and $750 for the 7 Plus. The 7 Plus will have two rear cameras that will both take a picture at the same time with the pictures being merged into one high quality photo. This only comes on the larger model though. Make sure you play with one in the store before you buy one, especially with you upgrading from a 5S. The 7 Plus will feel like a cinderblock in your hand. But don't fret. The iPhone 7 camera will be a monster too. It's Apple, they just keep getting better.

Poindexter likes this.
  16. Poindexter

Cool, thanks. I'll check it out.

Frankie likes this.
  17. Tapout

Ok...I'm iphone 6 user...about to upgrade

Should I go with the 7 or 7+

18. FrankieButNotEdgar

The 7 plus will have the better camera but do you feel like you're phone could be bigger?

19. Tapout

I like the idea of the bigger screen for scrolling and stuff and I do take a lot of photos...but I also consistently one hand the phone at night scrolling. When I type i use both hands. I don't have large hands and I've found the 6 can be slippery sometimes. @Frankie

20. FrankieButNotEdgar

If you're looking for a phone to use with one hand, get the 7. The camera will be fine on it. I love my bigger phone but I'm never one handing it. And yes, these bitches are slippery.