Dismiss Notice
Bellator London YouTube Prelims: Link Main card begins at 5:00 PM ET on the Bellator App.

What do you drive?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Gr8_White_Rabbit, Dec 30, 2008.

1. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

10 days and counting, maybe 11, since I signed the paperwork for my car. 5 days and counting since it boarded a train for Winston-Salem from NY. 2 days and counting since it arrived in Winston-Salem and still nothing. Three other cars like mine arrived at the dealership today but mine is not there yet. I'm trying to be patient.

Poindexter likes this.
  2. Ninjastix

Ninjastix Damn Gina Site Donor

I got my car detailed and ceramic coated and boy was it an adventure..

In a good way though. So I found this place online with quality reviews for service: https://www.augustprecision.com/

I kinda made an appointment a month ago via text with either the owner or a rep there to get my car coated. Now the service prices listed.. very expensive. But I figured I talk and see what they'd be willing to do for cash. With that I go down there this morning and can't find the fucking place. Instead I found this place: https://www.joincecc.com/. A service room FULL of exotic cars in a hanger on display next to another hanger full of exotics that are just in storage. I go around back and discover that the detail place is an off-shoot of the car club in the front.

You never feel smaller than taking a GTI to get detailed while a brand new McLaren 720s is sitting right there. Watching you. Knowing the limits of your bank account.

Anyway - pretty good idea in talking pricing at the 11th hour because what I thought was gonna run me 7-800 cost me $320 for a full interior/exterior detail, 2 nano-coats, glass coating, and wheel coating.

When I picked up the car there was a brand new Ferrari 812 they were working on. You feel like you owe money just staring at these fucking things but the craziest car of the them all was the '66 Ford GT40 (right-hand drive) in the showroom. You do not see that every day.

My buddy came with and we were laughing about oogling a new Supra that the tune-shop next to August Precision had out. Gotta say in person the new Supra is head turner. If you have disposable income and want to women to notice you without developing a personality or abs.. seems like a reasonable option.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  3. FrankieButNotEdgar

A YouTube I follow just bought a 2020 Supra. I bet it’s fun to drive but I’m not a big fan of the body.

He smoked a GT350 Mustang a few times in a quarter mile drag race.

4. FrankieButNotEdgar

Still no car, today was officially the end of the 1-2 weeks window they originally gave me. They’re closed tomorrow so Monday is the absolute earliest but they have no idea when it will be here, so much so that I briefly spoke to my sales guy about saying fuck it and change my paperwork to the Indigo Blue one that just came in. 3 minutes later, we discover that one is already gone. The only colors on the lot are Octane Red (which is actually an ugly fucking burgundy color) and B5 blue pearl coat which I considered at one point but decided against as it’s almost a smurf blue. My first Challenger was actually Indigo blue so I was kinda happy they considered it for the three minutes before that was dashed. This is a picture of my first one from 2011.

ED9480C4-A802-47F7-BA7E-ADC589F8C496.jpeg

It was only a V6 so I didn’t have it long but I do love the color.

With those aforementioned colors the only options, I guess the waiting game continues.

They already sold my white one that I traded in so I wonder what would happen if I said fuck it, I don’t want it anymore?

Poindexter likes this.
  5. FrankieButNotEdgar

Got a call from the car dealership yesterday afternoon. To make up for my car being so late, they worked out a deal with Chase to push my first payment to November 1 and my car will be here tomorrow. Also, I have to go tomorrow morning and pick out the leather I want for my seats since I upgraded the interior as one of my options.
    --- Post Added -- Sep 18, 2019, ---
    My car actually arrived today but won’t be ready until tomorrow. They have to pull all the plastic off, take it out of ship mode, detail it, etc. I love the color.

A6B0E12C-EC49-4E90-9DB7-A4D7D06E2A48.jpeg F2B8F10D-1330-411C-B9B2-4613A51907C3.jpeg

Spoon and Poindexter like this.
  6. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member Survival Pool Champion

Nice ride.

FrankieButNotEdgar likes this.
  7. FrankieButNotEdgar

Picked up my car today. It’s everything I wanted and I’m glad the ordeal is over. To make up for all of the delays, the dealership GM gave me free car maintenance for 2 years.

My leather seats get installed in a week.

8. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

9. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

Hopefully that’s not your only mode of transportation in Northern Minnesota!

Kano likes this.
  10. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member Survival Pool Champion

Don't underestimate the @Kano, bish.

Kano and Miz like this.
  11. Spoon

Spoon There is no Spoon

That's a sick color man!

12. FrankieButNotEdgar

Thanks.

Leather seats were installed yesterday. I like it a lot better than the houndstooth bumble bee seats.

They gave me a 2019 Ram 1500 classic with a 5.7 L V8 to drive while my car spent the night at the upholstery shop. Now, I had this type of truck for 6 years and never felt it lacked any kind of power. So it’s crazy how fast you can become desensitized to things. You really feel the difference when you’ve been driving my car with the bigger V8 and then go back and drive a truck with less power and it weighs more. It felt sluggish even though the reality is it wasn’t. I gotta say, I enjoyed driving a truck again too though.

13. Ninjastix

At some point I want to test drive the new Camry TRD.

14. FrankieButNotEdgar

15. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Well-Known Member

At first I thought he was serious until he popped the hood.

going sometime this week for my wife to look at a 2020 Jeep Cherokee trailhawk

16. FrankieButNotEdgar

I like those but if I was to get one, I would get a Durango instead. It’s essentially the exact same platform but the Durango looks more aggressive, especially if you get the blacktop appearance package.

17. Ninjastix

18. FrankieButNotEdgar

I miss my truck. There's so many things I can't do now that were almost routine when I had my truck. I can't even take shit to the dump anymore and my ol lady is on a kick where she's cleaning the house of all the shit we don't need. I have to try to expedite my previous timeline for buying a truck.

19. MongoloidByChoke

MongoloidByChoke Well-Known Member

Went out a few days ago and decided I wanted a new truck, so I got one.

4AB72F0E-72C6-4602-869A-DD5ADB117238.jpeg

disposableassassin likes this.
  20. FrankieButNotEdgar

Nice, I kinda had you pegged as a Honda Ridgeline kinda guy.