What Book Are You Reading Right Now?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Thamob, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Miz

Miz mortality, ka, and the Tower

Finished the first Witcher book. Just got the second. It’s pretty awesome. If you like awesome things.
    --- Post Added -- Jun 14, 2019, ---
    There are probably like a few of us who read this thread, and they already know, but if you haven’t read a book series before the show came out then you are missing out. I read LOR and GOT before the movie/tv shows and it was magical. The Witcher could be like that.

Problematique and Poindexter like this.
  2. Poindexter

Poindexter Reputation: ∞ Staff Member

Starting this:

[​IMG]

Dimson, Noise and Miz like this.
  3. Qball1974

Qball1974 Tower of Song Site Donor

Working on

[​IMG]

Malevolence and Miz like this.
  4. Miz

@Problematique Im on the last chapter of the Sword of Destiny. I’ll hopefully be starting Blood of Elves tomorrow. I didn’t know what to think of Dandelion but I really like him now.
    --- Post Added -- Jun 17, 2019, ---
    @Malevolence have you read the Witcher series? It’s pretty bad ass. No bull shit and all eye candy. Great fantasy stuff if you’re into fantasy.

Problematique likes this.
  5. Malevolence

Malevolence ...TESTING POSITIVE FOR TURINABOL

That’s a goody, I stalled on the last one in the series, End of Watch, got halfway & had to return it. Really enjoyed the first two though.

Doctor Sleep movie is out soon, looking forward to to that, the books great.

Qball1974 likes this.
  6. Miz

Just finished Blood of Elves and now I’m ready for The Time of Contempt. Can’t wait for this series on Netflix. A lot of potential to be good.

7. Qball1974

I seen the Game of Thrones series on sale today,

do the books have a better fucking ending?

Because the T.V. show really pissed me off.

8. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

[​IMG]

Miz likes this.
  9. Miz

The books are not finished. Still has Winds or Winter and A Dream or Spring to come. He says Winds will be out next year, but who knows. The books are so fucking good, but just know they might never be finished as he is 70 years old. If Winds comes out next year he will be 71 I think and a best case scenario is it takes 6 years for Dream so he’d be 77. There were rumors they were near done but he was waiting for the show to end but I believe that was bull shit.
    Lots of differences from book to show, but I think main ending will be similar, but fleshed out better. More cool characters in the books.
    --- Post Added -- Jun 23, 2019, ---
    @Qball1974 if you’re wanting fantasy this The Witcher is pretty damn good. It’s going to be a Netflix show in the fall. The first two books are short stories about Geralt, the Witcher. Quick reads.

Qball, have you read the Dark Tower by Stephan King? I’m on the fifth book. It’s awesome and will also be a tv series.

Finally there is a series called the kingkiller chrinicles by Patrick Rothfuss. Two of the three books are complete and it is going to be a show also.

All good fantasy stories. The Witcher is eye candy, while The Dark Tower is awesome but King can be wordy and there isn’t as much action. Kingkiller is awesome but not complete although Rothfuss is mid forties so he should complete. It’s cool because the main guy is telling his story to a chronicler, so it’s happening in the past and present.

Cat--Smasher and Qball1974 like this.
  10. Qball1974

I tried reading it when I was a teen but didn't like it at the time,

I might give it another shot now I'm older.

If I can make it through Bag of Bones The Dark Tower should be a breeze :)

11. Miz

After this series I need to get back to the Dark Tower. I’m on The Wolves of Calla. King’s payoffs are awesome, but man do they sometimes take a while to get there. Check out the first Witcher book. It’s pretty awesome. Problemstique reccommended it and I’m glad I checked it out.

Problematique and Qball1974 like this.
  12. Miz

@Problematique just finished baptism by fire. It’s my favorite of the three main books so far. Two more to go. I’m not going to lie but my dumb ass has been confused at times. Radania, Temaria, sorcesses and so on have gotten mixed around in my mind, but I think I have a good handle on it now. Reading when you are tired is sometimes not very smart.
    This is an epic quest and I can’t wait to see how it plays out.

13. disposableassassin

disposableassassin Mutatis Mutandis Site Donor

@Miz the new witcher stuff they just released looks pretty good. I'm starting to get excited. When I finish these halo novels I'm on I will likely pick up the first witcher book.

14. Miz

I’m really excited for the show as well. The first two books are collections of short stories that set up the world and the back story. The next five are the main books. So the first two books follow Geralt and the next five follow other characters (edit: as well as Geralt of course). I wish you lived close and you could borrow the first two. I bought those b/c my library didn’t have last wish for some reason.
    They said a trailer will be out by July 19. @Problematique the Netflix show would have to be multiple seasons, right? Like that’s a dumb question? It would have to be at least 4 or 5 seasons? Hopefully the first one is successful.

15. SickNasty

SickNasty Now that's a tasty burger.

Giving A Farewell To Arms by Hemmingway a shot.

I'm 13 chapters in and it's alright so far.

Poindexter and Miz like this.
  16. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

If you google a map of the world it'll give you a lot better context for land positions etc.
    --- Post Added -- Jul 2, 2019, ---
    It would depend on how they're going to do it, whether they are going to follow the story of the books or just use them as a base to build the world off and then do their own thing.

I think if you do the books and if the show is produced well enough to be received well, I reckon three or four seasons would work.

That also depends how many episodes per season/run time per episode.

Miz likes this.
  17. Miz

I read the first season will be 8 episodes. I’ll start a thread when the trailer comes out.

disposableassassin likes this.
  18. Miz

@Problematique Last book! Here we fucking go. This series has been crazy. Great read if you like fantasy.

19. Problematique

Problematique Wiedźmin.

You're going through 'em fast.

Miz likes this.
  20. Cat--Smasher

Cat--Smasher Putting the stamp on kids Staff Member

Currently reading Islands of the Damned by Burgin.. always get drawn into a good war story.

Miz likes this.