1. It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience. Discuss: "UFC 220: Miocic vs. Ngannou" Live Discussion *Spoilers*. Prelims begin at 7:00 p.m. ET on Fight Pass.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We've created a backup site in case the forum experiences any technical difficulties. Please bookmark the following addresses: www.reddit.com/r/MMASPOT/ and/or www.nm.reddit.com/r/MMASPOT/. All urgent announcements will be posted there in the event that the main site goes down. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice

what are Greg Jackson and Mike Winkeljohn's credentials?

Discussion in 'MMA University' started by ArMnHC, Mar 2, 2011.

1. ArMnHC

ArMnHC Great Chimdale County Man

I have never doubted these guys' abilities to coach and create great fighters, they aren't one of the top camps in the world for nothing. but i was just curious what their backgrounds were if anyone knows. i know Greg Jackson has his own form of jiu-jitsu (i don't know how to spell it so i'm not even gunna try), but where did he learn it from. and was Winkeljohn a successful kickboxer? someone fill me in please.

2. ATJ-Lucko

ATJ-Lucko MMAtheist

Found this for Mike Winkeljohn, there is no wiki page for him

And here is Jackon's wiki page
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Jackson_(MMA_trainer)

3. PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin

PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin Well-Known Member Site Donor

Not sure of the answer to the question but I heard Bas say in an interview that everything he knows of MMA and fighting in general, was self taught so if he can do it, I guess others can too.

4. Harlem Hustler

Harlem Hustler Dont argue, I'm always right!

he should have fought a Prime Royce in the UFC

5. neo

neo Misses Karo

Greg Jackson has a wrestling background too I believe

6. PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin

PatsWillPoundMyProlapsedChin Well-Known Member Site Donor

His body was breaking down by the time he got to the UFC. He tried a comeback and couldn't fight through the pain. His knees are bone and bone and he said he has tendonitis so bad it makes him want to cry.