1. It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience. Discuss: "UFC 220: Miocic vs. Ngannou" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 7:00 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We've created a backup site in case the forum experiences any technical difficulties. Please bookmark the following addresses: www.reddit.com/r/MMASPOT/ and/or www.nm.reddit.com/r/MMASPOT/. All urgent announcements will be posted there in the event that the main site goes down. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice

What Book Are You Reading Right Now?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Thamob, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Problematique

Problematique Silver for monsters, steel for humans.

On the 5th book, fucking love them.

2. TriangleSmoke

TriangleSmoke Motherfucker of the Century Site Donor

Fire and Fury. Interesting to say the least.

3. Bran

Bran The wolf dead.

I finished that a couple days ago. Very interesting for sure.

Funny story, today I was browsing Bing's news section and clicked on a Fox News article about Bannon, wherein the book was mentioned, though referred to as a novel. Classic Fox News.

4. thumper

thumper all around great guy Staff Member

TV Guide

Dimson likes this.
  5. Fedorlei Gomipierre

Fedorlei Gomipierre The IQ Poster MMA Pick 'Ems World Champion Site Donor

Just finished "Dead Man's Blues" by Ray Celestin. Really cool noir mystery/historical fiction that takes place during Capone's reign in Chicago during prohibition and is a follow-up novel to Celestin's previous book, "The Axeman's Jazz", that similarly follows a true crime story and writes a fictional accounting solving the murders that in reality, are still unsolved. Really entertaining read.

Now starting "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford", since I'm a big fan of Ron Hansen's style and detail in writing the western genre even though I thought the film adaptation was a tad too languid.

6. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

I wish I was reading Winds of Winter but George RR Martin hates me.

Dimson likes this.