What do you drive?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Gr8_White_Rabbit, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Ninjastix

Ninjastix The Fat Mamba Site Donor

Not sure a Tesla would be as fun to grab as a big, hulking manual growling Challenger. But the fuel off set is nothing to scoff over.

I think I would seriously consider a Stinger in a couple of iterations. Koreans be killing it. Fuck badging.

FrankieButNotEdgar likes this.
  2. FrankieButNotEdgar

FrankieButNotEdgar Well-Known Member Site Donor

The Stinger is Kia right? We looked at a Teluride and it was super nice. My sister has one, but there’s a waiting list for one here where they only get 3-4 a month.

My Challenger is a manual transmission. It’s so fun to drive but I haven’t done anything crazy in it. 70 on the interstate is the most I’ve done in it. 0-60 is super fast and smooth though and it sounds like pure evil.

I’ve burned a little more than a half tank on 200 miles averaging 12 MPG.
    --- Post Added -- Jul 8, 2019, ---
    I’m on a big time car kick right now. I want another one ASAP but I’m going to be responsible and reasonable with my budget and just stick to the car I have currently. But damn this bitch is bad. @Ninjastix this one is at your local Car Max.

It has the Hemi 5.7L V8 in it and is fully loaded with a gigantic double moon roof. It’s so fucking tempting but I’m not gonna go there.

5E1B0365-0773-44A4-A718-0509F31EA257.jpeg DA007B69-AE52-491D-B213-D887D69996F9.jpeg 4EC20536-F965-4CDD-9F8A-9D65D874C396.jpeg

3. Ninjastix

That's not my kind of ride but I can appreciate the muscle car, naturally aspirated large engines, and some American body stylings.

I'm a small car, hot hatch driver. Many don't make it over here like the AMG A45 or Audi's S3 hatches. Closest I get is a Golf R or Audi RS3.

If I could afford the RS3 I'd have an RS3.

4. FrankieButNotEdgar

My ol lady likes Audi. She almost went with an Audi but found a 2017 Jag XE Prestige for $24,000 at Carmax and that’s what she went with.

5. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

Well, it's about to happen gentlemen.

I've had the same car since I was 19 and I was in a crash a few days ago, car had to be written off.

Luckily my insurance covered a rental car for a week, which is good. Still, need to acquire a new vehicle in the next couple of weeks. Hard to live without proper transportation.

Dimson likes this.
  6. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

What happened in the crash?

7. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

I made a mistake while going around a round-a-bout and I clipped the front of a 4WD's bull bar.

There was zero damage to the bar or the other car, but my rear right axle was fucked and my car was written off.

Just picked up my new car today, 2010 Subaru Impreza.

Feelsgoodman.

Dimson, Miz and Kano like this.
  8. Kano

Kano My New Challenge Site Donor

I test drove an Impreza and a Forester when I bought my Forester.

The Impreza was nice. All wheel drive is a must for me.

Problematique likes this.
  9. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

Gonna take me a little while to get used to it, I had my first car for nine years. Since I was 19.

10. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Well-Known Member

About to order a super charger for my Mach 1 in the next few days.
    --- Post Added -- Aug 9, 2019, ---
    One of my friends has a Tesla an lives in Chicago, he regrets it. Past winter it wouldn’t start for almost 2 weeks because of the cold.

11. Ninjastix

I wouldn't have such concerns in North Carolina. I think I could eventually go with a Tesla especially as fuel continues to rise and IC cars become more and more complicated. Fewer moving parts of a EV is starting to become appealing to me.

12. Palma

Palma I am chaos

I just got an Impreza too! We can be eco friendly lesbians together!

13. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

I've always wanted to have an eco friendly lesbian partner, huzzah!

Dimson and Palma like this.
  14. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Well-Known Member

They are great in warmer climate, not so good in cold weather.

15. FrankieButNotEdgar

I need a daily driver. I love my car being a manual transmission but it’s not fun as a daily driver, being stuck in traffic or in and out of traffic.

I’m debating on getting a new Ram 1500 or a Chrysler 300S as my daily driver. I had both before, having just sold my truck a month ago and I had a 300 S in 2011. I need a truck and that’s the way I’m leaning but I really want a 300 S.

So I’m doing an experiment. I recently switched distributors for my phone parts. If I save enough money by switching distributors that would cover the car payment, I’ll get another car. I did the math and I spend about $750 to $1,000 more per month with my current parts distributor than I would if I switched to an online distributor. In the past, I’ve preferred paying the extra $3-$4 per screen locally than online because if I need something, I can just go get it right then, I don’t have to wait for it to be shipped. But saving that extra money now appeals to me, not to mention, I sell my recycled screens for anywhere from $200-$600 per month. So I’m testing it out to see exactly how much I’ll save in one months time.

16. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

My new car is manual, never bothered me whether a car is automatic or manual. As long as the car does what I need, it doesn't matter.

I'm not a gear head or anything.

[​IMG][​IMG]

17. FrankieButNotEdgar

I’ve owned a manual for most of my life, my previous car, 2013 Dodge Dart was a manual. I love driving a manual. That comes with a huge caveat though. I get stressed out a lot and sometimes, I just want to sink into my seat and relax. And in the city I work in, there’s no relaxing while driving if you have a manual. Traffic congestion is getting worse and there’s always construction going on somewhere so it’s constant stopping and starting. So I’m over it. I’m not getting rid of my car, I just want to get a daily driver that isn’t a manual.

I have to get a truck before Spring 2020 because fishing season will be coming back around and I sold my truck so I still have to haul my boat. So that’s the way I’m leaning. I’m just eyeballing this 300S and it’s oh so tempting.

18. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

Fair enough. Though I live near the city, I don't have to do a lot of city driving. Which is great, because it sucks.

Perth isn't even a massive city, but the driving in it is shithouse.

There's saying in Perth:

Dimson and Kano like this.
  19. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

We just bought a new Mazda CX-5. Looked at a couple hybrids (Toyota and Nissan) and plug ins (Mitzubishi) but they didnt work for what we needed as our main daily family vehicle.

Here in BC, there are numerous incentives to buy electric/hybrid/phv ... a couple 5-6 grand kick backs with trade in of a gas vehicle. I might eventually do this for a work vehicle.

The lil lady drives the Mazda. I am currently driving a 2013 Nissan Juke :leaving:and a 2005 Ford Ranger. I drive about 60 km per day for work and get reimbursed per km, so eventually getting an electric car for work would pay for itself.

20. Ninjastix

For Coy:

So I had a scary ass issue with my GTI and it seems VWs in general have this issue with their front assist technology.

The radar sensing is suppose to read if there's an eminent front collision and apply the brakes. And I think the sensor is less a straight line read and more like a cone. I think it can falsely recognize adjacent traffic, not parallel (thankfully), but adjacent. I had it go off with no car in front of me but I was traveling in a lane whereby it split off gradually into a left turn.

Scared the piss out of me. So either VW recalibrates my shit or I'm looking for a replacement.