What is your take on WTF HAPPENS WHEN WE DIE

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by Walter Sobchak, May 21, 2012.

1. Anal Prolapse

Anal Prolapse Cavs Creampied My Bostonhole

Are any of you real bible thumping crazies? Or are you like me and think when you die....well....thats it. I have been trying to get it through my head now for years. When I was younger my mother use to bring me to church and that went along for a while then once I was like 17 or so I just stopped. I mean as a kid for some reason it just seemed like the thing I did on a Sunday with my mother. Now I look at it all..Its such a hunk of shit, even what baffles me m ore is how anyone can really fucking believe this shit.

Anyways...what are your thoughts...??

2. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko MMAtheist MMA Pick 'Ems World Champion Survival Pool Champion

expect nothing and hope for the best, if their is a afterlife then that's great

3. Anal Prolapse

there is no fucking way,,,have you ever seen a dead animal in the road. You think that fucker is in a better place? NO, he is dead and will get run over until he is nothing but nothing. Thats all there is for him, his ship sailed. Same happens to us when we go, minus the scene above, of course that is possible as well.

4. ATJ-Lucko

there is no proof of a afterlife, and i am not saying there is one, but if there is one then it's a bonus, all i am saying.

5. Anal Prolapse

Maybe.....lol

6. SandyWH

SandyWH CHAOS KREATOR

I'm "bible thumping crazy".

7. Anal Prolapse

NICE!!

8. drop toe hold

drop toe hold Bill Brasky

agree with freak on this, fade to black

9. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

I hate to talk about your mother, she’s a good old soul,
    She got a ten-ton pussy and a rubber asshole.

10. Peasant

Peasant Active Member

When i finally experience DMT ill let ya know.

11. unforgivn

unforgivn Nunquam Fidelis

Everything that we know about consciousness indicates that it's the product of the physical processes at work in our brains. Thus there is no valid reason to believe that our consciousness will survive the death of that brain.

12. Peasant

Peasant Active Member

I agree, i do like to think our energy/soul becomes again part of life in a whole. Ya know? the shit that we cant see but its everywhere.

13. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

14+ billion years of space and time existed before any of you were born. You were blissfully unawares during that time, and during whatever came before if there was a before so why worry?

Best case scenario you ascend to a storybook castle in the clouds, worse case scenario you have absolutely zero capacity to be concerned with anything. Either oblivion or a medieval times in the sky with unlimited chicken and diet soda.

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

You are energy. All matter is energy coalesced. You're simply in a form that experiences what we consider consciousness. When you die that energy is released and transformed and perhaps coalesces again into some other organic form. But the notion there's an external (non-matter) energy form that is the basis of consciousness (the soul) is completely unproven and poorly explained by all the people to have spoken or written on the subject. It's just wishful thinking using empty language. No one can define what it means for something to be a spirit or contain a spiritual essence. But we can explain, extremely well, what it means to be matter.

Everyone is... because stars explode. We're the conscious form of giant fusion engines in space. That to me is a little more poetic then the fill-in-the-blank soul speak. But it's also something that can be shown to be valid, whereas there is no evidence to demonstrate the what the soul or what spirit-energy is, nor is there a consensus. So even as just an idea, it's not a well-formed one nor does it hold well under scrutiny.

14. unforgivn

unforgivn Nunquam Fidelis

What "energy" are you referring to?

15. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

So far, I like my answer the best.

16. Anal Prolapse

Well....I mean that was not one of the options listed

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

Meh....not sure what it think of it other than HOMO

17. SandyWH

SandyWH CHAOS KREATOR

18. ATJ-Lucko

irony Dr. Who is a atheist:DW:

19. Peasant

Peasant Active Member

Molecules or atoms one of those bastards.

Lmao !! :clap:

20. foundstarr

foundstarr Inspector SpaceTime Site Donor

You feed the worms, the end.