1. "UFC 241: Cormier vs. Miocic II" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Early Prelims start at 6:30 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice

What kind of phone do you use?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Frag x 3, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Goremire

Goremire Senior Member Site Donor

Got the Galaxy S6 Edge a few months back. A bit meh to be fair. Will hang for 5-10 seconds one time in every four whenever I put it through arduous tasks like 'opening my Chrome bookmarks' or 'pressing OK after entering my passcode'. But whatever, the cameras good and the screen is a good size.

2. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

Whats the best phone on the market right now?

Anyone have any experience with the Blackberry Priv?

3. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

iPhone 6S or 6S plus

4. Cat--Smasher

Whats the best phone on the market right now minus the Apple products?

5. cheeseflosser

cheeseflosser Well-Known Member

Nexus 6p, note 5, LG v10/g4 and moto x pure for the larger handsets. S6 is kind of alone in the smaller category.

6. FrankieButNotEdgar

There isn't one. They're all failures when basking in the glow of Apple.

In all seriousness, the LG V10 is the best android phone on the market if you don't like apple. I'd avoid blackberry at all costs.

Poindexter likes this.
  7. thumper

thumper Picogrammy Staff Member

hey if anyone is interested, i'm selling my Galaxy Note Pro 12.2" tablet. it's MINT. probably got about 4 total hours use, and its never left my office. All original manuals, including original packaging included.

make me an offer.

oh it's 32g and AT*T

8. Cat--Smasher

I guess the appeal to the Priv was I like the idea of an actual keyboard with buttons. I hate typing anything longer than a sentence on my phone screen.

9. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

I'm thinking about getting the iPhone SE. I have the 5S 64 GB. The problem is, the battery sucks ass. Any comments or suggestions from those in the know?

10. FrankieButNotEdgar

Any particular reason you'd be going with the SE versus a 6, 6S, 6 Plus or 6S Plus?

11. Poindexter

I keep my phone in my front pants pocket and don't mind the size. The camera and added features seem to be the same now for the SE. If you can convince me that the bigger phone would be more enjoyable/useful I'd consider it for sure.

12. FrankieButNotEdgar

I'm a bit biased on the bigger phone because I carry the 6S Plus. I like the larger display. I play games, do crossword puzzles, and read a lot from my phone so the bigger display serves my needs. If you're happy with the size of the SE, that's the way to go since it's got the same internals as a 6S.

The 6S Plus is the Conor McGregor of phones and the SE is the Frankie Edgar. :rofl:

Poindexter likes this.
  13. Poindexter

Ha. Thanks. I'll think about it for a bit.

Frankie likes this.
  14. dan the man

dan the man Gina Carano's personal sex slave

Anyone get a Galaxy S7 yet? I'm curious to know just how fast it charges...............

15. FrankieButNotEdgar

Lots of issues with the S7 which is typical of Samsung.

16. RearNakedSmoker

RearNakedSmoker Runnin' with the Devil

I got an IPhone 6s a couple of months ago and IMO, I really don't see why someone would need much more phone than this. It'll do a whole lot more than I'll ever need it to do. Very cool piece of kit.

Poindexter likes this.
  17. unforgivn

unforgivn Nunquam Fidelis

Droid Turbo 2

Don't really like it that much. I would have stuck with LG if I had it to do over again.

18. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

I had an issue with my 6 plus whereby there was a light line in the upper right hand corner. Over time through line grew longer and longer then wider and wider, like someone operating my screen as an etch-a-sketch.

This started the saga of "who will take this phone?".

Long story short I payed off what I owed on the phone with Verizon and traded it in at best buy for a Galaxy 7 Edge, rose gold.

Why rose gold? Because presenly they're giving you a 200 dollar gift card if you help take that color off their hands. If it was matte, I don't think I could have done it. But it doesn't look half bad, goes with my shoes and my purse.

I was very skeptical about the Edge and going back to a Samsung version of Android but all my expectations have been exceeded. Bought a Mophie case to go with it, cause I loved the one I had for the iPhone.

The colors on this thing are amazingly, truly amazing, and it's incredibly responsive. I will say the speakers are trash but from what I understand that's the price of water resistance.

Brilliant phone though.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  19. Kevo

Kevo SMOKE BOMB!

Just got the galaxy 7 edge. Love it so far. Haven't poured champagne on it yet.

disposableassassin likes this.
  20. disposableassassin

disposableassassin Mutatis Mutandis Site Donor

I got that new exploding note 7

Poindexter likes this.